Author Topic: Health plans request double-digit premium increases  (Read 261 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
    • Fullervision
Health plans request double-digit premium increases
« on: July 02, 2014, 10:52:33 PM »

by Laura Nahmias and Dan Goldberg
July 2, 2014

New York insurance companies are looking to raise health insurance premiums by an average of 13 percent, according to proposed rates released by the state's Department of Financial Services on Wednesday.

The requests come from the 41 insurance companies operating in New York's insurance market. Last year, 16 insurers offered plans on the state's health exchange, which was created by the Affordable Care Act.

Five of the six most popular plans on the state’s exchange requested double-digit increases in their premium rates for next year, with an average request of a 15.5 percent rate hike.

(Excerpted. MUCH more at link.)
Proud supporter of the Free Conservative Resistance • #NeitherTrumpNorHillary

Reminder: no party or candidate is entitled to my vote by default.
"Just because people in positions of authority are stupid, it doesn’t mean you have to go along with it." —Arlo Guthrie
"You can't fix stupid." —Ron White

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • SMOD 2016
Re: Health plans request double-digit premium increases
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 11:12:22 PM »
ours is asking for an 18% increase.
I won't vote for Clinton, but I cannot vote for Trump.  How could I explain to my daughter why I supported a man who sees her as nothing more than a piece of meat, a piece of a$$ for him to grope for his own private pleasure.

"Trump supporter" - the very definition of an SFI

Offline AbaraXas

• Just a nobody
  • Social Media Advisor
  • Just a nobody
Re: Health plans request double-digit premium increases
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 11:18:08 PM »
We had about a 30% jump last year. I look forward to see what happens for the next open enrollment.
Never delude yourself into thinking you're "influencing" or making a difference on the internet. It is an ephemeral pleasure.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo