Author Topic: Gordon Ramsay Announces End of Kitchen Nightmares / Over 60 Percent of the Restaurants on 'Kitchen Nightmares' Are Now Closed  (Read 736 times)

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Gordon Ramsay Announces End of Kitchen Nightmares
Hugh Merwin
Grub Street
June 23, 2014

Over on GordonRamsay.com, your source for all kinds of Gordon Ramsay  news and updates, the British chef says the time has come for him to put  a fork in Kitchen Nightmares, which began ten years ago, we're  guessing, with a bunch of yelling and a handful of inept U.K.  restaurateurs. The chef discussed his franchise with Deadline recently,  and said that he intended to "turn it upside down, reposition it and  maybe hand the position over to someone else one day." This doesn't mean  the end for Hell's Kitchen, MasterChef, and MasterChef Junior, he notes, while writing, "It's sad to say goodbye to Kitchen Nightmares but I'll be continuing with my other shows."
More

Over 60 Percent of the Restaurants on 'Kitchen Nightmares' Are Now Closed
Riddley Gemperlein-Schirm
Grub Street
June 25, 2014

In the end, Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares  went out with a humble blog post, not with a bang, and in any case the  chef's farewell announcement earlier this week marks the end of an  expletive-filled era and slaying comments like, "Chimichangas?  Chimi-chuck it in the bin." There were a few lawsuits along the way and  various claims from proprietors that the show wrecked their businesses,  but in all, while some spots have scintillating Yelp! reviews now, Kitchen Nightmares saved less than half of its featured restaurants, and a few even closed before their episodes aired.
More
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 02:36:31 am by Machiavelli »

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Sadly, Amy's Baking Co is still open.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Sadly, Amy's Baking Co is still open.

I know. There are a lot of non-discriminating garbage-guts out there.  **nononono*