Author Topic: Dean: 'Incompetent' GOP Will 'Get Their Butts Kicked' in 2014 Midterms  (Read 1509 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-TV/2014/07/02/Dean-Incompetent-GOP-Will-Get-Their-Butts-Kicked-in-2014-Midterms

on Breitbart TV 2 Jul 2014, 2:17 PM PDT

On Wednesday’s “NOW w/Alex Wagner,” former Gov. Howard Dean (D-VT), the former chairman of the Democratic National Committee, attacked Republicans on Capitol Hill on multiple grounds, including on ethics and what he considered to be a do-nothing Congress.

Dean, however, made the extraordinary prediction this would come back to haunt the GOP as soon as this November’s midterms.

“I just think the Republican Congress is incompetent,” Dean said. “They’re incompetent and they’re untrustworthy. We’re paying them. They are doing nothing. They might as well just go home. And you know, they did do something -- yesterday the Ethics Committee decided to make it easier to hide the taxpayer’s money you spend when you take a congressional trip. These guys need to go and I think they get their butts kicked in November. People are sick of this. They may like or may not like Barack Obama. There hasn't been a debate about policy, a serious debate about policy last six months or a year. And I think that the American people are just disgusted. I’m certainly disgusted with them. I question their patriotism, really. I mean, we’re paying them to do something and they are doing nothing.”

Later Dean added the demonstration in Murrieta, CA in which protestors blocked the transport of illegal immigrants from being detained locally was something that will resonate with Hispanic voters and cost Republicans additionally.

“I think it's a disaster for the Republicans,” he added. “I think this big demonstration that they had blocking the immigrants from being detained at some center in California -- every Hispanic voter in America is watching that. And they know those aren't Democrats out there demonstrating. I think basically what happened in California under Pete Wilson is happening in the United States and I actually think it's irreversible. If that gets the turnout out in the congressional election, do have a shot at taking both the House and the Senate.”
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 01:07:38 am by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Howard who??

:smokin:

Oceander

with the anti-"amnesty" crowd in full hue and cry he may be a little too close to the mark.

Offline sinkspur

with the anti-"amnesty" crowd in full hue and cry he may be a little too close to the mark.

Nah.  He's nuts.  Democrats are going to get their butts kicked and lose the Senate.

You think average Americans like having their country overrun with children who are being sent here, knowing they'll never leave?

This is going to blow up in Obama's and the Democrat's faces.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Oceander

Nah.  He's nuts.  Democrats are going to get their butts kicked and lose the Senate.

You think average Americans like having their country overrun with children who are being sent here, knowing they'll never leave?

This is going to blow up in Obama's and the Democrat's faces.

Not if the GOP succeeds in driving enough hispanic and other non-anglo voters into the democrats' arms, and getting the democrats' traditional base amped up.  Sure there will be some democrat losses in November, but they'll be less than they would be without the anti-immigrant hysteria.

Offline sinkspur

Not if the GOP succeeds in driving enough hispanic and other non-anglo voters into the democrats' arms, and getting the democrats' traditional base amped up.  Sure there will be some democrat losses in November, but they'll be less than they would be without the anti-immigrant hysteria.

So, you think Americans should just welcome these kids with open arms, and pass the Senate reform bill and the Hispanics will, all of a sudden, love the GOP?

The GOP is not doing anything right now.  This is Obama's problem:  it's because of him these kids are coming here, and 60% of the country blames him for it. 

Democrats are amped up about a lot of stuff these days:  immigration reform, Hobby Lobby, minimum wage.  They just don't vote in mid-terms.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Oceander

So, you think Americans should just welcome these kids with open arms, and pass the Senate reform bill and the Hispanics will, all of a sudden, love the GOP?

The GOP is not doing anything right now.  This is Obama's problem:  it's because of him these kids are coming here, and 60% of the country blames him for it. 

Democrats are amped up about a lot of stuff these days:  immigration reform, Hobby Lobby, minimum wage.  They just don't vote in mid-terms.

I don't, and I don't appreciate you putting false words in my mouth.  Dealing with the realities of life is not the same thing as being a "path to citizenship" door-mat, and the realities of immigration and sensible reform are complicated.  Anti-immigrant zealotry could mean the difference between a Senate controlled by the republicans and a Senate controlled by the democrats.

Offline speekinout

There's a big danger for the dims in the immigration battle. These illegal minors are bringing new and somewhat scary medical problems with them - scabies, swine flu, drug resistant tb, dengue fever, etc. - and if those spread, esp. in schools, then anti-immigrant hysteria will be the winning issue of the day.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
There's a big danger for the dims in the immigration battle. These illegal minors are bringing new and somewhat scary medical problems with them - scabies, swine flu, drug resistant tb, dengue fever, etc. - and if those spread, esp. in schools, then anti-immigrant hysteria will be the winning issue of the day.

I think it's pretty obvious that this whole children flooding our borders thing was strategerized by the Democrats to help them in the fall elections.  They were advertising for contractor bids to accompany unaccompanied illegal children back in January and now it appears that the Baptist Family and Children's Services won the bid.  (What kind of Baptist group would call themselves "Brown Shirts? - I think it's a fake name for a bunch of SEIU thugs, another way to funnel money.)

Anyway, this whole thing was planned to make the Republicans look awful and cruel - not to mention "unchristian" - to certain demographic and low-information voters.  I think it's going to blow up in their faces though.  They've gone too far, even for them!
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline speekinout

I think it's pretty obvious that this whole children flooding our borders thing was strategerized by the Democrats to help them in the fall elections.  They were advertising for contractor bids to accompany unaccompanied illegal children back in January and now it appears that the Baptist Family and Children's Services won the bid.  (What kind of Baptist group would call themselves "Brown Shirts? - I think it's a fake name for a bunch of SEIU thugs, another way to funnel money.)

Anyway, this whole thing was planned to make the Republicans look awful and cruel - not to mention "unchristian" - to certain demographic and low-information voters.  I think it's going to blow up in their faces though.  They've gone too far, even for them!

I thought the same thing about the BFCS, so I looked them up. It looks like a legitimate group, and the brown shirts name is just because their "enforcement team" wears khaki shirts. So unless someone finds something better, I accept that they are a legitimate organization.

And, yes, it was indeed all set up to make the GOP look cruel. But I agree that it is going to backfire. The medical problems look like the first thing to explode. Parents are not going to like having their children exposed to new and difficult to cure diseases. If the GOP had anyone smart, they'd start talking about how they were trying to protect our American children.
But then, I'm dreaming if I think a Republican can be good at public relations.  :shrug:

Oceander

I agree with the set-up, I'm less sanguine on the blowing up part.  Never underestimate the ignorance of the lo-info American.

Offline alicewonders

I thought the same thing about the BFCS, so I looked them up. It looks like a legitimate group, and the brown shirts name is just because their "enforcement team" wears khaki shirts. So unless someone finds something better, I accept that they are a legitimate organization.

And, yes, it was indeed all set up to make the GOP look cruel. But I agree that it is going to backfire. The medical problems look like the first thing to explode. Parents are not going to like having their children exposed to new and difficult to cure diseases. If the GOP had anyone smart, they'd start talking about how they were trying to protect our American children.
But then, I'm dreaming if I think a Republican can be good at public relations.  :shrug:

Yeah.  I don't think they thought out the medical aspect of these children being infested with parasites and infectious diseases. 

Agree about the GOP, they're too busy cowering in the corner, afraid they will appear "racist" if they try to stop this.     

Offline alicewonders

I agree with the set-up, I'm less sanguine on the blowing up part.  Never underestimate the ignorance of the lo-info American.

True, I've come to expect the worst.  It gave me hope when I heard about the protesters that stopped a bus loaded with these children before they could be brought into their city.  It only makes sense that a community would want to protect their own citizens from being exposed to diseases and parasites that previously were not a problem. 

The key is local.  People in these states and communities have got to fight it like those people did.  At some point, even if Federal law does supercede local laws - at some point, the government goes too far and must be stopped. 

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
"Not only is Ms. Shaheen going to win New Hampshire, Alex Wagner, we're going to South Carolina, and Oklahoma, and Arizona, and North Dakota, and New Mexico... we're going to California, and Texas, and New York, we're going to South Dakota, and Oregon, and Washington, and MICHIGAN! And then we're going to Washington, DC to take back the House of Representatives... YEAAAAGH!"

:laugh:
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline alicewonders

"Not only is Ms. Shaheen going to win New Hampshire, Alex Wagner, we're going to South Carolina, and Oklahoma, and Arizona, and North Dakota, and New Mexico... we're going to California, and Texas, and New York, we're going to South Dakota, and Oregon, and Washington, and MICHIGAN! And then we're going to Washington, DC to take back the House of Representatives... YEAAAAGH!"

:laugh:

Thank you Myrle, for giving me the opportunity to post this - it's one of my favorites:

:silly: :silly: :silly:

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion

I've noticed online that every lib suddenly have become big "christians" and talking about how we Republicans are unchristian because we don't want these "poor children" or "poor, but good immigrants" to be given better lives in the US.  The talking points have clearly gone out.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline alicewonders

I've noticed online that every lib suddenly have become big "christians" and talking about how we Republicans are unchristian because we don't want these "poor children" or "poor, but good immigrants" to be given better lives in the US.  The talking points have clearly gone out.

Four more months until the election.  I wonder what other "strategies" they have cooked up?

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Four more months until the election.  I wonder what other "strategies" they have cooked up?

Just more of the same, with just new variations.

-War on women
-Racism
-Class warfare
-Racism
-Koch Brothers
-Racism
-War on Women
-Homosexual something or another
-Racism
-Immigration (tied into class warfare, war on women, and racism)
-And of course, more racism
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Just more of the same, with just new variations.

-War on women
-Racism
-Class warfare
-Racism
-Koch Brothers
-Racism
-War on Women
-Homosexual something or another
-Racism
-Immigration (tied into class warfare, war on women, and racism)
-And of course, more racism

Add in "do nothing Congress."

Offline GourmetDan

Dean has made a nice living telling the faithful what they want to hear regardless of what the truth is.

Don't expect that to change anytime soon...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan