Author Topic: Hillary Clinton on Hobby Lobby: “Corporation’s employers can impose religious beliefs on employees”  (Read 1045 times)

rangerrebew

Hillary Clinton on Hobby Lobby: “Corporation’s employers can impose religious beliefs on employees”

Posted on Jun 30, 2014 at 6:55 PM in Politics | 87 Comments

By The Right Scoop

The left hates that corporations are people. They absolutely hate it.

So much so that when the Supreme Court rules in a way that agrees with that idea, they lose their freaking mind.

And this clip below is a perfect example of that, where Hillary Clinton thinks that as a result of the Hobby Lobby decision, that employers will now be able to impose religious beliefs on their employees:

The ruling was about Hobby Lobby having the right NOT to be forced by the government to pay for abortifacients. That’s it. It has nothing, absolutely nothing to do with employers imposing religious beliefs on employees. There are laws against that already.

But to the left, this is some kind of armageddon and it doesn’t even make sense.

(h/t: Buzzfeed)
http://therightscoop.com/hillary-clinton-on-hobby-lobby-corporations-employers-can-impose-religious-beliefs-on-employees/
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 12:16:34 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Charlespg

Hillary Clinton on Hobby Lobby: “Corporation’s employers can impose religious beliefs on employees”   
Shut up cankles      :chairbang:
Rather Trump Then Cackles Clinton

Offline mountaineer

Yeah, if I asked my employer to kill a member of my family (and pay the hit man) and he refused, I'd say he was imposing his religious beliefs on me, too!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
You guy obviously are not getting the point. With this ruling there is no longer any abortion of any kind ever in America. All American women are to be forcably inseminated and forced to carry the baby full term.

That is what this means. Don't you get it? No woman will ever be allowed to use any type of contraception! This is the end of everything! Oh the huge manetee!

The sky is falling! The sky is falling!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline GourmetDan

I see ham sandwiches at Kosher Delis...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline evadR

I gotta admit, I never quite got the concept of a corporation having the same constitutional rights as a person.
Yeah, I know, the SC said so, but that don't make it true.
And I can't find anywhere in the writings of the founders where they intended such.

November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline sinkspur

I gotta admit, I never quite got the concept of a corporation having the same constitutional rights as a person.
And I can't find anywhere in the writings of the founders where they intended such.

What is a corporation composed of?  PERSONS working toward a common goal.  It isn't much of a stretch to conclude that a group of persons working in common could be viewed as one composition PERSON working toward a common goal.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Oceander

It doesn't have all the same rights.  Corporations do not have Fifth Amendment rights against compelled self-incrimination, for example.

rangerrebew

Madam Clinton is obviously not aware of the REAL issue.  Hobby Lobby still provides birth control, 16 types, there are ones that deal with the morning after type pill they objected to.  That is hardly the end of the world.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Madam Clinton is obviously not aware of the REAL issue.  Hobby Lobby still provides birth control, 16 types, there are ones that deal with the morning after type pill they objected to.  That is hardly the end of the world.

That's correct.  16 of 20 are covered.   They don't want to cover the abortive medication...the "Day After..."

And yet, that truth is not being covered by any of the so called mainstream lying media.

....or apparently, Mrs. Clinton.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 08:34:15 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
What is a corporation composed of?  PERSONS working toward a common goal.  It isn't much of a stretch to conclude that a group of persons working in common could be viewed as one composition PERSON working toward a common goal.

They want it both ways though. If corporations get the benefits of person-hood they should also deal with the consequences of person-hood. You know, like being held accountable for your crimes.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
It doesn't have all the same rights.  Corporations do not have Fifth Amendment rights against compelled self-incrimination, for example.

Not yet.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??

No, I don't gotta admit any such thing.  This ruling has nothing to do with "a corporation having the same rights as a person".  This was a very narrow ruling about closely held corporations and family businesses.  It did not apply to all corporations, although along with the concepts of a free society and a fair judiciary, any corporation is free and welcome to hire an attorney, file a lawsuit on those grounds, and fight it up through the courts for a couple of years like these cases did.

The Founders did not intend that you give up your personal First Amendment rights just because you formed a business.  The Founders didn't say anything about all of the intrusive reporting and special taxing that corporations are subject to either, but I don't hear you cherry picking that thought to toss around.

There is more than one overly simplistic and completely incorrect meme running around out there on this, and you pointed out one of the more common ones....

:smokin:
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 09:17:25 pm by Chieftain »

Offline evadR

No, I don't gotta admit any such thing.  This ruling has nothing to do with "a corporation having the same rights as a person".  This was a very narrow ruling about closely held corporations and family businesses.  It did not apply to all corporations, although along with the concepts of a free society and a fair judiciary, any corporation is free and welcome to hire an attorney, file a lawsuit on those grounds, and fight it up through the courts for a couple of years like these cases did.

The Founders did not intend that you give up your personal First Amendment rights just because you formed a business.  The Founders didn't say anything about all of the intrusive reporting and special taxing that corporations are subject to either, but I don't hear you cherry picking that thought to toss around.

There is more than one overly simplistic and completely incorrect meme running around out there on this, and you pointed out one of the more common ones....

You totally missed my point, not that there's anything wrong with that.

Offline evadR

Oceander

:thumbsup:

Well put!