Author Topic: Black Democrats Tell Thad Cochran: We Own You Now  (Read 326 times)

rangerrebew

Black Democrats Tell Thad Cochran: We Own You Now
« on: July 01, 2014, 11:54:54 am »

Black Democrats Tell Thad Cochran: We Own You Now

30 June 2014 / 2 Comments

Nothing in life is free. And now that Sen. Thad Cochran (R-MS) was able to narrowly beat his Tea Party rival, due to thousands of black Democrats who crossed party lines to vote in the GOP primary runoff, his new constituency is looking to cash in on their influence.

In their minds, Cochran, who is in line to chair the powerful Senate Appropriations Committee if Republicans take back the Senate, is now a part of the Congressional Black Caucus (CBC)–and should vote like a CBC member.

According to Politico, “Members of the Congressional Black Caucus are talking about what they want Cochran to do” if he gets re-elected for another six-year term. Their wishlist includes “maintaining funding for food stamps, beefing up programs that help poor blacks in Mississippi and even supporting the Voting Rights Act.”

“Absolutely we have expectations,’’ Rep. Marcia Fudge (D-OH), the chairwoman of the Congressional Black Caucus, told Politico. Rep. Hank Johnson (D-GA) said after Cochran was “desperate” enough to court the black vote, he hopes that Cochran is now “responsive to the voters that pushed him over the top.” And Rep. Emanuel Cleaver (D-MO) said he hopes Cochran “comes to the realization that African Americans are the reason I have this final six years and therefore I’m going to try and be more responsible than I have been.”

Read More:  http://www.breitbart.com/

Read more at http://minutemennews.com/2014/06/black-democrats-tell-thad-cochran-now/#hySiDOPie04P0Gib.99

Oceander

Re: Black Democrats Tell Thad Cochran: We Own You Now
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 11:57:20 am »
Delusional.  If republicans don't reliably vote the way conservatives expect, why would these fools think they're any more special?