Author Topic: BREAKING: New Allegations Point to Cochran Campaign .. (vote buying)  (Read 715 times)

Offline mrclose

Full Title:BREAKING: New Allegations Point to Cochran Campaign in Mississippi Senate Vote Buying Scandal

An audio interview has surfaced in which the interviewee claims that he was to be paid by the Cochran camp to grease voters in the Mississippi GOP Senate runoff election. The audio interview, which coincides with a separate audio recording and batch of evidence produced by the newly launched GotNews.com, a project by Charles C. Johnson, alleges that the Cochran campaign conspired with a Mississippi Reverend to buy the votes of African American voters, who happen to be democrats.

http://www.redstate.com/2014/06/30/breaking-new-allegations-point-cochran-campaign-mississippi-senate-vote-buying-scandal/
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Carling

Re: BREAKING: New Allegations Point to Cochran Campaign .. (vote buying)
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2014, 03:08:58 am »
I'd vet the 'pastor' claiming this before running with it.  Reminds me a bit of Clive Bundy, as in too good to be true.   :whistle:
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Carling

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 03:11:40 am »
 :nono:

The Reverend balked on verbal confirmation of Saleem Baird as the Cochran staffer who facilitated the vote buying scheme, but if the text he referenced, featured at the GotNews site, is validated, that changes the game in many ways.

Be wary of what seems too good to be true upon first reading or hearing.   TOS is running with this as fact.  I like to think we're a bit more prudent on this board about jumping to immediate conclusions on any "smoking gun."
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 03:12:29 am by Carling »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 03:16:49 am »

Be wary of what seems too good to be true upon first reading or hearing.   TOS is running with this as fact.  I like to think we're a bit more prudent on this board about jumping to immediate conclusions on any "smoking gun."

Agreed.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Carling

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 04:07:38 am »
Agreed.

I wouldn't at all put it past those connected to Cochran to do this, though.  42 years of jobs via nepotism because Thad is a senator can't be easy to give up w/out a fight. 

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 04:23:28 am »

I agree, but this is exactly what I figured would happen eventually.  There is no way to keep something like this secret unless you shoot every single person involved.  Someone knew what happened and it is inevitable that they would talk.

It will be very interesting to see if this election is invalidated, and what happens when a real election is finally held...

Offline evadR

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2014, 04:30:56 am »
Has anyone been frog marched to jail yet?

::yawn:: call me when they do.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.