Author Topic: Multi-Baby-Daddy Felon Gets Plea Deal That Requires Him to Get A Vasectomy  (Read 273 times)

rangerrebew

Multi-Baby-Daddy Felon Gets Plea Deal That Requires Him to Get A Vasectomy

Posted 8 hours ago by Mark Horne filed under Crime, Law, Law Enforcement

I’m completely in favor of Jessie Lee Herald ceasing and desisting in all sexual reproduction—an activity he has brought to consummation seven times with six women. Nevertheless, there is something about what the court is requiring of this man that makes me nervous about the future.

From the Smoking Gun:

Jessie Lee Herald, 27, struck the agreement earlier this month with prosecutors in Shenandoah County, where he was also facing hit-and-run and driving with a suspended license charges. Herald was arrested in December following an auto crash from which he fled on foot with a three-year-old boy.

As part of the deal, Herald will serve four years in state prison and five years of probation upon his release from custody. Within a year of his departure from prison, Herald has agreed to get a vasectomy, according to a plea agreement signed by Herald, his lawyer, a prosecutor, and a Circuit Court judge.

The document also stipulates that Herald “shall not have a ‘reversal’ during the pendency of his probation.”

The agreement notes that the vasectomy requirement “is not a usual term of probation,” and that the judge “would not impose this condition without the defendant’s consent.”

Herald--a convicted felon whose rap sheet includes prior narcotics, unlawful wounding, and hit-and-run convictions--was offered the plea deal by prosecutors who cited his proclivity to reproduce.

“It was primarily due to the fact he had seven or eight children, all by different women, and we felt it might be in the commonwealth’s interest for that to be part of the plea agreement,” prosecutor Ilona White told the Northern Virginia Daily.

Given the fact that there are powerful people who favor population control, this use of the legal system bothers me a great deal. Will this legal authority be used to force sterilization on other men and women? It seems likely to me.

Read more at http://politicaloutcast.com/2014/06/multi-baby-daddy-felon-gets-plea-deal-requires-get-vasectomy/#JDJWkmSwDZoESufp.99

Oceander

This won't stand.  It bears no relationship to the crimes he was charged with, infringes on the fundamental right to procreate, and his "consent" will almost certainly be treated as coerced.