Author Topic: 60-Year-old Imam Follows Muhammad’s Example and Rapes an 8-Year-old Girl in Mosque  (Read 556 times)

rangerrebew

60-Year-old Imam Follows Muhammad’s Example and Rapes an 8-Year-old Girl in Mosque

Posted by sharia unveiled on June 30, 2014

Police arrested the Imam of a local mosque at Jessore’s Jhikargacha Upazila for reportedly raping a second grader.

by, BD News 24 | Halal Pork Shop

SIRAJGANJ, Bangladesh: Abdul Latif, 60, was handed over to police by locals on Friday afternoon after the incident came to light, said Jhikargacha Police Station OC Mosharraf Hossain.

Latif, from Sirajganj, is the Imam of the mosque at Gaburapur village in the Upazila.

Hossain told bdnews24.com the girl was a student of the Shiordah Government Primary School.

A case has been filed over the allegations of rape, he said.

The girl’s father told bdnews24.com his daughter had gone to give the Imam his lunch. Latif tricked her to stay longer and then raped her, he alleged.

After she returned home and told her family about what happened, the locals caught him and then handed him to police, he said.

Family members said the girl was admitted to Jessore Medical College and Hospital Friday evening.

source(‘s): http://bdnews24.com/bangladesh/2014/06/28/imam-arrested-in-jessore-for-raping-minor-girl

http://halalporkshop.blogspot.co.uk/2014/06/imam-arrested-for-raping-eight-year-old.html

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I'd gently like to emphasize the following line:

After she returned home and told her family about what happened, the locals caught him and then handed him to police, he said.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 12:32:32 pm by EC »
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

rangerrebew

I'd gently like to emphasize the following line:

From what I have read, this could become a death sentence for the 8 year old.  Is that wrong, EC?

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
From what I have read, this could become a death sentence for the 8 year old.  Is that wrong, EC?

It's a worry, because yes, it could. For her father too. On the one hand, she can be considered to be defiled and having brought shame on the family and an accusation has been leveled at an Imam.

On the other hand, the locals - plural - heard her and her father out, grabbed the bleep and handed him in. You don't do that if you are going to blame the victim. Bangladeshis tend to be incredibly family oriented - I'm surprised the guy was handed in in one piece. They may be Muslim, but there are a huge number of Hindi and Buddhist cultural influences in the day to day thinking.

I'd guess - and it is only a guess - that this will simply never be referred to again. Not much of a help to her right now, but keeps her breathing and doesn't really impact her future prospects. It's not much, but you take what you can get.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink