Author Topic: Boko Haram Slaughters 100 Christians at Five Nigerian Churches During Sunday Service  (Read 1223 times)

rangerrebew

Boko Haram Slaughters 100 Christians at Five Nigerian Churches During Sunday Service

Posted by Jim Hoft on Sunday, June 29, 2014, 1:00 PM

Boko Haram Islamists slaughtered 100 Christians at five Nigerian churches during Sunday Service this morning.
The Daily Post reported, via Religion of Peace:

Five churches, including COCIN, EYN and Deeper Life Bible Church, in Kwada village about 10 kilometres from Chibok town, were on Sunday attacked by Boko Haram insurgents.

The attackers, according to report from locals in Chibok, targeted the time when worshipers were ready for the Sunday Service.

“They killed and burnt houses after attacking worshipers in five churches in Kwada; after that, they advanced to Kautikari, less than 8 kilometres to Chibok town, whey they equally killed people and destroyed properties.

“I’m not sure security agencies have gone to rescue the villagers, but I learnt that the insurgents are still in pursuit of the remaining villagers”, Mallam Yahi told DailyPost.

It was gathered that residents of Chibok town have also fled their homes, following the news of the attacks in Kwada and Kautikari.

DailyPost recalls that few weeks ago, there was panic in Chibok Local Government Area of Borno State, following a letter purportedly written to them by the sect members.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2014/06/boko-haram-slaughters-100-christians-at-five-nigerian-churches-during-sunday-service/
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 09:29:08 am by rangerrebew »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Evil sods,  they are.  And for once, their religion is not the real driving force behind the murderous acts, though it does give it focus beyond the usual tribal divides. They simply enjoy killing, as gruesomely as possible.

If Nigeria is not careful, they are going to be another Rwanda. That was horrific and totally avoidable and can be blamed solely on the Belgians. I've seen wells stuffed with the dead of entire villages. Crocodiles so stuffed from eating the floating corpses that you could walk right up to them with no risk at all. Remains of fires with human bones that showed distinct signs of carving. Kids nailed to trees and used for machete practice.

All over a division that didn't exist until after WW1.

I do love Central and East Afrique. Have many good friends there, including a sort of daughter and her husband who is a fine son in law. But my God, they get brutal fast. Sometimes I think it's an inbuilt thing.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline olde north church

Evil sods,  they are.  And for once, their religion is not the real driving force behind the murderous acts, though it does give it focus beyond the usual tribal divides. They simply enjoy killing, as gruesomely as possible.

If Nigeria is not careful, they are going to be another Rwanda. That was horrific and totally avoidable and can be blamed solely on the Belgians. I've seen wells stuffed with the dead of entire villages. Crocodiles so stuffed from eating the floating corpses that you could walk right up to them with no risk at all. Remains of fires with human bones that showed distinct signs of carving. Kids nailed to trees and used for machete practice.

All over a division that didn't exist until after WW1.

I do love Central and East Afrique. Have many good friends there, including a sort of daughter and her husband who is a fine son in law. But my God, they get brutal fast. Sometimes I think it's an inbuilt thing.

You see those videos and anybody with half a brain it ain't koranimalization, it's nothing but gangbanging.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

rangerrebew

Muslims in Nigeria Torch Christian Churches, Homes and Slaughter Dozens of Christian Worshippers

Posted by sharia unveiled on June 30, 2014

Nigeria Churches Burnt

by, Associated Press (AP) | The Washington Post | h/t Trop

BAUCHI, Nigeria — Suspected Islamic extremists sprayed gunfire at worshippers and torched four churches Sunday in a village just miles from the town where more than 200 schoolgirls were kidnapped, witnesses said.

At least 30 bodies have been recovered but more are turning up in the bushes, where people tried to escape from Kwada village, said a member of a vigilante group that has had some successes in repelling attacks.

“They killed dozens of people and burned houses after attacking worshippers,” survivor Mallam Yahi told The Associated Press by telephone from Chibok town, to which he escaped.

Some of the church buildings destroyed included the Protestant Church of Christ in Nigeria, the Pentecostal Deeper Life Bible Church and Ekklesiyar Yan’uwa, which is Hausa for Church of the Brethren in Nigeria, Yahi said. The last was started by American missionaries from Illinois in the 1920s.

Yahi said the attackers went on to neighboring Kautikari, where they gunned down villagers and burned down homes. The vigilante said they had not yet reached Kautikari so did not know what the death toll was there.

Police spokesman Gideon Jubrin said he could not confirm the attack because bad communications have kept officials from reaching the nearest security post at Chibok, though Associated Press reporters were able to make cell phone calls to the town. Chibok is the town in northeast Borno state from which more than 200 girls were abducted in April. Officials say 219 girls remain captive. Kwada is 10 kilometers (six miles) and Kautikari seven kilometers (four miles) away.

Nigeria Churches Burnt 1

Angry Chibok residents said soldiers were slow to respond to news of the attack, and the vigilantes said that once they reached Kwada, the soldiers refused to confront the extremists directly, only shooting at them from a distance outside the village. They spoke on condition of anonymity for fear of reprisals from the military.

Boko Haram extremists attacked a military camp in the neighboring local government area of Damboa last week and killed at least 51 soldiers. Survivors said they came in armored personnel carriers mounted with anti-aircraft guns and were armed with rocket launchers and submachine guns much heavier than the soldiers’ AK47 assault rifles. The insurgents abducted many soldiers who remain missing, they said.

Boko Haram extremists are demanding the release of detained fighters in return for the kidnapped girls. Nigeria’s President Goodluck Jonathan has been criticized for the slow reaction to the abductions and failure to swiftly rescue the girls. The United States has drones flying to help locate them and other nations have sent experts to help, but negotiations appear stalled.

Nigeria’s military has said it knows where they are but fears any military campaign could get them killed.

Jonathan on Sunday condemned other recent attacks — Friday’s bombing of a hotel that local reports identified as a brothel in Bauchi state, also in the northeast, and sectarian killings of sedentary farmers who are mainly Christian by alleged Fulani Muslim herders in northern Kaduna state.

Nigeria Churches Burnt 2

“The president commiserates with all the families who lost loved ones in the heinous attacks and extends his heartfelt sympathies to all those who suffered injuries or lost their properties during the wanton assaults on Bauchi and Kaduna States,” said a statement. He promised the attackers would be brought to book.

Jonathan made no mention of the near-daily attacks Boko Haram extremists have been mounting in the area around Chibok, an enclave of mainly Christian people in the majority Muslim north of the country. Bauchi and Kaduna states are governed by Jonathan’s ruling People’s Democratic Party while Borno is held by an opposition governor.

A year-long military state of emergency in three northeastern states, all held by political opponents of Jonathan, has failed to curb the 5-year-old Islamic uprising that has killed thousands of people. The militants have increased the tempo and deadliness of attacks this year, with more than 2,000 people estimated killed compared to 3,600 in all four previous years.

Boko Haram also has increased its theater of operations to bombings in several northern towns and the capital, Abuja, in central Nigeria. Politicians say some attacks in central Nigeria are being mounted by extremists disguised as Fulani herdsmen.

Boko Haram is blamed for last week’s bombing of a shopping mall in Abuja, the capital in central Nigeria, that killed 24 people. Boko Haram claimed two separate bomb attacks at an Abuja bus station in April that killed more than 120 people and wounded about 200.

The extremist want to enforce an Islamic state in Nigeria, Africa’s biggest economy, the continent’s biggest oil producer and its most populous nation of about 170 million people divided almost equally between a majority Muslim north and mainly Christian south.

Faul reported from Lagos, Nigeria Associated Press video journalist Lekan Oyekanmi contributed to this report from Abuja.

source: http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/africa/gunmen-torch-churches-kill-scores-in-nigeria/2014/06/29/038e297a-ff9a-11e3-bcdc-2af6ecb203a9_story.html

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
You see those videos and anybody with half a brain it ain't koranimalization, it's nothing but gangbanging.

Yep. Combining the two seems to make it worse though.

We used to talk about this a lot in the evenings. Anyone can kill, under the right circumstances, that's a given. Humans didn't get to the top of the evolutionary tree by being easy meat for bigger, stronger and more heavily naturally armed predators, and since most of the really nasty predators are in Africa, hair trigger violence would be an advantage at the time.

One of my colleagues at the time was actually a historian - she had some fascinating ideas about the variance between co-operation and violence. She posited that in places where the wildlife is trying to kill you, violence and a pack mentality is prized. In places where the land itself is trying to kill you, co-operation and tolerance is more prized. She's got no rigorous proof of it, but it feels right.

Offline evadR

Why don't these people arm themselves?  Why be a helpless target?
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Why don't these people arm themselves?  Why be a helpless target?

Opportunity and will.

You are not talking wealthy people here. Weapons cost money, and facing a pack of people while armed with a machete is not usually going to turn out too well for the singleton.

The will aspect is more complex. In most of Africa (and a hell of a lot of the ME) there is a fatalistic streak in most people. "If it is God's will, it's God's will." You can replace God with Allah, the Ancestors, Demons - it's all the same.

Oceander

And yet, not a peep out of the progressives/liberals or the so-called "human rights" organizations.  Christians truly are second-class human beings now, at least as far as progressives/liberals and their "human rights" organizations are concerned.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Yep. Combining the two seems to make it worse though.

We used to talk about this a lot in the evenings. Anyone can kill, under the right circumstances, that's a given. Humans didn't get to the top of the evolutionary tree by being easy meat for bigger, stronger and more heavily naturally armed predators, and since most of the really nasty predators are in Africa, hair trigger violence would be an advantage at the time.

One of my colleagues at the time was actually a historian - she had some fascinating ideas about the variance between co-operation and violence. She posited that in places where the wildlife is trying to kill you, violence and a pack mentality is prized. In places where the land itself is trying to kill you, co-operation and tolerance is more prized. She's got no rigorous proof of it, but it feels right.

Interesting hypothesis and something I've never really given any thought to, but it makes sense.  Human history really is quite brutal overall, makes you wonder why God created us this way - with human nature.  I have my own theories on that, but that's for another thread. 

However, civilization is possible.  It's past time for civilized people to work together and wipe this scourge from the earth, lest it come for our own children next.   This stuff has got to be stopped. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
And yet, not a peep out of the progressives/liberals or the so-called "human rights" organizations.  Christians truly are second-class human beings now, at least as far as progressives/liberals and their "human rights" organizations are concerned.

The victims are not photogenic enough. Can't raise guilt money without a really good photo or video.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads

Yep.  Christians are what they fear the most.  When you are around a progressive/liberal, you can see an actual physical change in them when you talk about Christianity, it's almost demonic sometimes. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline evadR

Opportunity and will.

You are not talking wealthy people here. Weapons cost money, and facing a pack of people while armed with a machete is not usually going to turn out too well for the singleton.

The will aspect is more complex. In most of Africa (and a hell of a lot of the ME) there is a fatalistic streak in most people. "If it is God's will, it's God's will." You can replace God with Allah, the Ancestors, Demons - it's all the same.
They should rethink that strategy. I don't think it's God's will that they be randomly hacked to death.

This has always bothered me about this area of the world.

But, as it is with my drug addicted nephew, if you won't help yourself don't look to me for help.

Oceander

The victims are not photogenic enough. Can't raise guilt money without a really good photo or video.

The victims are also Christian, which almost guarantees that you won't raise much money in the West.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Interesting hypothesis and something I've never really given any thought to, but it makes sense.  Human history really is quite brutal overall, makes you wonder why God created us this way - with human nature.  I have my own theories on that, but that's for another thread. 

However, civilization is possible.  It's past time for civilized people to work together and wipe this scourge from the earth, lest it come for our own children next.   This stuff has got to be stopped.

Another of my friends (same mission - he's actually here now as my XO.) would draw comparisons to the two aspects as the basis for the universal idea of angels and demons. Never were convinced by that, but it made for heated debates!  :laugh:

I'd draw a bad analogy, if I may. Enlisted soldiers are trained in the pack mentality. The unit is all and your Sarge is the pack leader that takes no crap from you. The officers are trained to think more long term and co-operatively(and that is the most painful change from enlisted to OCS - the complete mindfluck that change causes). It's a system that works. Badly, people are still people and good officers are like hen's teeth, but it does work.

Gangbangers of whatever stripe - Boko Haram, the Crips, the police - don't have that extra layer. They are loyal to their unit and loyal to their Sarge - who may well be insane.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
They should rethink that strategy. I don't think it's God's will that they be randomly hacked to death.

This has always bothered me about this area of the world.

But, as it is with my drug addicted nephew, if you won't help yourself don't look to me for help.

It is totally baffling.

To give you an example - we caught a few Hutus in the act of slaughtering a village. Sort of ultimate case of the wrong place at the wrong time. The survivors were disarmed and told to sit in the back of the lorry. They did. Not one tried to make a run for it. Only had two people on guard and there were 20 of them - they just simply quit trying. Or take the current pictures of the atrocities in Iraq. See the ratio? About one armed guy for ever 20 prisoners, the captives know damned well they are headed for a bullet in the head and a shallow ditch, and they just accept it!

It's a mindset I can't get me head around.

Offline olde north church

Yep.  Christians are what they fear the most.  When you are around a progressive/liberal, you can see an actual physical change in them when you talk about Christianity, it's almost demonic sometimes.

Why in Sam Hill would anyone fear Christians?  They would rather play the martyr card than to anything else.  It's obvious they don't even seek to protect their own chee-ren.  Chee-ren!
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online mountaineer

Christians choose to play the martyr card. Now there's an interesting take on things.  :thud:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline evadR

Christians choose to play the martyr card. Now there's an interesting take on things.  :thud:
I think it's accurate.