Author Topic: Boko Haram Slaughters 100 Christians at Five Nigerian Churches During Sunday Service  (Read 646 times)

Online rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
« Last Edit: June 30, 2014, 05:29:08 AM by rangerrebew »
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Evil sods,  they are.  And for once, their religion is not the real driving force behind the murderous acts, though it does give it focus beyond the usual tribal divides. They simply enjoy killing, as gruesomely as possible.

If Nigeria is not careful, they are going to be another Rwanda. That was horrific and totally avoidable and can be blamed solely on the Belgians. I've seen wells stuffed with the dead of entire villages. Crocodiles so stuffed from eating the floating corpses that you could walk right up to them with no risk at all. Remains of fires with human bones that showed distinct signs of carving. Kids nailed to trees and used for machete practice.

All over a division that didn't exist until after WW1.

I do love Central and East Afrique. Have many good friends there, including a sort of daughter and her husband who is a fine son in law. But my God, they get brutal fast. Sometimes I think it's an inbuilt thing.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline olde north church

Evil sods,  they are.  And for once, their religion is not the real driving force behind the murderous acts, though it does give it focus beyond the usual tribal divides. They simply enjoy killing, as gruesomely as possible.

If Nigeria is not careful, they are going to be another Rwanda. That was horrific and totally avoidable and can be blamed solely on the Belgians. I've seen wells stuffed with the dead of entire villages. Crocodiles so stuffed from eating the floating corpses that you could walk right up to them with no risk at all. Remains of fires with human bones that showed distinct signs of carving. Kids nailed to trees and used for machete practice.

All over a division that didn't exist until after WW1.

I do love Central and East Afrique. Have many good friends there, including a sort of daughter and her husband who is a fine son in law. But my God, they get brutal fast. Sometimes I think it's an inbuilt thing.

You see those videos and anybody with half a brain it ain't koranimalization, it's nothing but gangbanging.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
You see those videos and anybody with half a brain it ain't koranimalization, it's nothing but gangbanging.

Yep. Combining the two seems to make it worse though.

We used to talk about this a lot in the evenings. Anyone can kill, under the right circumstances, that's a given. Humans didn't get to the top of the evolutionary tree by being easy meat for bigger, stronger and more heavily naturally armed predators, and since most of the really nasty predators are in Africa, hair trigger violence would be an advantage at the time.

One of my colleagues at the time was actually a historian - she had some fascinating ideas about the variance between co-operation and violence. She posited that in places where the wildlife is trying to kill you, violence and a pack mentality is prized. In places where the land itself is trying to kill you, co-operation and tolerance is more prized. She's got no rigorous proof of it, but it feels right.

Offline evadR˛

Why don't these people arm themselves?  Why be a helpless target?
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
And yet, not a peep out of the progressives/liberals or the so-called "human rights" organizations.  Christians truly are second-class human beings now, at least as far as progressives/liberals and their "human rights" organizations are concerned.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Yep. Combining the two seems to make it worse though.

We used to talk about this a lot in the evenings. Anyone can kill, under the right circumstances, that's a given. Humans didn't get to the top of the evolutionary tree by being easy meat for bigger, stronger and more heavily naturally armed predators, and since most of the really nasty predators are in Africa, hair trigger violence would be an advantage at the time.

One of my colleagues at the time was actually a historian - she had some fascinating ideas about the variance between co-operation and violence. She posited that in places where the wildlife is trying to kill you, violence and a pack mentality is prized. In places where the land itself is trying to kill you, co-operation and tolerance is more prized. She's got no rigorous proof of it, but it feels right.

Interesting hypothesis and something I've never really given any thought to, but it makes sense.  Human history really is quite brutal overall, makes you wonder why God created us this way - with human nature.  I have my own theories on that, but that's for another thread. 

However, civilization is possible.  It's past time for civilized people to work together and wipe this scourge from the earth, lest it come for our own children next.   This stuff has got to be stopped. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
And yet, not a peep out of the progressives/liberals or the so-called "human rights" organizations.  Christians truly are second-class human beings now, at least as far as progressives/liberals and their "human rights" organizations are concerned.

The victims are not photogenic enough. Can't raise guilt money without a really good photo or video.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads

Yep.  Christians are what they fear the most.  When you are around a progressive/liberal, you can see an actual physical change in them when you talk about Christianity, it's almost demonic sometimes. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline evadR˛

Opportunity and will.

You are not talking wealthy people here. Weapons cost money, and facing a pack of people while armed with a machete is not usually going to turn out too well for the singleton.

The will aspect is more complex. In most of Africa (and a hell of a lot of the ME) there is a fatalistic streak in most people. "If it is God's will, it's God's will." You can replace God with Allah, the Ancestors, Demons - it's all the same.
They should rethink that strategy. I don't think it's God's will that they be randomly hacked to death.

This has always bothered me about this area of the world.

But, as it is with my drug addicted nephew, if you won't help yourself don't look to me for help.

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
The victims are not photogenic enough. Can't raise guilt money without a really good photo or video.

The victims are also Christian, which almost guarantees that you won't raise much money in the West.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Interesting hypothesis and something I've never really given any thought to, but it makes sense.  Human history really is quite brutal overall, makes you wonder why God created us this way - with human nature.  I have my own theories on that, but that's for another thread. 

However, civilization is possible.  It's past time for civilized people to work together and wipe this scourge from the earth, lest it come for our own children next.   This stuff has got to be stopped.

Another of my friends (same mission - he's actually here now as my XO.) would draw comparisons to the two aspects as the basis for the universal idea of angels and demons. Never were convinced by that, but it made for heated debates!  :laugh:

I'd draw a bad analogy, if I may. Enlisted soldiers are trained in the pack mentality. The unit is all and your Sarge is the pack leader that takes no crap from you. The officers are trained to think more long term and co-operatively(and that is the most painful change from enlisted to OCS - the complete mindfluck that change causes). It's a system that works. Badly, people are still people and good officers are like hen's teeth, but it does work.

Gangbangers of whatever stripe - Boko Haram, the Crips, the police - don't have that extra layer. They are loyal to their unit and loyal to their Sarge - who may well be insane.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

Offline olde north church

Yep.  Christians are what they fear the most.  When you are around a progressive/liberal, you can see an actual physical change in them when you talk about Christianity, it's almost demonic sometimes.

Why in Sam Hill would anyone fear Christians?  They would rather play the martyr card than to anything else.  It's obvious they don't even seek to protect their own chee-ren.  Chee-ren!
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online mountaineer

• Paranoid Hillbilly
Christians choose to play the martyr card. Now there's an interesting take on things.  :thud:
“Hell hath no fury like a vested interest masquerading as a moral principle.” - Ryan T Anderson

Offline evadR˛

Christians choose to play the martyr card. Now there's an interesting take on things.  :thud:
I think it's accurate.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf