Author Topic: Sen. Durbin: Obama Will 'Borrow the Power' to Solve Immigration  (Read 453 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
http://www.cnsnews.com/mrctv-blog/eric-scheiner/sen-durbin-obama-will-borrow-power-solve-immigration

Sen. Durbin: Obama Will 'Borrow the Power' to Solve Immigration
June 30, 2014 - 11:52 AM
By Eric Scheiner

Sen. Dick Durbin (D-Ill.) says President Barack Obama, “will borrow the power that is needed to solve the problems of immigration.”

Durbin made the comments at a press briefing on immigration last Thursday urging House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) to bring an immigration bill onto the floor for a vote.

"I don't know how much more time he thinks he needs, but I hope that Speaker Boehner will speak up today," Durbin said. "And if he does not, the president will borrow the power that is needed to solve the problems of immigration and he shouldn’t be sued as a result of it."

Last week, Boehner announced a planned lawsuit that accuses President Obama of failing to carry out the laws passed by Congress and habitually overstepping his authority.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Re: Sen. Durbin: Obama Will 'Borrow the Power' to Solve Immigration
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 07:23:50 pm »
Not surprising considering Dickie Durban has reneged on his constitutional responsibilities for decades.

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2014, 11:49:38 pm »
In the US the president doesn't get to unilaterally "borrow" power, he either gets it from Congress or the Constitution, or he doesn't get it at all.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 11:51:49 pm »
In the US the president doesn't get to unilaterally "borrow" power, he either gets it from Congress or the Constitution, or he doesn't get it at all.

A mere detail to these lowlifes!

They coud care less about the Constitution OR the law!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 12:48:54 am »
A mere detail to these lowlifes!

They coud care less about the Constitution OR the law!

I know.