Author Topic: The Philosophy of Mormonism-Core Beliefs  (Read 3755 times)

Offline kevindavis007

Re: The Philosophy of Mormonism-Core Beliefs
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2014, 05:24:57 pm »
We are not talking about Islam.  We are talking about bashing Mormons who are American citizens.

I encourage you to take the time to re-read the post I put up on this earlier.  I was very clear about what I had to say, I do not need to repeat it, and I stand by every word I clearly posted then.  It does not need interpretation, substitution, or any caveats of any sort.

Well I was responding to the quote that bashing all religions is not tolerated..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2014, 05:25:55 pm »
We are not talking about Islam.  We are talking about bashing Mormons who are American citizens.

I encourage you to take the time to re-read the post I put up on this earlier.  I was very clear about what I had to say, I do not need to repeat it, and I stand by every word I clearly posted then.  It does not need interpretation, substitution, or any caveats of any sort.

I'll see where this is going and if I see one post defaming Mormonism or any other religion it will be locked......and I agree...I may take the whole topic down.....

Offline aligncare

« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2014, 05:30:36 pm »
And now for a word of warning.

The reason I got canned over at that other site 2 years ago, is because I refused to stand by and allow the open Mormon hating that erupted over there and still goes on to this day.  It was extreme, personally nasty and not only tolerated but encouraged and protected by the staff.

I live in a community that has a large Mormon population and we have a Mormon tabernacle down the street.  These people are my friends and neighbors, and more importantly, fellow native born American citizens just like me.  Many of these people can trace their heritage directly back to the original Mormons who made the trek West on the Oregon trail.  Many have direct relatives who were born on the way.  You do not get any more American than that.

One of the founding principles of the Country is the freedom of religious choice.  We are founded to be a tolerant society that allows people the peaceful worship of their choice.  We do not have an official religion in the United States, and being a safe harbor for free religious practice is a rock bottom founding principle of the Nation.  Religious tolerance means that we do not mock the basic religious tenants of anyone's belief no matter how much you disagree with their views, or how far from your religious views they have strayed, at least in your opinion.

These kind of postings eventually generate ever increasing numbers of hostile and outright threatening comments.  There is always a tendency to play "top this" in the comments section of postings like this, and when things deteriorated at TOS to the point of openly discussion of "the Mormon question", I had enough and started striking back until I was finally banned.  I decided to go down in flames of frickin' glory over this issue and that is exactly what I did.  In fact, you can still go over there and do a keyword search on certain words and up will pop a whole bunch of Mormophobic rants with a large number of descriptive key words assigned. 

My legacy there continues, but I have no desire to do another hair-on-fire exit from the intarwebs over this subject all over again.  I advise everyone to think hard about what you want to say, and be very careful about making this subject the trend du jour here.  I ain't no Mod nor will I ever be, but that does not mean I will sit idly by and watch while a small crew takes this site down the tubes. 

I warn you now I will not tolerate it, and I will do everything I can to disrupt any Mormophobic hateful conversations that get going here at TBR.  Mods be warned, I will bitch about every single sentence and report every post until the offending thread is locked and removed.

I'm not pointing any fingers, nor am I targeting any postings in particular....at least not yet.  The guilty know who they are and will be wise to heed a presently friendly warning.  Let's just not go there.

That is all.

Excellent, excellent, excellent!   :patriot:

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2014, 05:36:52 pm »

The reason I got canned over at that other site 2 years ago, is because I refused to stand by and allow the open Mormon hating that erupted over there and still goes on to this day.  It was extreme, personally nasty and not only tolerated but encouraged and protected by the staff.

I live in a community that has a large Mormon population and we have a Mormon tabernacle down the street.  These people are my friends and neighbors, and more importantly, fellow native born American citizens just like me.  Many of these people can trace their heritage directly back to the original Mormons who made the trek West on the Oregon trail.  Many have direct relatives who were born on the way.  You do not get any more American than that.

One of the founding principles of the Country is the freedom of religious choice.  We are founded to be a tolerant society that allows people the peaceful worship of their choice.  We do not have an official religion in the United States, and being a safe harbor for free religious practice is a rock bottom founding principle of the Nation.  Religious tolerance means that we do not mock the basic religious tenants of anyone's belief no matter how much you disagree with their views, or how far from your religious views they have strayed, at least in your opinion.

These kind of postings eventually generate ever increasing numbers of hostile and outright threatening comments.  There is always a tendency to play "top this" in the comments section of postings like this, and when things deteriorated at TOS to the point of openly discussion of "the Mormon question", I had enough and started striking back until I was finally banned.  I decided to go down in flames of frickin' glory over this issue and that is exactly what I did.  In fact, you can still go over there and do a keyword search on certain words and up will pop a whole bunch of Mormophobic rants with a large number of descriptive key words assigned. 

My legacy there continues, but I have no desire to do another hair-on-fire exit from the intarwebs over this subject all over again.  I advise everyone to think hard about what you want to say, and be very careful about making this subject the trend du jour here.  I ain't no Mod nor will I ever be, but that does not mean I will sit idly by and watch while a small crew takes this site down the tubes. 

I warn you now I will not tolerate it, and I will do everything I can to disrupt any Mormophobic hateful conversations that get going here at TBR.  Mods be warned, I will bitch about every single sentence and report every post until the offending thread is locked and removed.

I'm not pointing any fingers, nor am I targeting any postings in particular....at least not yet.  The guilty know who they are and will be wise to heed a presently friendly warning.  Let's just not go there.

That is all.

:amen:

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2014, 01:33:21 am »

That is all.

Gonna get an  :amen:   from me as well. I canceled my membership at the other place because of them condoning the Mormon bashing going on, and threatening me when I would voice my opposition to the bigotry.    If someone is going to take a stance of protecting and defending the constitution, then they better damn well not be picky and choosey what parts of the constitution they think sacred. Freedom to  worship in ones own way is one of the most cherished of our freedoms. All Mormons I have met have been good, honest, hard working people that make trusted neighbors, good friends, and I like the way they vote. 
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2014, 04:08:18 am »
Gonna get an  :amen:   from me as well. I canceled my membership at the other place because of them condoning the Mormon bashing going on, and threatening me when I would voice my opposition to the bigotry.    If someone is going to take a stance of protecting and defending the constitution, then they better damn well not be picky and choosey what parts of the constitution they think sacred. Freedom to  worship in ones own way is one of the most cherished of our freedoms. All Mormons I have met have been good, honest, hard working people that make trusted neighbors, good friends, and I like the way they vote.

Well, they tend to support their own as opposed to vote ideology.  Harry Reid, for example.  I do agree that they are stand-up citizens and neighbors.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2014, 12:59:40 pm »

One of the thing that I like about the Church of the LDS is that it is one the first major religions founded in America.