Author Topic: 'Unfortunately there's a genetic component to addiction': Former drug-abuser Robert Downey Jr speaks out following 20-year-old son Indio's arrest for cocaine possession  (Read 530 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2675035/Robert-Downey-Jrs-son-Indio-arrested-cocaine-possession.html

The 20-year-old was riding in a car Sunday afternoon that was pulled over by Los Angeles police
An L.A. County Sheriff's deputy conducted a search of the vehicle and found Indio with cocaine
The Iron Man star's son was arrested, and later released on $10,000 bail
Robert Downey Jr also struggled with substance abuse, and was jailed in 1999 after missing a required drug test

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I watched Downey celebrate one year of sobriety, during summer 2000. But he later relapsed, again getting sober and remaining so in 2003.

Sunday I was with my nephew, who was celebrating his college graduation. He recently broke his hand very seriously, while drunk.

I reminded him alcoholism runs in our family. He responded, he knows. On both sides, as a matter of fact.

The best thing I can do is NOT preach or campaign. Rather I can say if he ever needs to just talk about it, I'm ready and willing.

I would repeat how I broke my hand while drinking, at age of only 17. We both share the scars on the same hand; boxer's knuckles. I hit a guy in the head, my nephew hit a table.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln