Author Topic: The left gears up for Megyn Kelley's interview with Bill Ayers Monday  (Read 346 times)

rangerrebew

June 29, 2014

The left gears up for Megyn Kelley's interview with Bill Ayers Monday

By Karin McQuillan

I watched The Five discuss the preview of Megyn Kelly’s upcoming Bill Ayers interview.  Bob Beckel is still claiming that Obama didn’t know Ayers – “met him once” – and the other four supposedly conservative journalists had nothing to contradict him with!  Every reader of AT knows that Ayers and Obama worked together  - that Ayers hired Obama for the biggest job of his life before becoming President – handing out $100 million dollars of the Annenberg Challenge grants to radical causes, instead of using it to help Chicago’s schoolchildren.

Here is a preview of the interview from Fox:

Stanley Kurtz at the Wall St. Journal:

Despite having authored two autobiographies, Barack Obama has never written about his most important executive experience. From 1995 to 1999, he led an education foundation called the Chicago Annenberg Challenge (CAC), and remained on the board until 2001. The group poured more than $100 million into the hands of community organizers and radical education activists.

The CAC was the brainchild of Bill Ayers, a founder of the Weather Underground in the 1960s. Among other feats, Mr. Ayers and his cohorts bombed the Pentagon, and he has never expressed regret for his actions. Barack Obama's first run for the Illinois State Senate was launched at a 1995 gathering at Mr. Ayers's home.

The Obama campaign has struggled to downplay that association. Last April, Sen. Obama dismissed Mr. Ayers as just "a guy who lives in my neighborhood," and "not somebody who I exchange ideas with on a regular basis." Yet documents in the CAC archives make clear that Mr. Ayers and Mr. Obama were partners in the CAC. Those archives are housed in the Richard J. Daley Library at the University of Illinois at Chicago and I've recently spent days looking through them.

The Chicago Annenberg Challenge was created ostensibly to improve Chicago's public schools. The funding came from a national education initiative by Ambassador Walter Annenberg. In early 1995, Mr. Obama was appointed the first chairman of the board, which handled fiscal matters. Mr. Ayers co-chaired the foundation's other key body, the "Collaborative," which shaped education policy.

Karin McQuillan at AT:

Barack Obama had the biggest opportunity of his life, before ascending to the Oval office, to show his caring heart when he was hired to co-chair the Chicago Annenberg Challenge, meant to improve education for Chicago's children in the public school system.  Obama was given control of nearly 100 million dollars to help children struggling to learn the reading and math skills they'd need to get jobs and make lives for themselves.

His co-chair, and the man who hired him in 1995, was unrepentant terrorist Bill Ayers.  This is the same Bill Ayers who Obama told Hillary Clinton in their 2008 primary "was a guy who lives in my neighborhood...not somebody who I exchange ideas from" (sic).  Bill Ayers launched Obama's campaign for state senator in his house that same year, 1995.

For Obama, charity clearly began by helping himself.  Instead of giving the money to improve reading and math skills, Barack Obama and Ayers gave the 100 million dollars to left-wing causes and groups useful to Obama's political campaign.  ACORN was a major beneficiary.  So was the Developing Communities Project, run by Greg Galuzzo, Obama's first boss, who trained directly under Saul Alinksy.  Ayers's "small schools movement" was funded.

... individual schools built around specific political themes push students to "confront issues of inequity, war, and violence." ... The point, says Mr. Ayers ... is to "teach against oppression," against America's history of evil and racism, thereby forcing social transformation.

Obama's and Ayers's performance in helping poor schoolchildren with Mr. Annenberg's $100 million was measured.  The schoolchildren they were supposed to help showed zero improvement.  The Chicago School Superintendent blasted Obama for completely wasting the money.  He accused Obama of working to undermine his own successful efforts to improve public education.

“There was a total lack of accountability. If you went back and asked, you'd be hard-pressed to find out how the money was spent.  Very little of the money found its way directly into the classroom.”

The entire episode foreshadows Obama's use of the stimulus money as president, which was directed to reward his liberal backers, through grants to maintain bloated state benefits for government union workers and nonexistent green jobs, and did nothing to help the tens of millions of suffering people out of work.  Once again, the money meant to help others was used by Obama to augment his political power.

Warren Beatty on AT:

MSNBC host Chris Matthews, in 2008, asked Robert Gibbs, a spokesman for Obama's presidential campaign: "Did [Ayers] have a fundraiser for [Obama], or not?"  Gibbs responded: "No, he did not have a fundraiser for our candidate as he [Ayers] said ten seconds ago."

But (and there's always a "but" when Obama is involved), in an interview in April 2013 with the Daily Beast, Ayers said (emphasis mine):

“We were friendly, that was true; we served on a couple of boards together, that was true; he held a fundraiser in our living room, that was true; Michelle [Obama] and Bernardine [Dohrn] were at the law firm together, that was true. Hyde Park in Chicago is a tiny neighborhood, so when he said I was 'a guy around the neighborhood,' that was true.  Today, I wish I knew him better and he was listening to me.  Obama's not a radical.  I wish he were, but he's not.”

Jack Cashill’s many articles making the case that Ayers wrote Dreams From My Father:  here and here and here and here and here and …

Ed Lasky’s many articles, including this one predicting an Obama Ayer’s-style radical assault on education (think Common Core) and another with the prophetic 2008 quote of Powerline’s John Hinderaker:

Regarding the Obama campaign's demands for a DoJ investigation of the 527 group ads criticizing his long association with Ayers, John Hinderaker at Powerline asks:

Obama's suggestion that it is illegal for a 501(c)(4) entity to fund issue ads that are negative toward him appears ludicrous. Here's the real question, though: if Obama is elected President, will he appoint an Attorney General who will carry out politically-motivated prosecutions like the one he is now demanding? I suppose we can't know for sure, but why wouldn't he? If he demands criminal prosecution of free speech that opposes his political interests when he's a candidate, why wouldn't he order it as President?

Page Printed from: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2014/06/the_left_gears_up_for_megyn_kelleys_interview_with_bill_ayers_monday.html at June 29, 2014 - 09:55:17 AM CDT