Author Topic: MORE PC BS: Now Naming Our Military Helicopters ‘Apache’, ‘Blackhawk’, Is ‘Injustice’  (Read 557 times)

rangerrebew

MORE PC BS: Now Naming Our Military Helicopters ‘Apache’, ‘Blackhawk’, Is ‘Injustice’

Posted on June 29, 2014

I doubt the writers of Saturday Night Live, with their imaginative pens, could script the non-sense that regularly tumbles from the whirring tin-brain of the freakish Liberals.  Here my dear Clashers, is the latest politically correct brain fart installment from the lunatic Left.  I wonder when these wizards are going to commence re-naming states and cities named after Native Americans?  Check it out …

The Apache, Black Hawk, Comanche, Cheyenne, Chinook, Kiowa, and Lakota.

To the managing editor of the Boston Review, Simon Waxman, the use of Native American tribe names for military helicopters is a shameful injustice, perpetrated by the American government. Say what?

Cashing in on the loud opposition to the Washington Redskins’ team name, Waxman wrote an editorial for the Washington Post in which he argues that the government is essentially shoving the unjust conquering of Native Americans right back in their faces.

It is worse than denial; it is propaganda. The message carried by the word Apache emblazoned on one of history’s great fighting machines is that the Americans overcame an opponent so powerful and true that we are proud to adopt its name. They tested our mettle, and we proved stronger, so don’t mess with us.

In whatever measure it is tribute to the dead, it is in greater measure a boost to our national sense of superiority. And this message of superiority is shared not just with U.S. citizens but with those of the 14 nations whose governments buy the Apache helicopters we sell. It is shared, too, with those who hear the whir of an Apache overhead or find its guns trained on them.

Read more: IJ Review

Read more at http://clashdaily.com/2014/06/pc-bs-now-naming-military-helicopters-apache-blackhawk-injustice/#AgW3ASDtF3kskg2l.99

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
I dunno....I think Sitting Bull himself would have really appreciated the ability to hunt buffalo from the air.....especially with a .30 caliber chain gun and a spread of Hellfire missiles.  Seems to me we're honoring an ancient native American tradition.....

:patriot:

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
I'm sick of this attempt to whitewash Natives completely out of our culture.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
I'm sick of this attempt to whitewash Natives completely out of our culture.

And this is all being orchestrated by a very small cadre of malcontents who would complain if you hung them with new rope, who purport to speak for all of their very narrow special interest group.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2014, 07:12:27 pm by Chieftain »

rangerrebew

And this is all being orchestrated by a very small cadre of malcontents who would complain if you hung them with new rope, who purport to speak for all of their very narrow special interest group.

This was essentially true of the Nazis, too.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Americans. Always finding something to be offended by.

We had to stop stamping our returned defective munitions US because someone got a hair up their ass about it once.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink