Author Topic: 1,000 U.S. Marines headed to Persian Gulf  (Read 755 times)

rangerrebew

1,000 U.S. Marines headed to Persian Gulf
« on: June 28, 2014, 12:59:01 pm »
June 27th, 2014

08:39 PM ET

1,000 U.S. Marines headed to Persian Gulf

More Americans are heading to the Persian Gulf.

CNN's Barbara Starr reports the USS Bataan is headed to the region with 1,000 marines on board.

A U.S. official also confirms that armed American drones are now flying over Baghdad.

Is this mission creep?

OutFront, CNN military analyst Lt. Colonel Rick Francona and retired U.S. Army Colonel Doug Macgregor who was a tank commander in the first Gulf War.

http://outfront.blogs.cnn.com/2014/06/27/1000-u-s-marines-headed-to-persian-gulf/
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 01:00:08 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Re: 1,000 U.S. Marines headed to Persian Gulf
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 05:25:55 pm »
Good, cause we're pulling out by Thursday and you guys are on your own.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

rangerrebew

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 07:31:02 pm »
Good, cause we're pulling out by Thursday and you guys are on your own.

What, you don't want to get caught in the never ending muslim civil war?  Come on, EC, the Queen needs you. :silly:

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 07:37:11 pm »
One ship with Marines aboard does not an invasion make.  More likely these guys are on alert to assist with the evacuation of Americans from the area when that time comes, and it is coming fast.  The defense of Baghdad is very much in question and since Obama will not defend it, when things begin to come apart at the seams Obama will evacuate and leave the fighting to the Iraqis.

:smokin: 

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2014, 08:22:37 pm »
What, you don't want to get caught in the never ending muslim civil war?  Come on, EC, the Queen needs you. :silly:

:tongue2:

Her Majesty has had 32 years from me, give or take a month or so. I am quite certain she has other people to get their asses shot off in her name.  :whistle:

Joking aside, the blunt truth is I am too old. Too slow. Reflexes are as fine as ever, but responses - well, they are no longer good. Your reflexes can say "move your bleep arm" all they want, but your arm only moves as fast as the various bits of damage over the years lets it. I'm a liability to the team. It's a hard thing to accept after all this time, but it is what it is. My request for retirement (subject to need - I'll probably spend a couple years training and lecturing) was accepted two days ago, so I will be here only to deal with the odd loose end. Got one hell of a replacement squad leader. He's American, originally. Guy can't fly a paper airplane, but he's got all the right instincts. We've worked together on and off since December 2001, so I feel comfortable handing off the pips to him.

Shit, that were somber. Respond with a joke or something.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

rangerrebew

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2014, 01:28:43 pm »

Shit, that were somber. Respond with a joke or something.

A joke or something.  How's that!  Or try this: did you know Drs. found Hillary has a brain tumor?  Yes, they were doing a routine colonoscopy when they discovered it.