Author Topic: Thad Cochran wins GOP nomination in Mississippi  (Read 5726 times)

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Thad Cochran wins GOP nomination in Mississippi
« Reply #100 on: June 27, 2014, 01:41:28 am »
What is there to justifiably worry about?

Your life, quality of life, lives of family and friends, are what counts.

OK, I will address this.

Growing up, I dreamed of being a meteorologist. I went to school, got the degree, had good (admittedly not great) grades. Then the recession hit, just as I was graduating. I found myself getting totally ignored by the companies I wanted to work for, while those who were hired for the jobs were blonde bimbos with no credentials for the jobs. I had no way of getting into the field I had gambled thousands of dollars on being able to get into and was faced with either joining the military or giving up altogether. I've spent the last six years working the same job I had in high school.

Dating has been a nightmare. Every woman I have ever asked has turned me down. The last one said she would rather be single the rest of her life and saw nothing wrong with that picture; it's a scenario I see far too often in the women of modern society. Meanwhile I hear the gay lobby declaring marriage some "universal right" and forcing people no different from myself to kowtow to their demands against our conscience.

The government is taxing me for being in good health (admittedly one of my greatest blessings and one I never take for granted) and paying for what health needs I do have out of pocket instead of paying into an insurance pool I will not use.

The decline of western civilization is having a profound impact on my life. The basic things like a family and a decent middle-class career are vanishing before my eyes. That's why I am disgusted.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 01:52:17 am by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Oceander

« Reply #101 on: June 27, 2014, 01:56:15 am »
OK, I will address this.

Growing up, I dreamed of being a meteorologist. I went to school, got the degree, had good (admittedly not great) grades. Then the recession hit, just as I was graduating. I found myself getting totally ignored by the companies I wanted to work for, while those who were hired for the jobs were blonde bimbos with no credentials for the jobs. I had no way of getting into the field I had gambled thousands of dollars on being able to get into and was faced with either joining the military or giving up altogether. I've spent the last six years working the same job I had in high school.

Dating has been a nightmare. Every woman I have ever asked has turned me down. The last one said she would rather be single the rest of her life and saw nothing wrong with that picture; it's a scenario I see far too often in the women of modern society. Meanwhile I hear the gay lobby declaring marriage some "universal right" and forcing people no different from myself to kowtow to their demands against our conscience.

The government is taxing me for being in good health (admittedly one of my greatest blessings and one I never take for granted) and paying for what health needs I do have out of pocket instead of paying into an insurance pool I will not use.

The decline of western civilization is having a profound impact on my life. The basic things like a family and a decent middle-class career are vanishing before my eyes. That's why I am disgusted.

Viz. dating:  it sucks for most of us.  Try speed dating; it's a lot of fun, there's a lot less pressure, and you know that all the women are there for the same reason you are.  I'm not being flip; it's how I met my wife.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #102 on: June 27, 2014, 02:30:11 am »
OK, I will address this.

Sometimes, you have to take a leap of faith. I was in a similar place, a quarter of a century ago - career going nowhere, just horribly miserable in the place I was (NYC), dating lots of women... to be honest... but they were uniformly empty, neurotic and obsessively controlling (NYC, again). I was having panic attacks and abusing multiple substances and it finally drove me in desperation to pack up a suitcase, abandon my apartment and move to a new city with nothing and I mean nothing to my name but what was in the single, beaten-up Samsonite I lugged off an Amtrak train at South Station, Boston. 

I crashed at my sister's place, depressed, jobless and without prospects. I dried out. Two weeks later, I met the woman who would be my wife. 25 years ago, this October. I worked temp jobs and odd shifts until I got my foot in the door at John Hancock. A leap of faith, rewarded.

Best of luck, and keep your chin up.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 02:35:22 am by andy58-in-nh »
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #103 on: June 27, 2014, 10:05:25 am »
OK, I will address this.

I truly feel for you brother.  I'm working harder than I ever have just to tread water.  You've got some legitimate grievances but then so do those blonde bimbos and gays.  Even people who get their subsistence welfare from the government like social security, disability, unemployment, veteran benefits, tax sheltered solar businesses, military contractors,  subsidized farmers, schools and teachers, government employees, parents, and home owners.  Can anyone say they are NOT receiving some benefit from the tax payers.  I can't.  I get a substantial taxcut through the earned income tax credit just because I had 3 children and raised 2 more.  What's more I think I would be a fool not to take it.

Just like the guy who milked unemployment till it ran out and then disability.  He thinks he'd be a fool not to take it.  and the rich widower who receives a SS check because she paid into it for 40 years.  and the waitress on foodstamps. and the volunteer who lost his arm in Iraq.  and the eco-nut who really believes his free solar panels will save the planet (the power is yours) and the drug dealing, prostitute single baby mamma of 3 different daddies with 5 Obamaphones.  Not everyone agree that any of these people deserves a handup, but those who get a handout all agree they deserve it.

"I want to thank the United States of America, and the situation — the way things are set up," said Greenslate.
http://foxnewsinsider.com/2014/03/13/welfare-surfers-saga-continues-lobster-eating-food-stamps-recipient-refuses-hannitys-help

We have all become entangled at the teats of government largess
http://watchdogwire.com/florida/2012/07/06/government-largess-opiate-people/

At the same time, we are all taxed on our purchases of food, clothes, entertainment, gas and power, and homes.  I can pretty much list anything that I can buy and it's taxed.  and not just that...its taxes upon taxes we all pay. 

If I buy a product, I am really paying the federal, state and local taxes of the people who made, transported or sold the product built into the purchase price...from the lowliest worker to the CEO of the company.  This is because if business didn't have to pay the taxes then business wouldn't have to charge as much.  And if the employees didn't have to pay taxes then the business wouldn't have to pay it's employee's as much.   I am also paying for the import taxes on the raw materials used to make it and the energy used to build it, and for the federal, state, and local taxes on the people who mined the coal that generates the energy, and the taxes on the truck used to ship the product to store, and the people who made the truck, and the store property taxes...and so the cycle goes on and on.  The great thing for government is the higher the taxes drive up the cost for the product the more money they collect in my taxes. 

We all have some legitimate grievances, although I wouldn't want to be the one to defend the lobster eating welfare surfer.  Most of us don't like the way government is being run.  Many of us believe in smaller government in theory, but in practice all the government money that should be going to us is going to others who don't deserve it.

And I'm not happy about the way our society is headed either.   :beer:  Hang in there

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #104 on: June 27, 2014, 07:52:17 pm »
I had no way of getting into the field I had gambled thousands of dollars on being able to get into and was faced with either joining the military or giving up altogether. I've spent the last six years working the same job I had in high school.

Dating has been a nightmare. Every woman I have ever asked has turned me down.

Try taking some actions like joining the military, moving where the jobs are, moving where the women are, etc.

Go west, young man. Take risks. Get out of your comfort zone. Quit claiming victimhood, when not doing the very things which could relieve your disgust.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Saundra Duffy

• For victory & freedom!!!
    • SOS Salt Lake City
« Reply #105 on: June 27, 2014, 09:10:53 pm »
I just contributed to Chris McDaniel campaign - to support their effort to uncover the corruption in Tuesday's vote.  If they can find - and I'm sure they can - a certain amount of fraudulent votes (i.e., from democrats who voted in their primary and then voted in the GOP primary) then maybe just maybe McDaniel can still win.  Pray!!!  And pray hard!!! :amen:
For victory & Freedom!!!

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #106 on: June 28, 2014, 12:09:44 pm »
Try taking some actions like joining the military, moving where the jobs are, moving where the women are, etc.

Go west, young man. Take risks. Get out of your comfort zone. Quit claiming victimhood, when not doing the very things which could relieve your disgust.
You think I haven't? Look, it's easy to talk about "moving where the jobs are" when there are actually jobs to be had (and believe me, out west is was one of the first places I looked, I looked in every nook and cranny I could find and there weren't even any openings). In my field, you HAVE to go where the jobs are. Going to where the women are doesn't help one bit when the women won't give you a chance anyway—besides, Washington DC is probably the city with the highest woman-to-man ratio and if you want to talk about corrupt culture, that's the first city to look. On top of that, where the working-class jobs are and where the women are seem to be mutually exclusive: the military is about as sure of a job as you can get but is 90% male. North Dakota's oil fields have plenty of jobs but a shortage of women.

As for the military, I would rather stay where I am than join the armed forces. I had teachers with military background and they went out of their way to make my life miserable.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #107 on: June 28, 2014, 12:32:25 pm »
I might add—and I'm sorry for derailing the thread—that my situation isn't as much in the mire as it was a few years back. I'm at the point where I could pick up and go at any point, which was something that wasn't the case when I was getting out of college with student loan debt to pay off. Sometimes being cheap helps.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #108 on: June 28, 2014, 03:09:29 pm »
Myrle - get networking.

One of the handy things about associating with groups (think church, gyms, sports clubs, military - we touched on that in the Cheney  thread, fraternities and friendly societies, even AA) is that you hear about jobs and opportunities before everyone else and you usually have an advocate for being hired. The old saying "It's not what you know, but who you know" is as true for burger flipping as it is for stock brokers and high finance.

Those men and women you meet - every last one of them has sisters, daughters, cousins of the female persuasion and they all love to play matchmaker. (Church get together especially - Lord knows why!). It's a twofer.

I read most of your posts and am pretty good at reading between the lines by now. You don't just want a job in whatever your field is (I honestly have no idea). You want a chance to shine. Kick the jobs ass, take it's name and be the best of the best.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #109 on: June 28, 2014, 08:35:45 pm »
Myrle - get networking.

One of the handy things about associating with groups (think church, gyms, sports clubs, military - we touched on that in the Cheney  thread, fraternities and friendly societies, even AA) is that you hear about jobs and opportunities before everyone else and you usually have an advocate for being hired. The old saying "It's not what you know, but who you know" is as true for burger flipping as it is for stock brokers and high finance.

Those men and women you meet - every last one of them has sisters, daughters, cousins of the female persuasion and they all love to play matchmaker. (Church get together especially - Lord knows why!). It's a twofer.

I read most of your posts and am pretty good at reading between the lines by now. You don't just want a job in whatever your field is (I honestly have no idea). You want a chance to shine. Kick the jobs ass, take it's name and be the best of the best.
I'm going to continue this convo in the Members Only thread tonight, but the point I'm trying to make here (to get back on track) is this: it may seem sometimes that the actions of those in Washington, the actions of others in this country, don't really matter in our everyday lives. It's tempting to think that way. Yet these things do matter, from our rights and abilities to do the things we want to do, live the lives we all as human beings deserve to live, to our ability to make a living.

That's why it is important to use the power we have as American citizens to vote for the candidates who will best defend those rights and, especially as of late, vote against those who use the office for the wrong reasons. Lately it seems that the majority of those who are voting in these Senate elections are falling prey to faulty logic, dirty and deceptive politics and general ignorance, which is allowing a class of Senators who helped create many of the messes we have (or at least are too timid to use what power they have to get them overturned) to escape. The likes of Paul, Cruz, Lee, and other Senate candidates simply aren't making it through the system. With the Senate being the crucial chamber in play this year, that is very discouraging.