Author Topic: Amy Adams gives first-class airline seat to soldier, sits in coach, passenger says  (Read 281 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator

Support the USO

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
    • Auktion Online
I have loved Amy Adams work since her debut in a little movie called "Junebug" (if you haven't seen that movie, rent it tonight).  Now to discover she has as much class off the screen as on, that's a very pleasant surprise.  My favorite actors and actresses usually disappoint me with their politics.
"She only coughs when she lies."

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
Very few others in Hollyweird, or any liberal, would be as generous.  We went to see our son's ship return from Iraq (incidentally, it now headed back to the Persian Gulf with a 1,000 Marines).  On the flight home, I told a flight attendant the situation and she upgraded him to first class and she made an announcement about it.  The people on the flight gave him a big round of applause as he went to the front of the plane.  It was a heartwarming experience.  Sometimes, there are still random acts of kindness around. :patriot:
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Class - it always shows.

And Ms. Adams didn't blow her own trumpet here, she just did it. Class redux.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf