Author Topic: Chris McDaniel aide slams GOP over apparent suicide  (Read 439 times)

Online truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
    • The place where argument addicts can go
Chris McDaniel aide slams GOP over apparent suicide
« on: June 28, 2014, 12:20:53 AM »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sinkspur

Re: Chris McDaniel aide slams GOP over apparent suicide
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 12:56:57 AM »
So, McDaniel's people blame Cochran for a man, charged with a crime, taking his own life.

Public opinion is on your side, and you're throwing it away with such a ridiculous charge.

Cochran's tactics were pretty sorry.  McDaniel's are brain dead.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Carling

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 03:09:20 AM »
This entire thing is a no-win for any of the GOP warring factions.  Which side is going to blame a suicide on the other side?

Move along.  That's the dumbest political strategy I've seen in years.   :whistle:
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

SPQR

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 03:29:47 AM »
When I heard this story I thought that it was some joke. Who kills themselves over a loss of an election. Learn from the loss.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 03:39:16 AM by Trigger »

Offline Once-Ler

• How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Trump
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2014, 03:40:46 AM »
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 03:47:05 AM by Once-Ler »
"Racism is evil. And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans."  -  President Donald J Trump

Does anybody really want to throw out good, educated and accomplished young people who have jobs, some serving in the military? Really!.....
...They have been in our country for many years through no fault of their own - brought in by parents at young age. Plus BIG border security
       Donald J. Trump@realDonaldTrump 5:35 AM - Sep 14, 2017

SPQR

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2014, 03:49:13 AM »
If you are whacked in the face and fall down dust yourself off and continue.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 04:17:33 AM by Trigger »

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
    • Auktion Online
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2014, 05:04:45 AM »
Generally, when someone commits suicide it has very little to do with the object or person cited as the cause.  Suicide being a self-inflicted, deliberate act, the cause must nearly always be assumed to be the person who commits it.  Yes, there are many injustices in this world.  Very few of them justify a person taking his own life.

I have seen firsthand the guilt in the aftermath of a suicide, and how that guilt can go on to ruin the lives of the innocent.  It is a big mistake to stoke that fire.

Based on the limited amount of information in the story, it does seem like overkill to charge the guy with a felony, but he owns the decision to take his life over it, not those who are prosecuting him, however misguided they may be.

In the end, this is a tragic footnote to a tragic political story. 
"She only coughs when she lies."

SPQR

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2014, 05:47:01 AM »
Generally, when someone commits suicide it has very little to do with the object or person cited as the cause.  Suicide being a self-inflicted, deliberate act, the cause must nearly always be assumed to be the person who commits it.  Yes, there are many injustices in this world.  Very few of them justify a person taking his own life.

I have seen firsthand the guilt in the aftermath of a suicide, and how that guilt can go on to ruin the lives of the innocent.  It is a big mistake to stoke that fire.

Based on the limited amount of information in the story, it does seem like overkill to charge the guy with a felony, but he owns the decision to take his life over it, not those who are prosecuting him, however misguided they may be.

In the end, this is a tragic footnote to a tragic political story.

I believe that killing oneself is an unpardonable sin in and he should of sought out professional help before doing this.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 05:51:48 AM by Trigger »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf