Author Topic: Chris McDaniel aide slams GOP over apparent suicide  (Read 697 times)

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Chris McDaniel aide slams GOP over apparent suicide
« on: June 28, 2014, 04:20:53 am »
Chris McDaniel aide slams GOP over apparent suicide

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/06/mark-mayfield-chris-mcdaniel-aide-108395.html#ixzz35u5oIC8W

By JAMES HOHMANN | 6/27/14 3:17 PM EDT  Updated: 6/27/14 6:16 PM EDT

State Sen. Chris McDaniel’s policy director lashed out at the GOP establishment Friday over the apparent suicide of a supporter charged with felony conspiracy related to pictures taken of Sen. Thad Cochran’s wife.

“A good man is gone today [because] of a campaign to destroy lives,” Keith Plunkett, a Mississippi GOP operative, tweeted. “To all ‘so called’ Republican leaders who joined lockstep: I WILL NOT REST!”

Plunkett deleted the post after others on Twitter responded negatively and accused him of using a tragedy for political gain.

McDaniel lost Tuesday’s runoff in the Mississippi Senate race to Cochran but has not conceded and is mulli
ing a legal challenge. He issued a statement Friday afternoon offering condolences to the family of Mark Mayfield, a local tea party leader whose wife found him dead in their garage around 9 a.m.

snip
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

McDaniel's side opened the door to really dirty politics, with the photo of Cochran's wife.

The comments are not very favorable towards the Tea Party side.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sinkspur

Re: Chris McDaniel aide slams GOP over apparent suicide
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2014, 04:56:57 am »
So, McDaniel's people blame Cochran for a man, charged with a crime, taking his own life.

Public opinion is on your side, and you're throwing it away with such a ridiculous charge.

Cochran's tactics were pretty sorry.  McDaniel's are brain dead.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Carling

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2014, 07:09:20 am »
This entire thing is a no-win for any of the GOP warring factions.  Which side is going to blame a suicide on the other side?

Move along.  That's the dumbest political strategy I've seen in years.   :whistle:
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

SPQR

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 07:29:47 am »
When I heard this story I thought that it was some joke. Who kills themselves over a loss of an election. Learn from the loss.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 07:39:16 am by Trigger »

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2014, 07:40:46 am »
The real conservatives are fighting for truth, justice, and liberty while the evil GOPe plots "a campaign to destroy lives."    The former RNC Chairman and Governor of Mississippi Haley Barbour and his GOP illuminati have politicized what was merely a misunderstood friendly social visit.  Cochran's wife was the one who said "snap a picture for Thad."  They knew Thad hadn't seen his wife for months on the campaign trail and posted the picture so he could see her.  It coulda happened to anybody...but the GOPe, who control the MS media, used it to score political points.  They may have felled one of the righteous soldiers of freedom, but fear not.  Once the silent majority of voters understand anything is worth the cost to take on all of the enemies, rats and RINOs, they will rise up.  I WILL NOT REST!

<smack> here comes the slap of reality

This entire thing is a no-win for any of the GOP warring factions.  Which side is going to blame a suicide on the other side?

A prudent man would say something nice about the dead and leave it at that, but I am not prudent so I'll give it a shot.
Mike Mayfield most likely killed himself because of guilt.  How the heck is that Cochran's fault?
Pat Bruce, president of the Madison County Conservative Coalition, told the Clarion-Ledger that Mayfield was the finest man she knew.

“They killed him,” she told the paper. “They sent a SWAT team to his office, six officers, just to arrest him.”
http://www.politico.com/story/2014/06/mark-mayfield-chris-mcdaniel-aide-108395.html

Now the police are at fault for his suicide?  Bruces's comments remind me of Facebook protestations of a young dead hoodlum's parents.  "Sure my son should not have tried to rob at gun point but he didn't deserve to die.  He wasn't gonna hurt anyone."  Could it be in MS the cops are just one tentacle of the GOPe.  Nope.  The police came to arrest Mayfield because they think he broke the law.  Sorry.

Do you think this will make the rest of the people involved in the nursing home conspiracy more or less nervous?

Move along.  That's the dumbest political strategy I've seen in years.   :whistle:
Plunkett sounds nervous to me.  He is overplaying his admiration for the once future felon Mayfield.  I would not be surprise to see him tangled in this.

Maybe not.  Maybe he is just angry, but it seems displaced to me.  If I was McDaniel's policy director I might be a little angry that Mike may have cost McDaniel's his election, and I sure wouldn't shine a bigger spotlight on a criminal conspiracy tied to my political campaign above what this suicide already has made clear.  I hope he keeps tweeting more.

This is starting to get very exciting for political geeks who have been watching this race all year.  Today Mayfield's suicide made national news on Fox radio

I have thought very little about the friends and family of Mike Mayfield and he seems like a nice guy and an interesting political player while I merely spectate.  It is too bad he felt the need to commit suicide.  He probably thought his felony and scandal would end his career in shame, and he was probably right.  I apologize for adding more spit to his grave.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 07:47:05 am by Once-Ler »

SPQR

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2014, 07:49:13 am »
If you are whacked in the face and fall down dust yourself off and continue.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 08:17:33 am by Trigger »

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2014, 09:04:45 am »
Generally, when someone commits suicide it has very little to do with the object or person cited as the cause.  Suicide being a self-inflicted, deliberate act, the cause must nearly always be assumed to be the person who commits it.  Yes, there are many injustices in this world.  Very few of them justify a person taking his own life.

I have seen firsthand the guilt in the aftermath of a suicide, and how that guilt can go on to ruin the lives of the innocent.  It is a big mistake to stoke that fire.

Based on the limited amount of information in the story, it does seem like overkill to charge the guy with a felony, but he owns the decision to take his life over it, not those who are prosecuting him, however misguided they may be.

In the end, this is a tragic footnote to a tragic political story. 

SPQR

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2014, 09:47:01 am »
Generally, when someone commits suicide it has very little to do with the object or person cited as the cause.  Suicide being a self-inflicted, deliberate act, the cause must nearly always be assumed to be the person who commits it.  Yes, there are many injustices in this world.  Very few of them justify a person taking his own life.

I have seen firsthand the guilt in the aftermath of a suicide, and how that guilt can go on to ruin the lives of the innocent.  It is a big mistake to stoke that fire.

Based on the limited amount of information in the story, it does seem like overkill to charge the guy with a felony, but he owns the decision to take his life over it, not those who are prosecuting him, however misguided they may be.

In the end, this is a tragic footnote to a tragic political story.

I believe that killing oneself is an unpardonable sin in and he should of sought out professional help before doing this.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 09:51:48 am by Trigger »