Author Topic: Obama blasts House Republicans over lawsuit threat  (Read 425 times)

Offline flowers

Obama blasts House Republicans over lawsuit threat
« on: June 27, 2014, 06:49:25 pm »
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/06/27/us-usa-congress-lawsuit-obama-idUSKBN0F21MS20140627

Reuters) - U.S. President Barack Obama on Friday blasted House Republicans who have threatened to sue him for issuing executive orders to implement policies that would have a hard time passing in the Republican-controlled chamber of Congress.

"They don't do anything except block me and call me names," Obama said in an economic speech that concluded a two-day visit to Minnesota.

Obama reacted to a threat on Thursday from House of Representatives Speaker John Boehner, who said he was considering a lawsuit charging the president with overstepping his constitutional boundaries by taking a series of executive actions and other steps.

Obama is campaigning hard for Democratic congressional candidates this year, as Republicans have a chance to grab control of the Senate and add to their majority in the House. Such an outcome would doom the president's chances of getting major legislation approved, such as an immigration overhaul.

Offline GourmetDan

Re: Obama blasts House Republicans over lawsuit threat
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 06:54:37 pm »
Yes Sir, Mr. Constitutional Law Perfessor, Sir.

That's how our government is designed... to move slowly and only when a solid majority is ready to move.

And not because one person wants it so.

(Why am I schooling a Constitutional Law Perfessor anyways?)

« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 06:54:55 pm by GourmetDan »
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Obama blasts House Republicans over lawsuit threat
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 06:56:15 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien