Author Topic: Attorney who faced charges in Cochran wife photo scandal has been found dead  (Read 505 times)

Offline flowers

http://www.wlox.com/story/25888056/attorney-who-faced-charges-in-cochran-wife-photo-scandal-has-been-found-dead

JACKSON, MS (Mississippi News Now) -

Ridgeland police chief Jimmy Houston confirms that Attorney Mark Mayfield has been found dead at his home in the Bridgewater subdivision.

We're told he was found in his garage with a gunshot wound.

It is being investigated as a suicide.

In May, 57-year-old Mayfield was arrested and charged with conspiracy in relation to a political scandal.

The 28-year-old blogger, Clayton Kelly, allegedly went into a nursing home and photographed the bedridden wife of Republican U.S. Senator Thad Cochran without permission and posted an image online as part of an anti-Cochran video.

It's not clear the exact role that Mayfield played in obtaining or spreading the photo.

Mayfield was a Board member of the Central MS Tea Party.

Governor Phil Bryant has sent out a statement about the incident: "Deborah and I are saddened to hear of the loss of Mark Mayfield. He was a long-time friend, and he will be missed. Our prayers go out to his family in this tragic moment."

We'll be updating this story as soon as we receive any new details.

Offline flowers

Yikes........what did he know????

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Yikes........what did he know????
This whole situation is looking like one messed-up clusterbuck (to bowdlerize). Of course, those Deep South states are notoriously corrupt, so I guess it should not surprise me as much as it does.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
This whole situation is looking like one messed-up clusterbuck (to bowdlerize). Of course, those Deep South states are notoriously corrupt, so I guess it should not surprise me as much as it does.

Yep! Those deep South states are notoriously corrupt but none of them can hold a candle to New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, or a dozen others I could name!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien