Author Topic: The Mounting Proof of an IRS Cover-Up  (Read 794 times)

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The Mounting Proof of an IRS Cover-Up
« on: June 27, 2014, 02:35:38 pm »
The Mounting Proof of an IRS Cover-Up

June 25, 2014 by Matthew Vadum

More proof the Obama administration is covering up the political persecution it inflicted on its conservative political enemies through the Internal Revenue Service emerged yesterday as a federal official accused the White House of breaking the law by hiding emails.

Whenever the records, including emails, of federal agencies are destroyed — whether intentional or inadvertent — the law requires that the National Archives be notified. But that did not happen when the computer hard drives of a former IRS official and six of her IRS subordinates allegedly crashed in 2011, destroying records of emails now at the heart of a congressional corruption probe.

“They did not follow the law,” Archivist of the United States David Ferriero said of the IRS during testimony before the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.

It has also been revealed that the IRS suspiciously backed out of a circa 2005 contract with an email storage contractor named Sonasoft mere weeks after Lerner reported losing personal files and before other IRS officials allegedly experienced hard drive crashes as the Tea Party-targeting investigations got underway.

As Investor’s Business Daily explains,

Timing is everything, the saying goes, and sometimes the timing of events is also very curious, as in the case of the lost emails of Lerner and at least six other officials at the very same time the IRS canceled its contract to back up and preserve those emails as required by federal law.

Lerner’s computer supposedly crashed in June 2011, an alleged event the IRS concealed from the American public and congressional investigators for two years.

This event, which cannot be verified because her hard drive has since been destroyed and recycled, occurred just 10 days after House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Rep. Dave Camp first wrote a letter asking if the IRS was engaging in targeting of nonprofit groups.

Sonasoft runs ads stating the company provides “Email Archiving Done Right” and “Point-Click Recovery.” In a 2009 tweet it bragged: “The IRS uses Sonasoft to back up their servers, why wouldn’t you choose them to protect your servers?”

Why not — indeed.

Read more at http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/matthew-vadum/the-mounting-proof-of-an-irs-cover-up/?utm_source=FrontPage+Magazine&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=3c0da0404f-Mailchimp_FrontPageMag&utm_term=0_57e32c1dad-3c0da0404f-156797081
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GourmetDan

Re: The Mounting Proof of an IRS Cover-Up
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 02:40:57 pm »

It has also been revealed that the IRS suspiciously backed out of a circa 2005 contract with an email storage contractor named Sonasoft mere weeks after Lerner reported losing personal files and before other IRS officials allegedly experienced hard drive crashes as the Tea Party-targeting investigations got underway.

Took 'em weeks to figure that out?  Must not have talked to any techies for some time.  These people are kinda stupid...

Lerner’s computer supposedly crashed in June 2011, an alleged event the IRS concealed from the American public and congressional investigators for two years.

I like the 'supposedly'.  That's how media plants ideas into the public consciousness.

Old Koskinen does bear a striking resemblance to Gollum, doesn't he?

« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 02:43:40 pm by GourmetDan »
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 06:24:28 pm »

Old Koskinen does bear a striking resemblance to Gollum, doesn't he?

:bigsilly:

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 01:42:23 pm »
BREAKING: Meet Emmet Sullivan, IRS Judge Who Once Sicced a Special Prosecutor on DOJ

Lerner, Holder, Obama: Are You Packing Your Bags?

By Sidney Powell | 06/27/14 8:44pm

Former Internal Revenue Service official Lois Lerner takes the Fifth before the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee,  March 5, 2014 in Washington, DC.  (Photo by Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images)
Former Internal Revenue Service official Lois Lerner takes the Fifth before the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee, March 5, 2014 in Washington, DC. (Photo by Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images)

Americans are appalled over the false testimony of four consecutive IRS Commissioners, Lois Lerner’s countless acts of malfeasance, and the IRS’s targeting of conservative groups and specific individuals, among them Senator Grassley. The ultimate outrage came over the lame, intellectually insulting assertions that all of the most relevant emails have gone missing from multiple IRS computers at the same time.

Today, Judicial Watch found a federal judge who has the integrity and fortitude to seek Justice—and this isn’t his first whack at the Department of Justice either. Enter Emmet G. Sullivan, United States District Judge for the District of Columbia. Mark July 10 in RED on your calendars.

Now, “Internal Revenue Service officials will have to explain to a federal judge July 10 why the tax agency didn’t inform the court that Lois Lerner’s emails had been lost,” the Washington Examiner reports.

Earlier today, attorneys for Judicial Watch sought a courtroom status conference “as soon as possible to discuss the IRS’s failure to fulfill its duties to this court under the law, as well as other ramifications of this lawsuit.” It took Judge Sullivan just a few hours to grant the hearing.

Now the IRS will have to talk to Judge Sullivan about all this—and he has the power to do something about it.

Judge Sullivan is the judge who held federal prosecutors in contempt, dismissed an unjust indictment against a United States Senator, and publicly excoriated the Department of Justice. He also had the moral conviction, courage and gumption to appoint a special prosecutor to investigate the Justice Department and the individual prosecutors.

The IRS, the White House, and the DOJ have a lot of explaining to do (and some emails to locate). The Washington Examiner reports that “No mention was made in that production of the lost Lerner emails, even though the original Judicial Watch FOIA lawsuit filed in May 2013 specifically sought them. Judicial Watch further noted that ‘although IRS had knowledge of the missing Lois Lerner emails and of the other IRS officials, it materially omitted any mention of the missing records’ in an April 30 status update on its document production.”

Federal Judge Emmet G. Sullivan. (public domain)
Federal Judge Emmet G. Sullivan. (public domain)

Emmet G. Sullivan, a graduate of Howard University and Howard Law who was appointed by President Clinton, is one of the heroes of my new book, Licensed to Lie: Exposing Corruption in the Department of Justice. Judge Sullivan ordered an independent investigation of the Department of Justice, which revealed its corrupted prosecution of United States Senator Ted Stevens.

In the book, I write, “An experienced trial judge, Sullivan was a distinguished man and widely held in high regard. He was no ordinary federal judge; he had worked hard all his life on several different courts and had been appointed by three presidents representing both political parties. . . . He had great respect for the rule of law and strived to apply it equally and fairly in all cases in his courtroom.”

In the Stevens case, Judge Sullivan publicly upbraided the government lawyers before an overflow courtroom, “In nearly 25 years on the bench, I’ve never seen anything approaching the mishandling and misconduct that I’ve seen in this case. . . . When the government does not meet its obligations to turn over evidence, the system falters.”

Judge Sullivan was taking the extraordinary step of appointing a special prosecutor. He chose highly respected DC attorney Henry Schuelke III to investigate the prosecutors for possible criminal charges. The judge ordered the department to preserve all of its files, electronic correspondence—everything—and cooperate fully in the investigation, including providing Schuelke access to investigative files and all witnesses.

Yesterday, Lois Lerner’s troubles seemed so far away, goes the old song. Now it looks as though they’re here to stay. . . .

Emmet G. Sullivan is one judge who knows a cover-up when he sees one.  He has seen this movie before. On July 10, someone should sell admission to the courtroom and set up concession booths outside.

Sidney Powell worked in the Department of Justice for 10 years and was lead counsel in more than 500 federal appeals. She served nine US Attorneys from both political parties and is the author of Licensed to Lie: Exposing Corruption in the Department of Justice.

Read more at http://observer.com/2014/06/breaking-meet-emmet-sullivan-irs-judge-who-once-sicced-a-special-prosecutor-on-doj/#ixzz35wPAmjSC
Follow us: @newyorkobserver on Twitter | newyorkobserver on Facebook

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2014, 02:21:42 pm »
And just one more thing about this;

The odds of winning the Florida lottery are 1 in 22,957,480.
The odds of winning the Powerball is 1 in 175,223,510.
The odds of winning Mega Millions is 1 in 258,890,850.
The odds of a disk drive failing in any given month are roughly one in 36. The odds of two different drives failing in the same month are roughly one in 36 squared, or 1 in about 1,300. The odds of three drives failing in the same month is 36 cubed or 1 in 46,656.
The odds of seven different drives failing in the same month (like what happened at the IRS when they received a letter asking about emails targeting conservative and pro Israeli groups) is 37 to the 7th power = 1 in 78,664,164,096. (that's over 78 Billion) In other words, the odds are 342 times greater that you will win the Florida Lottery than having those seven IRS hard drives crashing in the same month.

And this does not even take into account the fact that the 7 hard drives that failed were seven specific hard drives and not seven random hard drives. The whole thing is completely unbelievable.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2014, 02:43:50 pm »
And just one more thing about this;

The odds of winning the Florida lottery are 1 in 22,957,480.
The odds of winning the Powerball is 1 in 175,223,510.
The odds of winning Mega Millions is 1 in 258,890,850.
The odds of a disk drive failing in any given month are roughly one in 36. The odds of two different drives failing in the same month are roughly one in 36 squared, or 1 in about 1,300. The odds of three drives failing in the same month is 36 cubed or 1 in 46,656.
The odds of seven different drives failing in the same month (like what happened at the IRS when they received a letter asking about emails targeting conservative and pro Israeli groups) is 37 to the 7th power = 1 in 78,664,164,096. (that's over 78 Billion) In other words, the odds are 342 times greater that you will win the Florida Lottery than having those seven IRS hard drives crashing in the same month.

And this does not even take into account the fact that the 7 hard drives that failed were seven specific hard drives and not seven random hard drives. The whole thing is completely unbelievable.

It is unbelievable!  I wonder if this is ever going to be prosecuted.  The IRS is an agency that is universally hated by everyone who isn't a politician, if we can't get justice for this, then WTH?
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2014, 03:08:05 pm »
It is unbelievable!  I wonder if this is ever going to be prosecuted.  The IRS is an agency that is universally hated by everyone who isn't a politician, if we can't get justice for this, then WTH?

Maybe we should have a REAL million man march in Washington to demand ending the income tax and the IRS!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2014, 03:18:57 pm »
Maybe we should have a REAL million man march in Washington to demand ending the income tax and the IRS!

Agree.  The IRS has become too powerful and too corrupt.

Abolish the IRS!
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2014, 03:21:32 pm »
Agree.  The IRS has become too powerful and too corrupt.

Abolish the IRS!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

- J. R. R. Tolkien