Author Topic: Clinton Adviser Lanny Davis: Time for Independent Counsel to Investigate IRS Scandal  (Read 1196 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Clinton Adviser Lanny Davis: Time for Independent Counsel to Investigate IRS Scandal

BY: Larry O'Connor
June 27, 2014 8:42 am

A former White House counsel during the Clinton administration said Thursday that it’s time for an independent counsel to look into the growing IRS email scandal. 

Lanny Davis, a close adviser to Hillary Clinton and a frequent defender of the Obama Administration, appeared on my morning talk show in Washington, D.C., on WMAL. I asked him to comment on the latest hearings on the lost IRS emails conducted earlier this week in Congress:

If this were a Republican administration I’d be saying when hard drives have been obliterated and this recent Lois Lerner—I think very inappropriate, maybe innocent but completely inappropriate—’maybe we should look at Mr. Grassley’ uh … there’s no Democrat that I know of that wouldn’t be asking a Republican administration to conduct an independent investigation.

I asked Davis if he meant a special prosecutor should be appointed and he argued that a special counsel reporting to the attorney general would be sufficient. “Yes, there ought to be another look at this by somebody that President Obama chooses to appoint who’s independent,” Davis explained, “or at least the Republicans would see as independent.”

http://freebeacon.com/issues/clinton-adviser-lanny-davis-time-for-independent-counsel-to-investigate-irs-scandal/
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
For once I agree with Lanny Davis!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

For once I agree with Lanny Davis!

careful though.  He's a rabid Hillary advisor and right now Hillary's reputation going forward is much higher than that of either Obuttocks - because he cannot be re-elected and will almost certainly not run for an elective office for a while - and the IRS and its personnel - the political appointees are no more important than Obuttocks (many will be replaced by whomever is the next president), and the higher up career agents are, for the likes of Hillary, useful cannon fodder.

I don't think he's really that interested in digging up all of the truth about what the IRS did; I think he's only interested in having enough "truth" dug up to make Hillary look good.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Didn't I hear that Hillary is now saying that Obama came up with the "video" lie as the cause of the Benghazi murders?  She's trying to clean up her past.

The old gray mare just ain't what she used to be. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline GourmetDan

A former White House counsel during the Clinton administration said Thursday that it’s time for an independent counsel to look into the growing IRS email scandal. 

This is just the Demonrats way of getting the issue off the front page before the elections...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline aligncare

No, this is just a way for the Clinton's to get even and take the first shot at destroying the Obama mystique.

It's no secret that Hillary and Bill hate Obama. Just recently, Hillary was heard at a Chappaqua restaurant trashing Obama in the most blunt terms – out loud, in public. Can you imagine what she says in private?

Offline GourmetDan

No, this is just a way for the Clinton's to get even and take the first shot at destroying the Obama mystique.

It's no secret that Hillary and Bill hate Obama. Just recently, Hillary was heard at a Chappaqua restaurant trashing Obama in the most blunt terms – out loud, in public. Can you imagine what she says in private?

Were that the case, it could wait until after the elections.  No need to call for a special prosecutor now except to get it off the front pages before the election.  Bambi's doing a fine job of destroying himself as it is, why give him the cover of a special prosecutor who would then need some time to perform an investigation?

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Is Kenneth Starr available? :laugh:
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline olde north church

She's gone to buying glass ashtrays by the gross.  Word is, she's got a wicked fastball.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
To me, this is all in the plan to distance themselves from the Obama Administration....in an attempt to make Hillary Clinton accepted as 'different' and more of an "Establishment Democrat".

They are of course, one and the same.

Hillary's college thesis was titled, "There's only the Fight"......about her hero Saul Alinsky.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
Didn't I hear that Hillary is now saying that Obama came up with the "video" lie as the cause of the Benghazi murders?  She's trying to clean up her past.

The old gray mare just ain't what she used to be.

No foolin!!

:beer: