Author Topic: Clinton musical to make US debut  (Read 433 times)

Online mountaineer

Clinton musical to make US debut
« on: June 25, 2014, 06:35:56 pm »
Gee, I hope the 'toons get a cut of the box office, given their impoverished condition.
Clinton musical to make US debut
By Chris Perez, NY Post
June 24, 2014 | 12:45pm

After years of living in the political spotlight, the Clintons will now be taking the world of musical theater by storm. Sort of.

The offbeat “Clinton: The Musical” will be making its US debut next month as part of the New York Musical Theatre Festival, Fox 5 reports.

The musical will focus on two different “Bill Clinton” characters. Duke LaFoon will be playing “Billy,” while Karl Kenzler will play W.J. Clinton.

Alet Taylor will play Hillary Rodham Clinton. Other characters will include Newt Gingrich, Monica Lewinsky and Eleanor Roosevelt.

The creators are brothers Paul and Michael Hodge from Australia, who describe their work by saying “politics is show business for ugly people.”

“Clinton” was previously nominated for best new musical at the UK Edinburgh Festival Fringe.

The show will be performed at The Alice Griffin Jewel Box Theatre at the Pershing Square Signature Center July 18 through July 25.

Sample tweet from @ClintonMusical:
CLINTON The Musical   @clintonmusical 

Writing a new song today!!!! This one is going to be fun!!!!  #WhatCouldGoWrong? #MonicaCould #SexualRelations #ADayInTheNYMFLIfe #NYMF2014
10:23 AM - 20 Jun 2014

How about some song suggestions?
 "How do you solve a problem like Monica  Juanita Broaddrick    Gennifer Flowers    Huma Abedin ?" (Er, let's just call this one "How do you solve?")

"Some enchanted evening at an airstrip in Mena"

"Memory (I don't have one, I'm sorry, I don't recall, my mind's in a blender, it's Jell-O)"  a/k/a "Try to Remember"

"There's no business (like the cattle futures business)"

"If Ever I Would Ignore You (Amb. Stevens)"

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Clinton musical to make US debut
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 07:02:21 pm »
"I offer my answer to your little quiz.
It's dependent on how you define the word 'is'."
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline PzLdr

Re: Clinton musical to make US debut
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 10:25:31 pm »
Slick Williy's character going to sing, "Am I Blew"?
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee