Author Topic: The staggering price of crushing the tea party  (Read 239 times)

Online Once-Ler

• How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Trump
    • Statement by President Trump
The staggering price of crushing the tea party
« on: June 26, 2014, 03:09:18 AM »
No matter the color of our skin, we all live under the same laws, we all salute the same great flag, and we are all made by the same almighty God.  We must love each other, show affection for each other, and unite together in condemnation of hatred, bigotry, and violence.  We must rediscover the bonds of love and loyalty that bring us together as Americans.

Racism is evil.  And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans

-President Trump 8/14/17

Online Once-Ler

• How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Trump
    • Statement by President Trump
Re: The staggering price of crushing the tea party
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 04:37:49 AM »
Jim Malone - What are you prepared to do?
Elliot Ness - Everything within the law.
Jim Malone - And then what are you prepared to do?

The "Citizen Kane" of my generation - "The Untouchables."

The GOPe is fighting for it's life.  The GOPe can not afford to deal with reckless and embarrassing primary challengers from the fringe right like Steve Stockman, Matt Bevin, and Dwayne Stovall
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EIMkxNhClQ

How do you stop an angry ideologically crazed and irrational movement willing to commit (political) suicide for their cause?  Dubya did it by declaring a doctrine that the US would not wait to be attacked.  We were going to be preemptive in our interests and he proved it with a disproportionate response after 9-11 with our liberation of Iraq.  He killed the dream of Bin Laden and the islamic terrorists.  They thought that the US was a "paper tiger."  They thought all Presidents were like the simpering cowards Clinton and Obama.  The islamic terrorists thought we would tuck our tail between our legs and run away like we did in Beirut, and Bengahzi. 

Politics is war by other means, to misquote Carl von Clausewitz.  I don't mean to equate the Tea Party with fundamentalist Islomoterrorism.  The Tea Party is Hell-pavingly well intentioned, but to me they are both disconnected with reality and and counter productive to their cause.

IMO, and in reality, the Tea Party and groups like Club for Growth, Heritage Action, Freedomworks, and Tea Party Patriots declared war on the GOPe last year.  They promised to primary the GOP leadership and they promised to back those candidates with what the SCOTUS calls "free speech."  Then in October they promised the grass roots would stand up and demand fiscal conservatism.  Rush Limbaugh would say "Conservatism works every time it's tried."  But the people rejected conservatism and it was clear to the GOPe that to stay in power a representative needs to be elected by voters in a general election not just a primary election.  The fantasy peddlers made good on their promise to primary the GOPe.  The GOPe responded with overwhelming force and the will to do everything.  That is how you win.  The GOPe is killing the dream.

A few months ago several on this board were calling for a truce.  A need to mend fences and bridge the gap between the GOPe and the far right.  I disagreed.  You negotiate after you win.  "Never stop fighting till the fight is done." Here endeth the lesson.
No matter the color of our skin, we all live under the same laws, we all salute the same great flag, and we are all made by the same almighty God.  We must love each other, show affection for each other, and unite together in condemnation of hatred, bigotry, and violence.  We must rediscover the bonds of love and loyalty that bring us together as Americans.

Racism is evil.  And those who cause violence in its name are criminals and thugs, including the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, and other hate groups that are repugnant to everything we hold dear as Americans

-President Trump 8/14/17

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf