Author Topic: Chelsea Clinton tried to care about money but couldn't  (Read 656 times)

Offline flowers

Chelsea Clinton tried to care about money but couldn't
« on: June 23, 2014, 03:26:43 pm »
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/chelsea-clinton-care-money-article-1.1840138

“I was curious if I could care about (money) on some fundamental level, and I couldn’t,” she told UK’s The Telegraph, explaining why she gave up lucrative gigs to join her family’s philanthropic foundation.

Offline flowers

Re: Chelsea Clinton tried to care about money but couldn't
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 03:27:44 pm »
NY daily news owes me a new keyboard and screen. Coffee all over them right now after reading this one!!!

Offline Millee

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 03:53:02 pm »
Could this family just please go away.  :chairbang:

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 03:54:06 pm »
Give up the $10 million apartment and I'll believe ya, sweetie.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

rangerrebew

- FrontPage Magazine - http://www.frontpagemag.com -

34-Year-Old Clinton Spawn Who Has Never Worked for a Living: “I Will Just Always Work Harder.”

Posted By Daniel Greenfield On June 23, 2014 @ 2:29 pm In The Point | 31 Comments

Chelsea Clinton is not beholden to her parents or her royal dynastic last name. She’s a self-starter and a go-getter.

As with every new job during these years, Chelsea had to make people forget her heritage.

“I will just always work harder [than anybody else] and hopefully perform better. And hopefully, over time, I pre-empt and erase whatever expectations people have of me not having a good work ethic, or not being smart, or not being motivated.”

Chelsea Clinton’s current job?

She works for the Clinton Foundation and the Clinton Global Initiative. The Clinton Foundation has been renamed the Bill, Hillary & Chelsea Clinton Foundation so good luck getting her job if your name isn’t Chelsea Clinton.

Chelsea Clinton also got $600K as correspondent for NBC News where she awkwardly and infrequently talked to celebrities about their charities.

And let’s not forget about her role as MULTI-FAITH LEADER where she runs the Of the Many Institute. I have no idea what she does there. No one else does either.

But it requires a lot of help.

Striding across the lobby of Chicago’s Sheraton Hotel, where the summit took place, hand outstretched in greeting, a gaggle of assistants in tow, the articulate 33-year-old bore little resemblance to the gawky teenager who was rarely caught on camera during her father’s presidency in the mid-90s.

She attributes her emergence as a multi-tasking power player to forces beyond her famous parents.

Yeah. Sure. Anyway she’s transcended all that.

“It is frustrating, because who wants to grow up and follow their parents?” admits Chelsea. “I’ve tried really hard to care about things that were very different from my parents. I was curious if I could care about [money] on some fundamental level, and I couldn’t. That wasn’t the metric of success I wanted in my life. I’ve talked about this to my friends who are doctors and whose parents are doctors, or who are lawyers and their parents are lawyers. It’s a funny thing to realise I feel called to this work both as a daughter and also as someone who believes I have contributions to make.”

If you can sort through all that gibberish, it means that Chelsea Clinton, the coal miner’s daughter of broke and not truly well off millionaires who have more mansions than you have chairs, that she has transcended money and will focus on her role as a daughter.

In other news, Prince Charles will give up on his promising career in plumbing to be the Prince of Wales.

On a February morning, earlier this year, Chelsea takes the stage of a packed NYU auditorium. Melinda Gates and Hillary Clinton – along with Chelsea – are there to announce No Ceilings, a collaboration between the Clinton Foundation and the Gates Foundation that will analyse the progress of women and girls globally

What do Melinda Gates, Hillary Clinton and Chelsea Clinton have in common? They are where they are because of their last names.

Article printed from FrontPage Magazine: http://www.frontpagemag.com

URL to article: http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/dgreenfield/34-year-old-clinton-spawn-who-has-never-worked-for-a-living-i-will-just-always-work-harder/

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2014, 03:46:37 pm »
Chelsea: I Don’t Fundamentally Care About Money
by Keith Koffler on June 24, 2014, 9:34 am

Because she’s so much better than that.

During an interview with Fast Company in April that is now being brought to light, Chelsea Clinton suggested her decision to join her parents’ charitable organization stemmed from a recognition that she just couldn’t sully herself with the mundane aspiration to make a lot of money.

From the piece:
I’ve tried really hard to care about things that were very different from my parents. I was curious if I could care about [money] on some fundamental level, and I couldn’t. That wasn’t the metric of success that I wanted in my life. I’ve talked about this to my friends who are doctors and whose parents are doctors, or who are lawyers and their parents are lawyers.

How noble of her, then to accept $600,000 per year from NBC News for a job that doesn’t appear to have cost her lots of sweat. It was have cause an identity crisis to be pulling in so much cash. I’m glad she seems to be surviving the experience.

Maybe I wouldn’t fundamentally care about money either IF THERE WEREN’T SO MANY BILLS TO PAY. Those things get my fundamental attention.

Really, these Clintons are living on a different planet. And increasingly, I’m coming to think that planet does not include the White House.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2014, 10:40:00 pm »
An Unintended Gaffe & an Absurd Claim About Money Show How Chelsea Clinton Takes After Her Parents
By Michael Hausam   10 hours ago 
IJReview

We must pity the poor Clinton ladies, as they just cannot catch a break. Either that, or they need to seriously consider replacing the advisors that are helping them frame answers to questions from softball-lobbing journalists.

Hillary has been unable to get away from her ‘we were dead broke‘ claims and even formerly-friendly media outlets are having a laugh at her expense. And now enter daughter Chelsea Clinton, talking about her career choices in an interview with Great Britain’s Telegraph.

In what is largely a puff piece, talking about her joining the Clinton Foundation and various career options, two things she said stand out and deserve further comment. Mentioning her various dietary changes over the years, from vegetation to pescatarian (fish eater) to meat eater, she said:
I’m a big believer in listening to my body’s cravings.

We’ll just leave that one alone without pointing out that’s what got Bubba into trouble.

Secondly, while explaining how it came about that Chelsea ended up working for Daddy’s foundation, she said:
I’ve tried really hard to care about things that were very different from my parents. I was curious if I could care about (money) on some fundamental level, and I couldn’t.

Um, didn’t you get a $600,000 salary from NBC for basically doing nothing? Aren’t you the beneficiary of a tax-dodge deal on your parent’s home in New York? And didn’t you and hubby just spend $10.5 million on an apartment?

Maybe at that level, it’s considered good form to deny caring about money. But to the rest of us, it just sounds absurd. In any event, it’s definitely time for the Clintons to take a serious look at replacing their public relations team…

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2014, 10:57:01 pm »
Seriously, if I lived in a 10.5 million dollar flat, carried an Amex Black Card, and had access to hundreds of millions through my parents foundation, I would care little about money. Care implies respect and responsibility. It is like air. You don't really care about it until you choke, you don't even think about it.

If she had to actually work for it or create a budget for important items, she would care a lot for it because she would understand what it really means.

She doesn't need to. She gets her stuff and the perks of it without having to think about it.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2014, 03:28:42 pm »
Seriously, if I lived in a 10.5 million dollar flat, carried an Amex Black Card, and had access to hundreds of millions through my parents foundation, I would care little about money. Care implies respect and responsibility. It is like air. You don't really care about it until you choke, you don't even think about it.

If she had to actually work for it or create a budget for important items, she would care a lot for it because she would understand what it really means.

She doesn't need to. She gets her stuff and the perks of it without having to think about it.

I have noted that is usually has the opposite effect. Most misers do seem to come from well to do backgrounds. To pull a Clinton here, it depends how you define the word Care.

Does she mean "don't care" in the sense that since it's always available she gives it about as much thought as her next breath of air? Or does she mean "don't care" in the sense that she is indifferent to money and material possessions.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2014, 03:36:17 pm »
Does she mean "don't care" in the sense that since it's always available she gives it about as much thought as her next breath of air? Or does she mean "don't care" in the sense that she is indifferent to money and material possessions.
Must be the former, i.e., she's used to having great piles of undeserved wealth lying around, ever since she was a tot. If it were the latter, she'd probably be living in a more modest home.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2014, 03:45:13 pm »
Must be the former, i.e., she's used to having great piles of undeserved wealth lying around, ever since she was a tot. If it were the latter, she'd probably be living in a more modest home.

I strongly suspect you are right. People throw money at her because of who her parents are and - to a lesser extent - who her husband is.

Yet the alternative is there - maybe she really doesn't care. That she lives in an expensive place because it's expected by the circles she moves in, not because it is what she particularly wants. Sometimes I do try to be generous and see the good in people! That can be a strain.  :shrug:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink