Author Topic: State Dept LGBT Speaker: We Don’t Want Gay Marriage; We Want No Marriage  (Read 409 times)

rangerrebew

State Dept LGBT Speaker: We Don’t Want Gay Marriage; We Want No Marriage

By Ian Tuttle

June 24, 2014 5:16 PM

Since it is no longer attending to America’s foreign policy, the State Department has a great deal of time on its hands — part of which it filled, last week, with its now-annual Gays and Lesbians in Foreign Affairs Agencies Pride Day. Among the event’s speakers was noted LGBT activist Masha Gessen, who rose to prominence as a fierce critic of Russia’s treatment of LGBT issues, particularly under Vladimir Putin.

However, Gessen has more in mind than simply “expanding” marriage rights in the United States to include homosexual couples. At a panel discussion for the Sydney Writers Festival in 2012, Gessen noted:

I agree that we should have the right to marry, but I also think equally that it is a no-brainer that the institution of marriage should not exist. . . . Fighting for gay marriage generally involves lying about what we’re going to do with marriage when we get there, because we lie that the institution of marriage is not going to change, and that is a lie. The institution of marriage is going to change, and it should change, and again, I don’t think it should exist.

Gessen is well on her way to achieving that goal, at least personally. Later in the discussions, she describes her unorthodox family structure: “We have three kids and five parents . . . more or less, and I don’t see why they shouldn’t have five parents legally.”

The full audio of the panel discussion is available here. The relevant segment begins at 6:30.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/381148/state-dept-lgbt-speaker-we-dont-want-gay-marriage-we-want-no-marriage-ian-tuttle
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 02:33:35 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
Fine, get the government completely out of the marriage business.  Leave it to the churches like it used to be.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Oceander

there's a phrase for people like her:  effing idiot

Offline musiclady

and again, I don’t think it should exist.

Good luck with that, sweetie.   **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline wolfcreek

Least she admitted they lie...a lot. :whistle: