Author Topic: The Mounting Proof of an IRS Cover-Up  (Read 420 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The Mounting Proof of an IRS Cover-Up
« on: June 25, 2014, 01:33:56 pm »
The Mounting Proof of an IRS Cover-Up

June 25, 2014 by Matthew Vadum

More proof the Obama administration is covering up the political persecution it inflicted on its conservative political enemies through the Internal Revenue Service emerged yesterday as a federal official accused the White House of breaking the law by hiding emails.

Whenever the records, including emails, of federal agencies are destroyed — whether intentional or inadvertent — the law requires that the National Archives be notified. But that did not happen when the computer hard drives of a former IRS official and six of her IRS subordinates allegedly crashed in 2011, destroying records of emails now at the heart of a congressional corruption probe.

“They did not follow the law,” Archivist of the United States David Ferriero said of the IRS during testimony before the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee.

It has also been revealed that the IRS suspiciously backed out of a circa 2005 contract with an email storage contractor named Sonasoft mere weeks after Lerner reported losing personal files and before other IRS officials allegedly experienced hard drive crashes as the Tea Party-targeting investigations got underway.

As Investor’s Business Daily explains,

Timing is everything, the saying goes, and sometimes the timing of events is also very curious, as in the case of the lost emails of Lerner and at least six other officials at the very same time the IRS canceled its contract to back up and preserve those emails as required by federal law.

Lerner’s computer supposedly crashed in June 2011, an alleged event the IRS concealed from the American public and congressional investigators for two years.

This event, which cannot be verified because her hard drive has since been destroyed and recycled, occurred just 10 days after House Ways and Means Committee Chairman Rep. Dave Camp first wrote a letter asking if the IRS was engaging in targeting of nonprofit groups.

Sonasoft runs ads stating the company provides “Email Archiving Done Right” and “Point-Click Recovery.” In a 2009 tweet it bragged: “The IRS uses Sonasoft to back up their servers, why wouldn’t you choose them to protect your servers?”

Why not — indeed.

Excerpt. More at  http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/matthew-vadum/the-mounting-proof-of-an-irs-cover-up/
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Re: The Mounting Proof of an IRS Cover-Up
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 01:35:44 pm »
One thing is for sure!

We will never again be a truly FREE people for so long as we continue to abide the Marxist income tax and the IRS!

http://fairtax.org

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 01:52:54 pm »

Sonasoft runs ads stating the company provides “Email Archiving Done Right” and “Point-Click Recovery.” In a 2009 tweet it bragged: “The IRS uses Sonasoft to back up their servers, why wouldn’t you choose them to protect your servers?”

That's what I'm talking about right there.  Email is stored on servers which are backed up, not on hard-drives on individual PCs.

The whole 'Lerner's computer hard-drive crashed making the emails unretreivable' is an obvious lie and 'Con'-gress knows it...

« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 01:53:41 pm by GourmetDan »
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 01:57:36 pm »
That's what I'm talking about right there.  Email is stored on servers which are backed up, not on hard-drives on individual PCs.

The whole 'Lerner's computer hard-drive crashed making the emails unretreivable' is an obvious lie and 'Con'-gress knows it...

Of course it is and they do!

- J. R. R. Tolkien