Author Topic: We Need Some Levelheaded Bad Asses  (Read 325 times)

rangerrebew

We Need Some Levelheaded Bad Asses
« on: June 25, 2014, 09:22:47 am »

We Need Some Levelheaded Bad Asses

Posted on June 23, 2014 by Common Constitutionalist Filed under Constitution, Corruption, Foreign Policy, Political Correctness, Politics, Terrorism, War

Last week Mark Levin spoke on his radio show about foreign policy in light of the whole Iraq mess resurfacing.

Actually, Iraq never went away. Do we really think ISIS just coincidentally attacked now?

It’s not as if the terrorist gang was just formed yesterday. They’ve been around since 2006. ISIS was formed by the unification of three separate terror groups: Abu Musab al-Zarqawi’s al-Qaeda faction, the Mujahedeen Shura Council in Iraq, and the Jund al-Shahhaba (the Soldiers of the Prophet’s Companions).

After America vacated the area, they organized and moved in to fill the void that we left.

Mark asked the question: “What is the United States going to do about things like this – nothing? Will we pick a side? Should we pick a side, or will we just stand on the sidelines and watch?

He asked on what our foreign policy/military policy should be based? What is the doctrine we should follow, or is there simply no doctrine?

It didn’t take long to answer the question(s). The second caller, a 20-year Marine veteran nailed it. He stated that our foreign policy should be to have the world’s strongest military and to use it to preserve and defend our homeland and national security interests.

He said that if you want peace, you must always be prepared for war.

The problem is that we are not prepared for war, and every year that goes by with Obama at the helm, we have been and will be weakened – purposely.

Obama is bent on disarming us to the point where we may no longer be the imperialist/colonialist aggressor he thinks we have been. I’m telling you – that’s how he feels!

I agree with the Marine vet. We should have the baddest fighting force on the planet, but the glass should only be broken on that force in case of “real” emergency, and democracy building isn’t a real emergency. It should not be our purpose.

I liken it to a few of my friends and acquaintances. These guys are nothing much to look at – athletic but unassuming – certainly not Schwarzenegger types. They are also genuinely nice – not arrogant.

However, anyone who knows them knows one would not last 30 seconds if one was stupid enough to start something. They, like me, hate fighting and hate the thought of war, but we also know the greatest chance of surviving a conflict is to end it swiftly.

That’s what America must once more become. We must be known as levelheaded bad asses. The rest of the world must know that we will not start a fight, but if anyone chooses to start something with us, our citizens, or whomever we choose to call friend or ally – look out.

Our doctrine should be that the world must know that gone are the days of protracted overseas conflicts – that the policy of engaging the enemy has changed. If you mess with us or our friends we will obliterate your village, town, city, state or country and do it as quick as humanly possible. If necessary we will leave nothing standing.

We will rapidly beat you into submission, so you surrender and never raise your hand against us again. And then we will leave. That is war. It’s not supposed to be kind or sterile or fair.

Unlike days gone by, where you might negotiate a peace after declaring victory – these new enemies cannot be negotiated with. They know only and respect only brute force, so that is what we must give them.

Be civil with us and our friends and we will reciprocate. Start something or even credibly threaten to do so, and we will wipe you out – to the last man.

That’s a doctrine most Americans, I believe, could live with.

Read more at http://godfatherpolitics.com/16007/need-levelheaded-bad-asses/#dKpLtXkOgxi7l1ax.99