Author Topic: Dick Cheney: Expect 'Far Deadlier' Terror Attack Within Decade  (Read 3830 times)

rangerrebew

Dick Cheney: Expect 'Far Deadlier' Terror Attack Within Decade

Tuesday, 24 Jun 2014 08:41 PM

By Cathy Burke
Former Vice President Dick Cheney predicts there will be a terrorist attack on the United States within the next decade and that it will be "far deadlier" than the attacks of 9/11.

"I doubt it," Cheney told conservative radio host Hugh Hewitt when asked if he thinks America will "get through this decade" without another "massive attack on the homeland," in audio posted by Business Insider.

Urgent:  Do You Approve of Obama's Handling of Foreign Policy? Vote Here

Story continues below video.

"I think there will be another attack," Cheney told Hewitt, "and the next time, I think it's going to be far deadlier than the last one. Imagine what would happen if somebody could smuggle a nuclear device, put it in a shipping container, and drive it down the Beltway outside Washington, D.C."

Cheney also was asked if another attack would lead to "military rule" and the reconstitution of the U.S. government, but he responded by detailing the "continuity of government" program, which he said was set up during the Cold War so a "government in waiting" could be in place if necessary.

Cheney's radio interview comes on the heels of his sharp criticism of President Barack Obama's foreign policy in a co-bylined op-ed in The Wall Street Journal with his daughter, Liz Cheney, saying the president is "so wrong about so much at the expense of so many."

But the former vice president has sounded the worse-than-9/11 warning before, including during an appearance last weekend on ABC's "This Week," when he criticized Obama's announcement that all but 9,800 troops would be out of Afghanistan by year's end.

Urgent:  Do You Approve of Obama's Handling of Foreign Policy? Vote Here

Story continues below video.

"One of the things I worried about 12 years ago, and that I worry about today, is that there will be another 9/11 attack and that the next time, it'll be with weapons far deadlier than airline tickets and box cutters," he said.

"And when we have a situation developing in Pakistan, for example, where there are nuclear weapons, where supposedly that technology has been sold to the North Koreans, at the same time, the president announces the complete withdrawal from Afghanistan right next door, that we're missing the boat."

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/decade-911-deadlier/2014/06/24/id/579066#ixzz35djzbMWD

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Re: Dick Cheney: Expect 'Far Deadlier' Terror Attack Within Decade
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 11:58:18 am »
The guy is paranoid. I feel sorry for him, but he seems to live in this constant fear that a Muslim boogeyman is ready to strike at any moment.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline musiclady

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2014, 12:41:34 pm »
The guy is paranoid. I feel sorry for him, but he seems to live in this constant fear that a Muslim boogeyman is ready to strike at any moment.

Maybe that's because he was VP when Muslim "boogeymen" slaughtered 3000 innocent people and had to try to deal with keeping America safe for the next 7 years (and did, btw).

Sheesh.  Don't feel sorry for the guy.  He's brilliant, filled with integrity, and a hero.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 12:54:36 pm »

That's because you still lack the real understanding of what's out there he has!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 01:41:51 pm »
That's because you still lack the real understanding of what's out there he has!

Even some of us layfolk understand that militant Islam is a very real threat to our safety, and even our way of life.

But imagine knowing what Cheney knows and watching a Marxist punk destroy everything you worked so diligently and faithfully to preserve.

I'm actually surprised that he isn't saying more.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 01:59:08 pm »
Even some of us layfolk understand that militant Islam is a very real threat to our safety, and even our way of life.

But imagine knowing what Cheney knows and watching a Marxist punk destroy everything you worked so diligently and faithfully to preserve.

I'm actually surprised that he isn't saying more.

I'm surprised that a LOT of people aren't saying more!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2014, 02:10:57 pm »
Be afraaaaaaid! Be verrrrrrry afraaaaaid! OOGA BOOGA BOOGA!!!

Now please sign the dotted line and forfeit more of your freedoms for the illusion of protection and safety.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 02:12:48 pm by Dex4974 »
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline musiclady

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2014, 02:21:21 pm »
I'm surprised that a LOT of people aren't saying more!

I think they may still be afraid of being called racists for opposing the first not-really-African-America President.

There's not a whole lot of courage left in this country, and I for one, am thrilled to see it displayed in VP Cheney.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2014, 02:22:47 pm »
Oh yeah.............and there are a whole lot of very naïve people who prefer keeping their heads in the sand to dealing with the reality of militant Islam.

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2014, 02:33:11 pm »
Oh yeah.............and there are a whole lot of very naïve people who prefer keeping their heads in the sand to dealing with the reality of militant Islam.

Let me know when militant Islam storms the Californian coastline.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2014, 02:39:21 pm »

I've sworn to not waste another drop of cyber ink on you Dex but I'm making an exception!

IT ALREADY IS YOU IGNORANT TWIT!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2014, 06:08:26 pm »

What in heaven's name does that have to do with anything?  Is a militant Islamic equivalent of D-Day in the state of California what it's going to take to wake you up to the REALITY of the danger we face?

How sound asleep are you?  How deep in the sandy beach is your head??

Online mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2014, 06:42:19 pm »
Well, at least you're discussing this rationally.

:thud:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2014, 07:10:30 pm »
What in heaven's name does that have to do with anything?  Is a militant Islamic equivalent of D-Day in the state of California what it's going to take to wake you up to the REALITY of the danger we face?
You mean like the ongoing invasion from Mexico?

Like the ongoing sale of our country to Red China in exchange for funding entitlement benefits?

Not to mention our own internal collapse.

But hey, let's raise the specter of another attack that can seemingly only be prevented by spending hundreds of billions of dollars we don't have on a war that won't help the situation so that his pension can benefit from the no-bid contracts Halliburton gets from it.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2014, 07:47:34 pm »
You mean like the ongoing invasion from Mexico?

Like the ongoing sale of our country to Red China in exchange for funding entitlement benefits?

Not to mention our own internal collapse.

But hey, let's raise the specter of another attack that can seemingly only be prevented by spending hundreds of billions of dollars we don't have on a war that won't help the situation so that his pension can benefit from the no-bid contracts Halliburton gets from it.

I'm not sure why you think those things are mutually exclusive.

It's not "raising the specter" if it's a very real possibility..............which it is.

And that's in addition to those other very real dangers you listed.

(btw, the mention of Halliburton is highly questionable, and I'm not sure where it's coming from, other than to site a leftist "bogeyman".....to use your own words).

Oceander

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2014, 08:26:50 pm »

Now please sign the dotted line and forfeit more of your freedoms for the illusion of protection and safety.

A little colorful, but essentially on point.  Those who poo-poo this possibility have forgotten that in the mad, headless, scramble after 9/11 Congress passed, and Bush signed, the PATRIOT Act, which has been responsible for taking a huge bite out of our individual freedoms in ways that bear little real relationship to preventing terror attacks in the US.

Of course there's a real, and significant, risk that there will be another major terror attack within the US and that that attack might be worse than 9/11, but if we forfeit all of our most essential freedoms in exchange for (mostly empty) promises of security, then the terrorists have essentially won without having to lift a finger.  As a simple illustration, the 9/11 terrorists managed to cow us over transportation to the point where we now willingly humiliate and terrorize ourselves every time we board a plane courtesy of the Homeland Security monster we created with the PATRIOT Act.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 08:29:24 pm by Oceander »

Offline aligncare

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2014, 08:35:52 pm »
So now those presumably on our side bring up Halliburton as if it were a dirty word?

So why has every administration since LBJ relied on Halliburton to supply the military, including the Obama administration which recently gave a no-bid contract to Halliburton?  The answer is Halliburton is the best at what they do.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2014, 08:44:22 pm »
So now those presumably on our side bring up Halliburton as if it were a dirty word?

So why has every administration since LBJ relied on Halliburton to supply the military, including the Obama administration which recently gave a no-bid contract to Halliburton?  The answer is Halliburton is the best at what they do.
Because the government is corrupt, and LBJ is a perfect example of it.

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2014, 09:11:53 pm »

That's because he has actual experience with those "muslim bogeymen" you speak of, being in the actual hot seat when they flew airplanes into buildings.

You cannot possibly be that ignorant and I hate to think you are that dim.  You really need to go review recent History from a reputable source and try again...

:smokin:

Offline raml

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2014, 09:36:28 pm »
It is the people who think we are safe that are crazy. I agree with him we will be hit and it will be soon. I don't know what will happen but I do know it will. We have opened our borders and let the world in and the world flowing into our country is not peaceful and friendly. There are Muslims figuring out how to kill us every minute of the day. This is fact not fiction. I am logical I have common sense as does Cheney.

Offline olde north church

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2014, 10:10:55 pm »
That's because he has actual experience with those "muslim bogeymen" you speak of, being in the actual hot seat when they flew airplanes into buildings.

You cannot possibly be that ignorant and I hate to think you are that dim.  You really need to go review recent History from a reputable source and try again...

:smokin:

I believe there are many upon reading the first two or three paragraphs of the daily security briefing would literally piss themselves.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2014, 10:32:53 pm »
I believe there are many upon reading the first two or three paragraphs of the daily security briefing would literally piss themselves.

I guarantee that you're right about that.

btw, Bob Beckel on The Five this evening, screamed that Dick Cheney, single-handedly, through his lies, brought us into Iraq.

The left is stark raving mad about this man, and it's a bit disturbing to see some of it pop up here.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2014, 10:46:58 pm »

I think if you would sit down in daily security briefings you may develop a paranoia too. The threat to us by radical Islam is real, and I'm one that is kind of glad I don't know everything Cheney knows about it.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline olde north church

« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2014, 10:57:52 pm »
I guarantee that you're right about that.

btw, Bob Beckel on The Five this evening, screamed that Dick Cheney, single-handedly, through his lies, brought us into Iraq.

The left is stark raving mad about this man, and it's a bit disturbing to see some of it pop up here.

Beckel is the side show there!  Bolling is getting to be on my last nerve lately.  He's the epitome of Kruschev's "rope" example.
Why?  Well, because I'm a bastard, that's why.

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2014, 11:46:56 pm »

When you've seen, read, and heard all of the intelligence reports that Cheney has seen, then you have a right to comment on his opinion.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton