Author Topic: Thad Cochran wins GOP nomination in Mississippi  (Read 5733 times)

Offline Carling

Re: Thad Cochran wins GOP nomination in Mississippi
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2014, 12:37:00 am »

Let me ask you a question:  Are any of the things the mailer accuses McDaniel of untrue?

I don't know.  Does the Tea Party use the terms "Democrats" and "African-Americans" as interchangeable synonyms?  I highly doubt it.  Do you think that's true?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 12:39:39 am by Carling »
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline Carling

« Reply #51 on: June 26, 2014, 12:39:19 am »
Claim from the flyer.

"We know that the Tea Party uses "Democrats" as code for "African-Americans."

Do you agree with this, sinkspur?  Do you find it to be truthful?  I have to say that I've never on this board seen any of the Tea Party group here use those words in that manner. 
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 12:40:29 am by Carling »

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #52 on: June 26, 2014, 12:48:58 am »
Nobody can seriously claim that Cockroach won. He did not win the "Republican" primary. He won the Democrat primary of who the Democrats want the Republican to be.

There is no question that he 'cheated', at least ethically, and possibly criminally. The bottom line is that he is illegitimate, by any normal standards of honorable behavior and conduct.

The man is a disgrace to his Party, to his State, to his Country, to his religion, to his family, and most of all, to himself. He should do us all a favor and go and kill himself. He is a pathetic POS!
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Carling

« Reply #53 on: June 26, 2014, 12:52:31 am »
Nobody can seriously claim that Cockroach won. He did not win the "Republican" primary. He won the Democrat primary of who the Democrats want the Republican to be.

There is no question that he 'cheated', at least ethically, and possibly criminally. The bottom line is that he is illegitimate, by any normal standards of honorable behavior and conduct.

The man is a disgrace to his Party, to his State, to his Country, to his religion, to his family, and most of all, to himself. He should do us all a favor and go and kill himself. He is a pathetic POS!

He used legal means to win the primary.  I don't see how a legal challenge works by McDaniel.

The real shame is the tactics he used to win the primary.  He's an entrenched GOP pol who just took a gigantic dump on a life-long Republican by allowing McDaniel to be labeled a racist by surrogates.  This is one of the main reasons many are so upset with DC, and seeing a poster like sinkspur, who I've respected for years dating back to TOS, seemingly support these Dem tactics of personal destruction against a fellow GOP candidate is a real disappointment for me.   :shrug:

I've called out these same tactics when lesser Tea Party candidates have used them, too.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 12:53:22 am by Carling »

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2014, 01:20:52 am »
He used legal means to win the primary.  I don't see how a legal challenge works by McDaniel.

The real shame is the tactics he used to win the primary.  He's an entrenched GOP pol who just took a gigantic dump on a life-long Republican by allowing McDaniel to be labeled a racist by surrogates.  This is one of the main reasons many are so upset with DC, and seeing a poster like sinkspur, who I've respected for years dating back to TOS, seemingly support these Dem tactics of personal destruction against a fellow GOP candidate is a real disappointment for me.   :shrug:

I've called out these same tactics when lesser Tea Party candidates have used them, too.

He subverted 'legal' rules which were designed for people of ethical and moral standing, which he has none. What he did may be "legal", but it was a legal dirty trick.

Nobody is slapping him on the back at the GOP. Even the GOPe is saying, "Damn man!, I know you went there, but damn, I could not have done it."

He went there. He crossed the third rail. Politically speaking, win or lose, he is a dead man, or you might say, a man living with no honor and no soul.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Carling

« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2014, 01:22:41 am »

He subverted 'legal' rules which were designed for people of ethical and moral standing, which he has none. What he did may be "legal", but it was a legal dirty trick.

Nobody is slapping him on the back at the GOP. Even the GOPe is saying, "Damn man!, I know you went there, but damn, I could not have done it."

He went there. He crossed the third rail. Politically speaking, win or lose, he is a dead man, or you might say, a man living with no honor and no soul.

None of that was illegal, which is my point.   It's why I find talk of a legal challenge to be a waste of time.  Did you even read my posts?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 01:23:47 am by Carling »

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2014, 01:26:27 am »
yeah, I read it. I was addressing you and agree with you, even about sink. I did not mean to contradict you.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2014, 01:32:13 am »
I don't know.  Does the Tea Party use the terms "Democrats" and "African-Americans" as interchangeable synonyms?  I highly doubt it.  Do you think that's true?

You don't know? 

Well, they are all true.  So, is repeating something that's true a "smear"?  How can that be?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2014, 01:33:19 am »
Claim from the flyer.

"We know that the Tea Party uses "Democrats" as code for "African-Americans."

Do you agree with this, sinkspur?  Do you find it to be truthful?  I have to say that I've never on this board seen any of the Tea Party group here use those words in that manner.

No. 

Did some of McDaniel's operatives get into Cochran's wife's room and take pictures of her?  What in hell was that all about?

Offline Carling

« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2014, 01:37:17 am »
No. 

Did some of McDaniel's operatives get into Cochran's wife's room and take pictures of her?  What in hell was that all about?

I don't know, but I do know that McDaniel denounced it immediately, and nothing came of it.  Not quite the same as sending mailers to black communities calling your GOP opponent a racist, though.

You're losing me here.  I always thought you were objective.  Guess not.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2014, 01:42:03 am »

You're a hysterical jackanape who shouldn't be allowed in public without a harness and a leash.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2014, 01:44:32 am »
I don't know, but I do know that McDaniel denounced it immediately, and nothing came of it.  Not quite the same as sending mailers to black communities calling your GOP opponent a racist, though.

In fact, he DIDN'T deny it immediately.  When it was brought to his attention, he put off the reporter for two hours and, later, when he was asked about it in an interview, said "Well, we had a lot going on." 

I don't really care about that.  What I do care about is winning the Senate, and McDaniel's past would have fed a media meme that he's a crazy racist. 

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2014, 01:51:46 am »

I AM objective. 

Where's Levin's evidence that Haley Barbour was behind those ads?  If he has it, why not produce it NOW, when it would have maximum effect?

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2014, 02:23:04 am »
Now I have to listen to all the far left loons, like sinkspur, come on TV and the internet and defend the Cockroach.

Now listen, we have far left lunatics, defending, Thad Cockroach. What does that say? We now have the Liberal far-Left brand of Democrats "defending" a Republican! Jesus! Are you blind?

Cockroach sold his soul to the Democrats to win. And not only did he sell his honor, his dignity, his life, and his soul to the Democrats, but he signed it with his own blood. He sold his soul to the devil, and now they are defending him.

He is now officially a Liberal Democrat, regardless of whatever letter he decides to put in front of his name. I hope he goes down in flames. I hope he goes straight to hell.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #64 on: June 26, 2014, 02:45:16 am »
This guy is the political version of Bowe Bergdahl. He pretends to be on one side, but when attacked, like an Iraqi, he folds up his uniform and joins the other side. Anything to stay alive brother, anything to win!

Any true Republican who votes for this meaningless, old, POS, deserves what they get. And that is, more Liberal-Democrat agenda.

He is NOT a Republican. He is a power politics money-monger. Party titles mean nothing to him.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 02:48:54 am by 240B »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #65 on: June 26, 2014, 02:47:25 am »
Thad Cochran will win the general election over Childers.  He is NOT going down in flames..

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #66 on: June 26, 2014, 02:52:08 am »
Now I have to listen to all the far left loons, like sinkspur, come on TV and the internet and defend the Cockroach.

Now listen, we have far left lunatics, defending, Thad Cockroach. What does that say? We now have the Liberal far-Left brand of Democrats "defending" a Republican! Jesus! Are you blind?

Cockroach sold his soul to the Democrats to win. And not only did he sell his honor, his dignity, his life, and his soul to the Democrats, but he signed it with his own blood. He sold his soul to the devil, and now they are defending him.

He is now officially a Liberal Democrat, regardless of whatever letter he decides to put in front of his name. I hope he goes down in flames. I hope he goes straight to hell.

You should stop.  You come across as a babbling fool.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #67 on: June 26, 2014, 02:53:00 am »
Thad Cochran will win the general election over Childers.  He is NOT going down in flames..

I read your post about a nose count. But, if you were not so myopic maybe you could see past the nose.

This guy is a disgrace. He is not worthy of the title, 'Republican'. 13th commandment? When is enough, enough?

He has to go. He has done something that nobody thought was even possible. All to win, at any cost.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2014, 03:04:29 am »

I read your post about a nose count. But, if you were not so myopic maybe you could see past the nose.

This guy is a disgrace. He is not worthy of the title, 'Republican'. 13th commandment? When is enough, enough?

He has to go. He has done something that nobody thought was even possible. All to win, at any cost.

He is not going "to go."  Cochran is going to win another six year term.

Your guy got out hustled. 

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
Re: Mississippi calling it for Cochran 98% votes in
« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2014, 03:09:26 am »
When Limbo urged such pranks, conservatives thought it was really cool.

Now they paint themselves, as they frequently do, as victims.

Perzactly.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #70 on: June 26, 2014, 03:14:16 am »
He is not going "to go."  Cochran is going to win another six year term.

Your guy got out hustled.

Well, you got me. That is exactly what we need. That is, by your own definition, another "hustler" politician. Congratulations, for what it is worth.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Mississippi calling it for Cochran 98% votes in
« Reply #71 on: June 26, 2014, 03:35:48 am »
Perzactly.

First, what Rush said as his Operation Chaos was a joke. It was never meant to importune actual action.

Second, realizing the sarcasm, no one actually did it.

Third, Rush never asked for RoboCalls claiming Hillary is a racist, as the cockroach did. Rush never said Hillary hates Black people and does not want them to vote, as the cockroach did.

No. Nothing Rush ever said can compare to what happened. Rush was kidding around. This guy did it for real. He did operation chaos in a very real, and nasty, and disgusting way.

This is nothing like anything Rush, or me, would ever, ever, do. He crossed lines that can never be uncrossed.

It is one thing to joke around and have fun, but that is not what cockroach was doing. He took it to another level.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2014, 03:38:47 am by 240B »

Offline speekinout

« Reply #72 on: June 26, 2014, 03:52:30 am »
McDaniels was never going to win the Senate seat. A vote for McDaniels is a vote for Harry Reid as Senate majority leader. Is that really what so many of you want to see?

There is a gold mine of irresponsible comments from McDaniels' radio show, and the dims would make sure that everyone heard them. Cochran used some of them, but they were only the tip of the iceberg. How many of these "pure" conservatives do we need to see lose GOP seats before we look for electable GOPers first?

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #73 on: June 26, 2014, 04:51:10 am »
McDaniels was never going to win the Senate seat. A vote for McDaniels is a vote for Harry Reid as Senate majority leader. Is that really what so many of you want to see?

There is a gold mine of irresponsible comments from McDaniels' radio show, and the dims would make sure that everyone heard them. Cochran used some of them, but they were only the tip of the iceberg. How many of these "pure" conservatives do we need to see lose GOP seats before we look for electable GOPers first?
The so called Tea Party is being led around by a few entertainers (talk radio stars) and fundraisers.

It suits both to continue with the paradigm of replacing Republicans with other Republicans.

What is missing is good judgment, skill, priorities, etc. When they fail, they claim victimhood.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Carling

« Reply #74 on: June 26, 2014, 05:09:48 am »
You don't know? 

Well, they are all true.  So, is repeating something that's true a "smear"?  How can that be?

Wow.  Didn't expect this from you.  Does saying something that can't be disproved now constitute truth to you? 

When was the last time you hit your wife?  It's not a smear, because it's a question.