Author Topic: Republicans in this State Just Took Steps To Impeach Obama!  (Read 651 times)

rangerrebew

Republicans in this State Just Took Steps To Impeach Obama!

Author:  Editor

Posted: June 24, 2014

Recent media reports show the South Dakota Republican party joined together to pass a resolution demanding Barack Obama be impeached. Among the reasons listed is the recent release of five dangerous terrorists in a deal with the Taliban to return Bowe Bergdahl, a hostage described by his fellow soldiers as an Army deserter.

From the Argus Leader:

The South Dakota Republican Party state convention passed a resolution calling for the impeachment of President Barack Obama Saturday.

The resolution says Obama has “violated his oath of office in numerous ways.” It specifically cites the release of five Taliban combatants in a trade for captive U.S. soldier Bowe Bergdahl, Obama’s statement that people could keep insurance companies, and recent EPA regulations on power plants.

“Therefore, be it resolved that the South Dakota Republican Party calls on our U.S. Representatives to initiate impeachment proceedings against the president of the United States,” the resolution reads.

Allen Unruh of Sioux Falls sponsored the resolution.

“I’ve got a thick book on impeachable offenses of the president,” Unruh said, calling on South Dakota to “send a symbolic message that liberty shall be the law of the land.”

Delegate David Wheeler of Beadle County disagreed.

“I believe we should not use the power of impeachment for political purposes,” Wheeler said. “By doing this, we would look petty, like we can’t achieve our political goals through the political process.”

Larry Eliason of Potter County agreed, noting that he opposed the impeachment resolution even though “the only thing (Obama’s) done the last six years that I approve of is when he adopted a pet.”

But Larry Klipp of Butte County, a retired Marine, said matters go beyond mere political disagreements with Obama.

“If anyone in this room cannot see the horrendous, traitorous scandals run by the Obama administration, I will pray for you,” Klipp said.

The vote was relatively close (191-176), and unfortunately Rep. Kristi Noem, South Dakota’s lone delegate in the House of Representatives — which has the power to initiate impeachment proceedings — is not supportive of the resolution yet.

However, while this resolution might ultimately fail to gain traction in the way it needs, it is yet another example of the growing trend among experts and elected officials who believe Obama’s actions as president warrant a full criminal investigation.

Read more: http://www.thepoliticalinsider.com/republicans-state-impeach-obama/#ixzz35atg1oTw

Oceander

Re: Republicans in this State Just Took Steps To Impeach Obama!
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 10:19:08 pm »
oh yay!  way to give the democrats their favorite talking points.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 10:25:35 pm »
oh yay!  way to give the democrats their favorite talking points.
Obama really does deserve to be impeached, but "conservatives" shot their wads over Clinton's sexcapades, in the eyes of the voting public.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 11:37:58 pm »
No.  Impeachment allows Obama to hide behind criticisms of extremist Republicans.

Let him twist in the wind.  His presidency is completely falling apart.  The country has turned against him (outside the most ardent Democrats)  and if he goes into Iraq with the military again, even THEY will turn throw him under the bus.

The incompetency of Barack Obama is on full display.  I'm loving to watch this pompous little cretin humiliated in the polls, although it may not pierce his phenomenal narcissism.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 12:12:29 am »
For me this is a dilemma.

While I fully believe that Obama has done many things for which he deserves impeachment, and that calls for it are justified, I also see the other side of the coin as mentioned in the posts above.

Is this putting politics over principle?

I truly don't believe it is, because I believe the greatest principle is helping Obama diminish his presidency and extreme politics and defeating extreme leftism, but at the same time I understand why people would see this as doing the wrong thing for the right reason........or the inverse.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 12:42:03 am »
I have kept the "Clinton Impeached" news paper. On the day I bought that paper I was certain that Bill Clinton was history, that his presidency about to end in disgrace. But shockingly Bill Clinton received the highest job approval ratings of his administration during the Lewinsky/impeachment controversy. As the Lewinsky situation unfolded, Clinton's job approval went up, not down, and his ratings remained high for the duration of the impeachment proceedings, and climbed even more afterward to the end of his term. Impeachment causes a rally around the accused reaction, especially if the accused is on the Left.  Impeachment is very dangerous waters  and they better know what they are doing and be certain of a conviction before they go there. And then think about the aftermath and the lasting perception people have of the Republicans.   
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Oceander

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2014, 12:49:12 am »
Obama really does deserve to be impeached, but "conservatives" shot their wads over Clinton's sexcapades, in the eyes of the voting public.

I agree that he deserves it when considered solely in isolation; I also agree that republicans did serious damage to that option with the Clinton idiocy; however, I would also add that until some number of democrats start getting on board impeachment will not work as a political matter.

rangerrebew

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2014, 05:37:39 pm »
If this is about political ping pong, why not him up for impeachment, go through the proceedings, and then have republicans vote not to impeach to show how "pro diversity" they are and that they aren't trying to make him a scapegoat?  The important thing is to air the dirty laundry.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2014, 06:35:20 pm »
Impeachment? The first black president? The political fallout would be earth shattering, not to mention dangerous to inner city America. No, when it comes to impeachment let's keep in mind Newton's Third Law: for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Impeachment proceedings would all but insure a lifeline for Obama's failed presidency.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2014, 06:41:21 pm »
Impeachment? The first black president? The political fallout would be earth shattering, not to mention dangerous to inner city America. No, when it comes to impeachment let's keep in mind Newton's Third Law: for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.

Impeachment proceedings would all but insure a lifeline for Obama's failed presidency.

History will, of course, judge this failure to act more accurately and quite differently...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan