Author Topic: Rep. Gowdy tells the IRS why destroying evidence is bad  (Read 270 times)

Online rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
Rep. Gowdy tells the IRS why destroying evidence is bad
« on: June 24, 2014, 12:31:12 PM »
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 12:31:54 PM by rangerrebew »
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline GourmetDan

Re: Rep. Gowdy tells the IRS why destroying evidence is bad
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 12:56:32 PM »

If a U.S. citizen committed the same 'errors' and used the same excuses that the administration has, they would be in jail.

If we lived under the rule-of-law, the administration would be too...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Fishrrman

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 09:11:07 PM »
Something to consider regarding the "missing" backups from the computers of Lerner and others who are involved in the IRS intimidation conspiracy....

It may be improbable, but I'm wondering if at some point in the past just after the conspiracy was initiated if the backup system/software on Lerner's computer (and on the computers of others) was deliberately disengaged, turned off, etc.

Thus, no backups will be located because the backups never actually took place.

Without backups, then destroy the hard drives on the computers involved, and...?

Of course, there are still "vectors" by which the incriminating emails might be recovered. As a very last resort, I suspect that the NSA would have copies. (Then again, there's no telling just how deep the hands of corruption reach within this administration, and it would be prudent to assume that almost all at the higher levels of government are "dirty".)

I'm guessing that word has been delivered to anyone who was the recipient of Ms. Lerner's emails to destroy all their copies. I'll also reckon that most have done so.

However, somewhere out there, there may be one or more individuals who decided that they'd better "keep a record", if the administration's guns are suddenly pointed at them. Just as Monica did with that famous blue dress.

At some point, they may come forward voluntarily, reminiscent of James McCord. Or perhaps they'll be rooted out by someone in the media, if there's anyone left capable of doing that.

Even once found, it may take some persuadin' to get them to come clean...

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2014, 09:00:00 AM »
Something to consider regarding the "missing" backups from the computers of Lerner and others who are involved in the IRS intimidation conspiracy....

It may be improbable, but I'm wondering if at some point in the past just after the conspiracy was initiated if the backup system/software on Lerner's computer (and on the computers of others) was deliberately disengaged, turned off, etc.

Thus, no backups will be located because the backups never actually took place.

Without backups, then destroy the hard drives on the computers involved, and...?

I wouldn't think so.  The hard drive isn't the primary storage device any more.  The network server is primary and that is always backed up, at least daily.  The technology went that way years ago for the very reasons you cite.  Too many C: drives not getting backed up by accident or otherwise.  That is why the network server became primary.  Fewer devices to monitor for back ups and data protection.

You might have copies of emails on your hard drive to take some of the data access load off of the server, but the server is the primary storage device; not the hard drive.

That's how you can tell that an uninformed politician/bureaucrat came up with this lie.  A technical person would know better...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf