Author Topic: Biden: “I Don’t Own a Single Stock or Bond”, has 11 Investment Funds  (Read 302 times)

rangerrebew

- FrontPage Magazine - http://www.frontpagemag.com -

Biden: “I Don’t Own a Single Stock or Bond”, has 11 Investment Funds

Posted By Daniel Greenfield On June 23, 2014 @ 12:32 pm In The Point | 11 Comments

Can Democrats running in 2016 give the fake class warfare a rest? First Hillary claimed that she left the White House broke (and bought two mansions) and that after making $100 million she’s not truly well off.

Now, never one to let his foot leave his mouth for too long, Joe Biden had to jump in and cry poverty.

Hoping to establish credibility with the audience, which was gathered to discuss ways to improve working conditions for working families, Biden reminded people that he used to be the poorest member in Congress (in reality, the poorest member of the Senate) even though he now makes “a lot of money” as vice president ($230,700) and had “a mildly expensive suit on” for the event.

“Don’t hold it against me that I don’t own a single stock or bond,” Biden said. “I have no savings account but I got a great pension and I got a good salary. For real.”

But Biden’s financial disclosure for the year 2013, which was filed last month, shows that he has both a savings account and 11 different investment funds.

CBS describes that as “understated his personal financial situation just a tad”. Lying like crazy might be more accurate.

This isn’t the first time Joe Biden pretended to be middle class… because he only makes around $400k a year.

Biden suggested Tuesday in remarks to the National Council of La Raza in Las Vegas, puts him squarely in the middle class:

“For middle class folks like me and most of you, owning a home is maybe the single most consequential element of our existence to be able to provide for our families.”

Sure, sure. Biden is just getting by.

In Philadelphia on Wednesday, Biden stoked passive-aggressive resentment of the 1 percenters. “The wealthy,” he sniveled. “God bless ‘em,” he snarked. “I wish my kids would become wealthy,” he sighed.

Meanwhile here’s what some of Poor Joe’s even poorer relations have been up to.

Hunter Biden now fronts Eudora Global, “a uniquely organized growth and acquisition firm focused on purchasing and accelerating the development of high potential enterprises in industries that meet its selective investment profile.”

James Biden isn’t a big name in the business of residential housing development, so what exactly qualifies him to work at a construction company and share in the winnings of a $1.5 billion project to build affordable homes in Iraq?

Vice President Joe Biden’s brother and son ran a fund of hedge funds marketed by companies controlled by disgraced Texas billionaire R. Allen Stanford, who faces massive fraud accusations, the Wall Street Journal reports.

The $50 million fund was jointly branded between the Biden family’s Paradigm Global Advisors LLC and a Stanford Financial Group entity and was called the Paradigm Stanford Capital Management Core Alternative Fund, according to the report published Monday in the Wall Street Journal.

No stocks and bonds to see here. Just middle class folks.

Article printed from FrontPage Magazine: http://www.frontpagemag.com

URL to article: http://www.frontpagemag.com/2014/dgreenfield/biden-i-dont-own-a-single-stock-or-bond-has-11-investment-funds/