Author Topic: Trey Gowdy OWNS Irs Commissioner John Koskinen.  (Read 1319 times)

Offline Carling

Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline PzLdr

Re: Trey Gowdy OWNS Irs Commissioner John Koskinen.
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 04:38:13 am »
The phrase from Law School was, "Ripped him a new one".
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Offline R4 TrumPence

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 05:52:04 am »
Awesome!! I love Trey 13291

I am Repub4Bush on FR '02

Offline Carling

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 05:55:35 am »
I'm absolutely stunned that a partisan Democrat is the head of the IRS, the Dems are backing him, and their voters seem to be OK with this.

This is how fascist nations are born.  Trey Gowdy had better hire a good security team.  I don't see him lasting long, given how much smarter he is than almost everyone else in DC.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 02:08:35 pm »
heartening to see, hopefully his words will be backed up by action.

Offline Millee

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2014, 02:39:27 pm »
I could listen to Trey speak all day.

Offline Relic

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2014, 02:52:53 pm »
I'm absolutely stunned that a partisan Democrat is the head of the IRS, the Dems are backing him, and their voters seem to be OK with this.

This is how fascist nations are born.  Trey Gowdy had better hire a good security team.  I don't see him lasting long, given how much smarter he is than almost everyone else in DC.

I have noticed that we are polarized to a frightening degree. Both sides. As one side begins to excuse almost anything their people do, the other side replies in kind. We've come to the point where criminal wrongdoing is ok, as long as it's your party doing it. I don't know how this happened, but it's a direct, huge benefit to the political elite.

And I think I'm getting a man crush on Trey Gowdy. What I have seen and heard from him shows he is bright, well spoken, direct, and mentally nimble.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2014, 02:55:22 pm »

PWNED...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2014, 03:23:24 pm »
I have noticed that we are polarized to a frightening degree. Both sides. As one side begins to excuse almost anything their people do, the other side replies in kind. We've come to the point where criminal wrongdoing is ok, as long as it's your party doing it. I don't know how this happened, but it's a direct, huge benefit to the political elite.

And I think I'm getting a man crush on Trey Gowdy. What I have seen and heard from him shows he is bright, well spoken, direct, and mentally nimble.

You're not the only one!  It hit me this morning - would it not suck if you were on trial and found out that Trey Gowdy was going to be your prosecuter? 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Oceander

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2014, 03:44:06 pm »
You're not the only one!  It hit me this morning - would it not suck if you were on trial and found out that Trey Gowdy was going to be your prosecuter? 

that would depend on how even-handed he was; the worst sort of prosecutor is the one who sees each case as a chance to cut another notch in his briefcase rather than following the ethical injunction to see that justice is done (which includes leniency on the accused when wisdom, not politics, suggests it's appropriate).

Offline speekinout

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2014, 08:24:50 pm »

If I was innocent, I'd welcome Trey as the prosecutor. If I was guilty, I'd do a plea bargain. Adding that amount of humiliation to a sentence is just too much!

Can the other GOPers just give all of their time to Trey? He's sure fun to watch. And Koskinen couldn't have looked more uncomfortable. He must have needed a change of underwear after that.  :beer:

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2014, 09:51:46 pm »
Koskinen really thinks he can sit there and stare down guys like Gowdy, recite talking points and just gut this out.  He is so far out of his league its amazing...

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2014, 10:11:55 pm »
Koskinen really thinks he can sit there and stare down guys like Gowdy, recite talking points and just gut this out.  He is so far out of his league its amazing...

I'm still waiting for any evidence that he can't do exactly that...  I've been following these hearings and they certainly have offered some great entertainment, but I doubt that anything is going to come from them.  Another one of those "I hope that I am wrong!" things.   :shrug:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2014, 11:15:07 pm »
Okay...I simply adore Trey Gowdy.  He's smart, articulate and fearless.  Godspeed, sir!

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2014, 11:18:29 pm »
heartening to see, hopefully his words will be backed up by action.

:amen:  :amen:  :amen:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien