Author Topic: Chelsea Clinton tried to care about money but couldn't  (Read 416 times)

Offline flowers

Chelsea Clinton tried to care about money but couldn't
« on: June 23, 2014, 11:26:43 AM »

Offline flowers

Re: Chelsea Clinton tried to care about money but couldn't
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 11:27:44 AM »
NY daily news owes me a new keyboard and screen. Coffee all over them right now after reading this one!!!

Offline Millee

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 11:53:02 AM »
Could this family just please go away.  :chairbang:

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 11:54:06 AM »
Give up the $10 million apartment and I'll believe ya, sweetie.
A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Online rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 08:33:00 AM »
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2014, 11:46:37 AM »

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2014, 06:40:00 PM »

Offline AbaraXas

• ?? ??????? ?????
  • Technical
  • Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2014, 06:57:01 PM »
Seriously, if I lived in a 10.5 million dollar flat, carried an Amex Black Card, and had access to hundreds of millions through my parents foundation, I would care little about money. Care implies respect and responsibility. It is like air. You don't really care about it until you choke, you don't even think about it.

If she had to actually work for it or create a budget for important items, she would care a lot for it because she would understand what it really means.

She doesn't need to. She gets her stuff and the perks of it without having to think about it.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2014, 11:28:42 AM »
Seriously, if I lived in a 10.5 million dollar flat, carried an Amex Black Card, and had access to hundreds of millions through my parents foundation, I would care little about money. Care implies respect and responsibility. It is like air. You don't really care about it until you choke, you don't even think about it.

If she had to actually work for it or create a budget for important items, she would care a lot for it because she would understand what it really means.

She doesn't need to. She gets her stuff and the perks of it without having to think about it.

I have noted that is usually has the opposite effect. Most misers do seem to come from well to do backgrounds. To pull a Clinton here, it depends how you define the word Care.

Does she mean "don't care" in the sense that since it's always available she gives it about as much thought as her next breath of air? Or does she mean "don't care" in the sense that she is indifferent to money and material possessions.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2014, 11:36:17 AM »
Does she mean "don't care" in the sense that since it's always available she gives it about as much thought as her next breath of air? Or does she mean "don't care" in the sense that she is indifferent to money and material possessions.
Must be the former, i.e., she's used to having great piles of undeserved wealth lying around, ever since she was a tot. If it were the latter, she'd probably be living in a more modest home.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2014, 11:45:13 AM »
Must be the former, i.e., she's used to having great piles of undeserved wealth lying around, ever since she was a tot. If it were the latter, she'd probably be living in a more modest home.

I strongly suspect you are right. People throw money at her because of who her parents are and - to a lesser extent - who her husband is.

Yet the alternative is there - maybe she really doesn't care. That she lives in an expensive place because it's expected by the circles she moves in, not because it is what she particularly wants. Sometimes I do try to be generous and see the good in people! That can be a strain.  :shrug:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf