Author Topic: FGM in Sweden: 28 Immigrant Girls in One Class Severely Cut  (Read 3208 times)

rangerrebew

FGM in Sweden: 28 Immigrant Girls in One Class Severely Cut

The girls were most likely second-generation immigrants cut during summer trips to their home countries during school vacation.

Sun, June 22, 2014

A Swedish school has found that immigrant girls have been subjected to severe forms of female genital mutilation (FGM).  Since March, school health services in a small Swedish town have seen 60 girls who have been cut, including 30 girls from one class alone.

Of those 30 girls, 28 had been subjected to one of the most severe forms of FGM

, where the clitoris and labia are completely removed with the area sown together with the exception of a small opening.
Somalians and Eritreans comprise large numbers of immigrants to Europe. Women in those countries are subjected to FGM at a rate of 98 and 90 percent, respectively.

Although specific information was not available about the Swedish girls, it is assumed that the girls are second generation immigrants, many having been cut during the summer vacation when girls are taken to their countries of origin for the procedure under the pretense of a family visit. 

With vacation approaching, authorities are concerned that more girls will be taken to be mutilated.  "We're working to inform parents that they could face prison if they come back and their children have undergone female genital mutilation," said Petra Blom Andersson, a student health coordinator in Norrköping who spoke to the newspaper, The Local.

FGM has been illegal in Sweden since 1982, punishable by a prison term of four years. The term can be increased to 10 years if the violation is found to be an aggravated offense.

In 1999, FGM also became illegal if the procedure was performed in a different country. Due to the influx of the large number of Somalians in Sweden during the 1990’s, the European Union’s Institute for Gender Equality (EIGE) considers FGM “to be a serious problem” in the country -- so much so, that a law was passed that allows a girl to be physically examined for FGM without her parents’ consent.

Yet, according to the European Commission, “while all EU member states have legal provisions in place to prosecute the perpetrators of FGM, either under general or specific criminal laws, prosecutions are very rare. This is due to difficulties detecting cases, gathering sufficient evidence, a reluctance to report a crime and, above all, a lack of knowledge about female genital mutilation.”

Offline musiclady

Re: FGM in Sweden: 28 Immigrant Girls in One Class Severely Cut
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 09:38:58 pm »
Once again, raising the question, HOW does the so-called 'feminist' left (in Sweden, and here in America) support Islam??

The other question that comes to mind, is, do the Swedes now regret the open arms they have shown Muslims now that they have done so much damage to their country..........not to mention helpless young women who are their fathers' property?
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 01:29:42 am »
musiclady asks:
[[ The other question that comes to mind, is, do the Swedes now regret the open arms they have shown Muslims now that they have done so much damage to their country..........not to mention helpless young women who are their fathers' property? ]]

The answer is no.

The Swedes are amongst the dumbest white folks that exist on the planet.

They will STILL support the increasing immigration of muslims, right up until the time the muslims begin cutting their throats, as well as girls' genitals...

Offline musiclady

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 02:04:36 am »
musiclady asks:
[[ The other question that comes to mind, is, do the Swedes now regret the open arms they have shown Muslims now that they have done so much damage to their country..........not to mention helpless young women who are their fathers' property? ]]

The answer is no.

The Swedes are amongst the dumbest white folks that exist on the planet.

They will STILL support the increasing immigration of muslims, right up until the time the muslims begin cutting their throats, as well as girls' genitals...

Apparently all of us highly intelligent Swedes emigrated to the US.    :patriot:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2014, 02:06:21 am »
Apparently all of us highly intelligent Swedes emigrated to the US.    :patriot:

yes we did!

Offline musiclady

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2014, 03:07:26 pm »
Once again, raising the question, HOW does the so-called 'feminist' left (in Sweden, and here in America) support Islam??

Not all followers of Islam are sexist womanizing extremists.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2014, 03:17:17 pm »
Not all followers of Islam are sexist womanizing extremists.

Then, why aren't the rest of them outraged by this?  It's been going on forever and I never hear of a contingent of Muslims standing up and stopping this barbarism. 

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline Dexter

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2014, 03:18:23 pm »
Then, why aren't the rest of them outraged by this?  It's been going on forever and I never hear of a contingent of Muslims standing up and stopping this barbarism.

It's a very slow work in progress but it is happening.

EDIT: Also don't forget that it wasn't even 100 years ago that women could not vote in the United States. Their culture is still in the process of modernizing.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 03:21:58 pm by Dex4974 »
-Socrates

Offline musiclady

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2014, 03:24:36 pm »
It's a very slow work in progress but it is happening.

EDIT: Also don't forget that it wasn't even 100 years ago that women could not vote in the United States. Their culture is still in the process of modernizing.

Comparing the disenfranchisement of women in America to the mutilation and abuse of Islam against women now, is a bit of a stretch, don't you think??    **nononono*

Offline Dexter

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2014, 03:27:22 pm »
Comparing the disenfranchisement of women in America to the mutilation and abuse of Islam against women now, is a bit of a stretch, don't you think??    **nononono*

I simply used it as an example to point out that it wasn't even 100 years ago that we ourselves began conquering sexism. Genital mutilation is carried out by a sick and extreme minority of people, and in no way do they represent the whole. There are millions of moral and peaceful Islamic people on Earth.
-Socrates

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2014, 03:35:41 pm »

I agree musiclady.  Frankly, as an American woman myself, I feel it's time for each special interest group here to stop whining about being a victim - of anything anymore.  Enough already!  War on Women - don't make me laugh!  Blacks still being oppressed?  Get out of here!

These muslim women really are victims of a war on women though.  I cannot believe that people are still having to deal with these issues in the 21st century.  We must tell these animals to go back to their homelands and we must isolate them - financially and societally - until they get the message and join the rest of us in integrating themselves into the modern world.  This has got to stop - and there are millions of Muslims that are just turning their eyes away and going about their business.  If I were a Muslim, this would not make me proud - to the point that I would not want to be smeared with their taint. 

Something like this would be enough for me to LEAVE a religion like that.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2014, 03:36:12 pm »
I simply used it as an example to point out that it wasn't even 100 years ago that we ourselves began conquering sexism. Genital mutilation is carried out by a sick and extreme minority of people, and in no way do they represent the whole. There are millions of moral and peaceful Islamic people on Earth.

Again.......... the sexism of this country never, ever included mutilation of young women.

Even by a tiny minority.

The two situations cannot be compared.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2014, 03:39:57 pm »
Again.......... the sexism of this country never, ever included mutilation of young women.

Even by a tiny minority.

The two situations cannot be compared.

How would you feel if people all around the world used the Westboro Baptist Church's actions to label all Christians in the USA? No matter how heinous it is, a minority of people cannot be used to call the majority bad. Most followers of Islam are peaceful people that want to live good lives, just like us. Their culture is slowly catching up to the rest of us, and eventually these kinds of tragedies will be in the past.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 03:42:43 pm by Dex4974 »
-Socrates

Offline musiclady

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2014, 03:40:47 pm »
I agree musiclady.  Frankly, as an American woman myself, I feel it's time for each special interest group here to stop whining about being a victim - of anything anymore.  Enough already!  War on Women - don't make me laugh!  Blacks still being oppressed?  Get out of here!

These muslim women really are victims of a war on women though.  I cannot believe that people are still having to deal with these issues in the 21st century.  We must tell these animals to go back to their homelands and we must isolate them - financially and societally - until they get the message and join the rest of us in integrating themselves into the modern world.  This has got to stop - and there are millions of Muslims that are just turning their eyes away and going about their business.  If I were a Muslim, this would not make me proud - to the point that I would not want to be smeared with their taint. 

Something like this would be enough for me to LEAVE a religion like that.

I recommended the book on another thread, but I highly recommend the book, Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus by Nabeel Qureshi.

It gives his personal journey from devout (peaceful) Islam here in the West, through the process of history, exegesis and reason, and a factual analysis of Islam and Mohammed, to faith in Jesus Christ.

It doesn't address this issue specifically, but it did help me understand the mindset of one who has been brainwashed from birth into Islam, and why it is so difficult to speak out against it, and to leave.

This man did, but at great expense.  And perhaps the reason we don't see more of it is that there are so people of courage in this world.

(Dittos to what you said on the STUPID 'war on women' and racism memes of the left.  Enough of this lying garbage!)

Offline musiclady

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2014, 03:43:51 pm »
How would you feel if people all around the world used the Westboro Baptist Church's actions to label all Christians in the USA? No matter how heinous it is, a minority of people cannot be used to call the majority bad. Most followers of Islam are peaceful people that want to live good lives, just like us. Their culture is slowly catching up to the rest of us, and eventually these kinds of tragedy will be in the past.

Your mistake is believing that this "minority" of millions of savages will ever, EVER give their strongly held religious beliefs up.

They believe that what they are doing is Allah's will, and that even those peaceful Muslims are apostate.

Your Utopian view of what will happen in the Muslim world is in sharp contrast to what is happening, as we speak, in the Middle East.

These guys aren't going to "catch up culturally."  They are going to kill everyone in their path until they have built a Caliphate and dominate the world.

Wake up.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2014, 03:46:00 pm »
How would you feel if people all around the world used the Westboro Baptist Church's actions to label all Christians in the USA? No matter how heinous it is, a minority of people cannot be used to call the majority bad. Most followers of Islam are peaceful people that want to live good lives, just like us. Their culture is slowly catching up to the rest of us, and eventually these kinds of tragedies will be in the past.

btw, Westboro "Baptist" church is neither Baptist, nor Christian.  NO one who knows anything about them, thinks that.

Militant Islam is following closely what the Quran, and the Prophet, Mohammed teach.

And they DO kill other Muslims who disagree.

Ask the Sufis.

Oceander

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2014, 03:46:23 pm »
Your mistake is believing that this "minority" of millions of savages will ever, EVER give their strongly held religious beliefs up.

They believe that what they are doing is Allah's will, and that even those peaceful Muslims are apostate.

Your Utopian view of what will happen in the Muslim world is in sharp contrast to what is happening, as we speak, in the Middle East.

These guys aren't going to "catch up culturally."  They are going to kill everyone in their path until they have built a Caliphate and dominate the world.

Wake up.

the same could have been said with equal justification about the Christian Church during a large part of its history.  But here we are, with all of that in the distant past.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2014, 03:47:42 pm »
the same could have been said with equal justification about the Christian Church during a large part of its history.  But here we are, with all of that in the distant past.

Exactly, unchecked Christianity caused just as much horror as any religion ever will.
-Socrates

Offline Dexter

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2014, 03:48:50 pm »
btw, Westboro "Baptist" church is neither Baptist, nor Christian.  NO one who knows anything about them, thinks that.

Militant Islam is following closely what the Quran, and the Prophet, Mohammed teach.

And they DO kill other Muslims who disagree.

Ask the Sufis.

A Muslim would tell you that the extremists you're talking about are not real Muslims, and that nobody that knows anything about Islam would believe that.
-Socrates

Offline musiclady

« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2014, 03:49:43 pm »

BIG difference, Oceander.

What has been blamed on the "Christian Church" in the past is the result of "Christianity" and Politics, and the abuses were for political gain (see "Conquistadores").

The killing and maming of others in the name of Christ, is truthfully in direct opposition to the words of Jesus Christ.

Militant Islam IS doing what Mohammed wanted them to do.

BIG difference.

It's not "culture" that has fixed the Church.  Quite the contrary.  It's closer adherence to what Scripture actually teaches.

Offline Dexter

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2014, 03:50:50 pm »

What has been blamed on the "Christian Church" in the past is the result of "Christianity" and Politics, and the abuses were for political gain (see "Conquistadores").

The killing and maming of others in the name of Christ, is truthfully in direct opposition to the words of Jesus Christ.

BIG difference.

It's not "culture" that has fixed the Church.  Quite the contrary.  It's closer adherence to what Scripture actually teaches.

Have you ever read the Qur'an?
-Socrates

Oceander

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2014, 03:51:16 pm »

BIG difference.

There isn't a whit of difference.  go read some history.  It is precisely culture that fixed the Church.

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2014, 03:52:26 pm »
I recommended the book on another thread, but I highly recommend the book, Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus by Nabeel Qureshi.

It gives his personal journey from devout (peaceful) Islam here in the West, through the process of history, exegesis and reason, and a factual analysis of Islam and Mohammed, to faith in Jesus Christ.

It doesn't address this issue specifically, but it did help me understand the mindset of one who has been brainwashed from birth into Islam, and why it is so difficult to speak out against it, and to leave.

This man did, but at great expense.  And perhaps the reason we don't see more of it is that there are so people of courage in this world.

(Dittos to what you said on the STUPID 'war on women' and racism memes of the left.  Enough of this lying garbage!)

Thanks for the book recommendation.  The problem with"mainstream" Muslims effecting any change - is that they know they and their family will never be safe if they do.  Hell of a religion!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2014, 03:56:25 pm »
A Muslim would tell you that the extremists you're talking about are not real Muslims, and that nobody that knows anything about Islam would believe that.

Yeah........but they, themselves, don't know what their own religion teaches.  (There has been a militant sect of Islam from the beginning...........those who follow what Mohammed actually said).

There is nothing "Christian" in any of the hatred of Westboro Baptist Church, and it doesn't take a scholar to find it out.