Author Topic: Air Force Secretary Outlines Changes for Nuclear Force  (Read 412 times)

Online rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
Air Force Secretary Outlines Changes for Nuclear Force
« on: June 23, 2014, 09:19:29 AM »
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 09:20:10 AM by rangerrebew »
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

SPQR

Re: Air Force Secretary Outlines Changes for Nuclear Force
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 01:14:12 AM »
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 01:19:22 AM by Trigger »

Offline Oceander

• Technical
  • TBR Illuminati
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 09:52:53 AM »

SPQR

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 06:50:30 PM »

That's not really a meaningful comparison since the two devices - iPhone and ICBM - are built for two utterly different purposes and must operate in two utterly different contexts.  While extremely annoying, having your iPhone crash in mid-conversation, or having the browser freeze, is not the end of the world; having the software in an ICBM stop working mid-flight could be catastrophic.

AC Delco used to make missile guidance for Titan II missiles. You can get the same power from a I Phone using GPS or the Russian version GLONASS. I personally own a Titan II missile gyroscope that was given to me. The Russians are spending millions of rubles to upgrade their missiles while our land missiles date back to the Nixon Administration and they are talking to streching the force until 2025.

http://books.google.com/books?id=QymEXZIWEe8C&pg=PA171&lpg=PA171&dq=AC+Delco+and+Missile+Gyroscopes&source=bl&ots=qcO6IJCxZ4&sig=riq-QudV_NtiaXLk56MPJnibCpQ&hl=en&sa=X&ei=MACqU-SuL8idqAbhsoKQCA&ved=0CCMQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=AC%20Delco%20and%20Missile%20Gyroscopes&f=false

http://blog.nasm.si.edu/aviation/ballistic-missile-guidance-on-your-cell-phone/
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 12:47:18 AM by Trigger »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf