Author Topic: Hillary Clinton says she isn't truly "well off"  (Read 894 times)

Offline sinkspur

Hillary Clinton says she isn't truly "well off"
« on: June 22, 2014, 05:50:42 pm »
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/hillary-clinton-says-she-isnt-142020491.html;_ylt=AwrBJR9LCqdTbT0AmjeTmYlQ

Hillary Clinton Says She Isn't 'Truly Well Off'

By Hunter Walker
3 hours ago
AP

Hillary Clinton's multimillion dollar fortune has caused some negative headlines during the media tour for the release of her new book "Hard Choices," which is widely seen as a prelude to a potential 2016 presidential campaign.  Clinton responded to criticism of her wealth in an interview with the Guardian newspaper published Saturday night by suggesting Americans won't be concerned about the more than $100 million her family has reportedly earned in recent years because they're not "truly well off."

"They don't see me as part of the problem," Clinton said of Americans who are upset about income inequality, adding, "Because we pay ordinary income tax, unlike a lot of people who are truly well off, not to name names; and we've done it through dint of hard work."

Clinton earned an $8 million advance for her 2003 book "Living History" and her publisher is rumored to have paid "significantly more" for "Hard Choices." Additionally, Clinton reportedly earns $200,000 in speaking fees each time she makes a speech. Bill Clinton has reportedly made over $100 million in speaking fees since leaving office.

Earlier this month, Clinton caused controversy when she said she and her husband, former President Bill Clinton, were "dead broke" when he left the White House in 2000 and subsequently "struggled" to buy homes and pay for their daughter, Chelsea's, education. Chelsea Clinton's wealth also made headlines earlier this month after Politico reported she earned a $600,000 salary as a "special correspondent" for NBC News, a sum Business Insider noted seems to amount to $26,724 for each minute she was on air. 

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline sinkspur

Re: Hillary Clinton says she isn't truly "well off"
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 05:51:44 pm »
This grasping, grifting bitch just continues to step in it when discussing money.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2014, 06:10:01 pm »
Just like Harry Reid who claimed that there are no rich people in the Democrat party when he and his family alone are likely over 100 million or more. Not to mention Pelosi who is closing in on 100 million just by herself. And of course Soros who has more billions than most countries in the world, Al Gore, Hollywood weirdos, and a thousand more examples.

But Liberals are by their very nature delusional hypocrits. Truth, to them, is not fixed or based on 'fact'. Truth to a Liberal is whatever they want it to be at any given time or place. Truth is what they say it is, and if you disagree with their proclamations, or refute them with 'facts', their first reaction is always to lock you up somewhere and cut your head off. That is what they call 'debate'.

Liberals hate truth and facts. It drives them crazy.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2014, 06:55:17 pm »
This grasping, grifting bitch just continues to step in it when discussing money.

Yeah.  I think we've found our number one topic.   :smokin:

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2014, 07:53:26 pm »
Look at the pathetic book sales and the lack of interest in Hillary's interviews.

Voters are sick of her.  The more she talks, the more visible she is, the more they hate her.  We've seen this movie before.   Same with the Bushes.

Offline Carling

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2014, 02:06:28 am »
  We've seen this movie before.   Same with the Bushes.

I must have missed "the Bushes" late-night appearances and book tours.  No need to take a shot at "the Bushes."  People got sick of them because the media slammed W non-stop for 8 years, and because W pushed his amnesty stuff, and we in the GOP aren't enough of lemmings to let him get away with it.  Some Dem voters would allow their pols to rape their kids, IMO, and then tell everybody how wonderful it is for their kids.
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2014, 02:18:16 am »
I must have missed "the Bushes" late-night appearances and book tours.  No need to take a shot at "the Bushes."  People got sick of them because the media slammed W non-stop for 8 years, and because W pushed his amnesty stuff, and we in the GOP aren't enough of lemmings to let him get away with it.  Some Dem voters would allow their pols to rape their kids, IMO, and then tell everybody how wonderful it is for their kids.

I only include the Bushes in this because, surely, we can find leaders who don't come from one or two families in this country.

Offline speekinout

« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2014, 02:39:13 am »
I only include the Bushes in this because, surely, we can find leaders who don't come from one or two families in this country.

Our culture is turning into a celebrity culture. The big names count for a lot. The next leader might be michele 0bama. Or maybe one of the Kardashians. They have much more name recognition than say a Jindal or a Walker.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2014, 02:49:17 am »
That is why Cloony is running for Gov. You know, because of all of his qualifications and political experience.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Oceander

« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2014, 03:59:32 am »
Ye gods.

Offline mountaineer

The dead broke Clintons
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2014, 03:53:22 pm »
Bill Clinton: We Go to the Grocery Store
by Keith Koffler on June 25, 2014, 9:27 am

Bill Clinton Tuesday dumped a little more kerosene on Hillary’s Poor Little Rich Girl firestorm, insisting that he and his kinfolk Hillary and Chelsea are just regular ‘ole neighborly good people.
I think I had the lowest net worth of any American President in the 20th century when I took office, but I still could have been tone-deaf.

And, you know, now I don’t, and we’ve got a good life, and I’m grateful for it. But we go to our local grocery store on the weekend. We talk to people in our town. We know what’s going on.
Their town? Their town is Chappaqua, NY, listed by CNN Money as #10 on its list of ‘Top-earning towns” with a median income of $219,000 and a median home price of $825,000. Bill’s statement perfectly highlights how out of touch they in fact are.

The former president went on to suggest Hillary’s assertion of post-White House impoverishment, the one that originally got her into jacuzzi-temperature water, was “factually true” and he insisted that “she’s not out of touch.”
It is factually true that we were several million dollars in debt. Everybody now assumes that what happened in the intervening years was automatic; I’m shocked that it’s happened. I’m shocked that people still want me to come give talks.
It’s becoming factually true – excuse the redundancy – that the Clintons are previewing a Hillary presidential campaign likely to be no less disastrous than the last one.

Offline GourmetDan

Re: The dead broke Clintons
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2014, 04:40:59 pm »

I think I had the lowest net worth of any American President in the 20th century when I took office, but I still could have been tone-deaf.

Obviously he's counting on people not recognizing the difference between 'when he took office' and 'when they left office'.

Most assuredly a high-probability wager these days, as far as the media goes anyway...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan