Author Topic: Paul: US has been arming ISIS in Syria  (Read 325 times)

Offline flowers

Paul: US has been arming ISIS in Syria
« on: June 22, 2014, 04:08:47 pm »
http://thehill.com/policy/international/210168-us-has-been-arming-isis-in-syria-sen-paul-claims

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) said Sunday that the Sunni militants taking over Iraq have quickly gained power because the United States has armed their group in Syria. 

“I think we have to understand first how we got here,” he said on CNN’s “State of the Union.” “We have been arming [the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria] ISIS in Syria.”

ISIS, an al Qaeda offshoot, has been collaborating with the Syrian rebels whom the Obama administration has been arming in their efforts to overthrow Syrian President Bashar al-Assad, Paul explained.

ADVERTISEMENT
The administration has reportedly assisted the moderate opposition in Syria, but details about the dissemination of those resources are unclear.

“That is the real contradiction to this whole policy,” Paul said. “If we were to get rid of Assad,” it would become a “jihadist wonderland in Syria.”

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
Re: Paul: US has been arming ISIS in Syria
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2014, 04:12:36 pm »
All of this is exactly why we need to become isolationist again and let everybody else deal with their own crap.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates