Author Topic: DISGRACEFUL! Vietnamese American told to take down his American flag from Texas apartment because it is “a threat to the Muslim community”  (Read 564 times)

rangerrebew

Jun

DISGRACEFUL! Vietnamese American told to take down his American flag from Texas apartment because it is “a threat to the Muslim community”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzU94DJ0RYY

A Webster man says his apartment complex manager told him his American flag was a “threat to the Muslim community,” and that he has to take it down. But he’s not giving up without a fight. Duy Tran says, one thing is clear: “The flag means a lot to me.”

American-Flag-Fight-Lead

KHOU  He’s talking about his American flag that he proudly put up when he moved in just a few days ago. But then an apartment manager at the Lodge on El Dorado told him he had to take it down. “What really stunned me is that she said it’s a threat towards the Muslim community,” said Tran. “I’m not a threat toward anybody.”

But there are other patriotic symbols hanging from other balconies in the complex, and Tran doesn’t plan to budge.  To Tran it’s about so much more than stars and stripes. “I have friends that died for this country,” he said.

COMPLAIN TO CLARA RIVERA HERE: http://lodgeeldorado.com

TEL NO: (281) 480-3730

Video | News | Weather | Sports
Wed Jun 18 21:07:14 PDT 2014

Man says apartment complex called his US flag a ‘threat to Muslim community’

A Webster man says his apartment complex manager told him his American flag was a “threat to the Muslim community,” and that he has to take it down. But he’s not giving up without a fight. view full article

http://www.barenakedislam.com/2014/06/19/disgraceful-vietnamese-american-told-to-take-down-his-american-flag-from-texas-apartment-because-it-is-a-threat-to-the-muslim-community/
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 03:19:07 pm by rangerrebew »

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
I keep hearing the damndest stories like this, coming from Texas....

Offline GourmetDan

Proving only that they aren't 'newsworthy' anywhere else...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion

But unlike other states, it is not the government forcing him to do it.  It is some moronic apartment manager who is probably a Muslim and is the one offended.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
[[ I keep hearing the damndest stories like this, coming from Texas... ]]

The sounds of "Texas turning...." ??