Author Topic: GOP Rep. to IRS Commissioner: Why Should Anyone Believe You?  (Read 727 times)

rangerrebew

GOP Rep. to IRS Commissioner: Why Should Anyone Believe You?

BY:  Washington Free Beacon Staff
June 20, 2014 10:40 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UTMMJzDtUo

Rep. Kevin Brady (R., Texas) slammed IRS Commissioner John Koskinen Friday saying, “Why should anyone believe you?” and argued, “This is the most corrupt and deceitful IRS in the history [of the U.S.].”

“You have not provided us any information. In fact, we didn’t learn until last week, and then this week that you have supposedly lost e-mails, not just from Ms. Lerner but from other persons of interest,” Brady said Friday at a House Ways and Means hearing.

Earlier this week, the IRS claimed to have lost two years worth of emails between former IRS official Lois Lerner, who resigned under pressure for her role in the IRS targeting scandal, and outside agencies and groups.

Koskinen responded, “There is no evidence that any of those emails have been lost either.”

“Mr. Commissioner, why at this point, why should anyone believe you? The IRS denied for two years targeting of Americans based on their political beliefs, that wasn’t the truth. They said it was a few rogue agents in Cincinnati, That wasn’t the truth. You said you were targeting a liberal organizations, that wasn’t the truth,” Brady continued.

http://freebeacon.com/issues/gop-rep-to-irs-commissioner-why-should-anyone-believe-you/
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 03:02:28 pm by rangerrebew »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: GOP Rep. to IRS Commissioner: Why Should Anyone Believe You?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 03:11:09 pm »
No one SHOULD believe a word he says any longer!

What they SHOULD do is vote HR25 out of Ways and means and thus begin the process of getting rid of the Marxist income tax and the IRS!

Congressman Brady is my rep and a co-sponsor of that legislation.

"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 03:54:35 pm »
The income tax isn't marxist.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 03:58:37 pm »
The income tax isn't marxist.

I believe it is!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 04:00:26 pm »
I believe it is!

that doesn't make it so.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2014, 04:03:32 pm »
that doesn't make it so.

Nor does your saying it isn't Marxist make it so!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2014, 04:12:12 pm »
Nor does your saying it isn't Marxist make it so!

Yes it does because my position is the default.  Until and unless you provide persuasive proof - which you cannot - my position wins and your position loses.

And yes, I know - because it's a singular affliction of yours - that Marx and Engels approved of the income tax because they thought it would be useful in achieving their political aims.  So what?  They thought armed struggle would achieve their ends as well; does that make all armed struggle marxist?  William Pitt in England approved of the income tax long before Marx and Engels so by your own argument the income tax is British, not marxist, and Marx and Engels should be criticized for having approved of such a bourgeois thing as the income tax.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2014, 04:25:59 pm »
Yes it does because my position is the default.  Until and unless you provide persuasive proof - which you cannot - my position wins and your position loses.

And yes, I know - because it's a singular affliction of yours - that Marx and Engels approved of the income tax because they thought it would be useful in achieving their political aims.  So what?  They thought armed struggle would achieve their ends as well; does that make all armed struggle marxist?  William Pitt in England approved of the income tax long before Marx and Engels so by your own argument the income tax is British, not marxist, and Marx and Engels should be criticized for having approved of such a bourgeois thing as the income tax.

So YOU say! I disagree that it is the default and even if it is  the current default I contend that to be the fault of our education systems improper dissemination of  FACTS for more than 100 years!!

“The greatest tool Communism has in our toolbox is the progressive income tax.”-- Karl Marx
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 04:26:37 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline katzenjammer

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2014, 04:31:40 pm »
So YOU say! I disagree that it is the default and even if it is  the current default I contend that to be the fault of our education systems improper dissemination of  FACTS for more than 100 years!!

“The greatest tool Communism has in our toolbox is the progressive income tax.”-- Karl Marx

Marxist and/or British matters not to me, it just has to go!  Time to move HR25 forward!

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2014, 04:35:44 pm »
Marxist and/or British matters not to me, it just has to go!  Time to move HR25 forward!

:amen:  :amen: And  :amen:

We will never again be a truly FREE people until we demand that exactly that be done!  :patriot:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2014, 04:55:45 pm »
If anyone wishes to learn the actual history of the income tax they should get a copy of this book and READ IT!

http://www.amazon.com/Good-Evil-Impact-Course-Civilization-ebook/dp/B009D17G8Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1403283292&sr=8-1&keywords=Charles+Adams

I don't think another book like it has ever been written!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 04:59:33 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Oceander

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2014, 05:43:24 pm »
If anyone wishes to learn the actual history of the income tax they should get a copy of this book and READ IT!

http://www.amazon.com/Good-Evil-Impact-Course-Civilization-ebook/dp/B009D17G8Q/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1403283292&sr=8-1&keywords=Charles+Adams

I don't think another book like it has ever been written!

From the horse's very own mouth in a subsequent book:

A precursor to the modern income tax we know today was invented by the British in 1800 to finance their engagement in the war with Napoleon.  The tax was repealed in 1816 and opponents of the tax, who thought it should only be used to finance wars, wanted all records of the tax destroyed along with its repeal.  Records were publicly burned by the Chancellor of the Exchequer but copies were retained in the basement of the tax court.
Adams, Charles, Those Dirty Rotten TAXES (1998, The Free Press, New York NY).
(emphasis mine)

My source:  Tax World.... A History of Taxation

Karl Marx was born May 5, 1818, source:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karl_marx#Childhood_and_early_education:_1818.E2.80.931835

Courtesy of Mr. Adams, in a later work, we see that the income tax cannot be "marxist" because he - Karl Marx - didn't invent it and was not the first to utilize it or argue for its adoption.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 05:44:15 pm by Oceander »

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2014, 05:59:39 pm »
And The following, directly quoted from the Manifesto of the Communist party Chapter II. Proletarians and Communists toward the end, makes it MARXIST IMHO!

"...of the proletariat organized as the ruling class; and to increase the total of productive forces as rapidly as possible. Of course, in the beginning, this cannot be effected except by means of despotic inroads on the rights of property, and on the conditions of bourgeois production; by means of measures, therefore, which appear economically insufficient and untenable, but which, in the course of the movement, outstrip themselves, necessitate further inroads upon the old social order, and are unavoidable as a means of entirely revolutionizing the mode of production. These measures will of course be different in different countries. Nevertheless in the most advanced countries, the following will be pretty generally applicable.

1.   Abolition of property in land and application of all rents of land to public purposes.

2.   A heavy progressive or graduated income tax.

3.   Abolition of all right of inheritance.

4.   Confiscation of the property of all emigrants and rebels.

5.   Centralization of credit in the hands of the State, by means of a national bank with state capital and an exclusive monopoly.

6.   Centralization of the means of communication and transport in the hands of the State.

7.   Extension of factories and instruments of production owned by the State; the bringing into cultivation of waste-lands, and the improvement of the soil generally in accordance with a common plan.

8.   Equal liability of all to labor. Establishment of industrial armies, especially for agriculture.

9.   Combination of agriculture with manufacturing industries; gradual abolition of the distinction between town and country, by a more equable distribution of the population over the country.

10.   Free education for all children in public schools. Abolition of children's factory labor in its present form. Combination of education with industrial production, &c., &c.

When, in the course of development, class distinctions have disappeared, and all production has been concentrated in the hands of a vast association of the whole nation, the public power will lose its political character. Political power, properly so called, is merely the organized power of one class for oppressing another. If the proletariat during its contest with the bourgeoisie is compelled, by the force of circumstances, to organize itself as a class, if, by means of a revolution, it makes itself the ruling class, and, as such, sweeps away by force the old conditions of production, then it will, along with these conditions, have swept away the conditions for the existence of class antagonisms and of classes generally, and will thereby have abolished its own supremacy as a class. In place "

I have never said and will never say that the income tax did not exist prior to Marx and Engels because it DEFINITELY did but their clear adoption of it for their own purposes makes it Marxist IMHO!

« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 06:03:22 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien