Author Topic: Still Waiting for a WMD Apology  (Read 307 times)

rangerrebew

Still Waiting for a WMD Apology
« on: June 21, 2014, 08:31:48 am »

Still Waiting for a WMD Apology

Posted on June 20, 2014 by Common Constitutionalist Filed under Liberal Hypocrisy, National Security, Politics, Terrorism, War, World News

Remember this: “Bush Lied – People Died” – the refrain of the left when we didn’t find Weapons of Mass Destruction in Iraq after the Bush Administration’s build-up and claims that Saddam Hussein had WMD?

I sure do. He and his administration were pummeled for years over it, even to this day.

In 2008, an “independent” study by two “nonprofit journalism organizations,” both funded by George Soros stated the following: Administration statements “were part of an orchestrated campaign that effectively galvanized public opinion and, in the process, led the nation to war under decidedly false pretenses. It is now beyond dispute that Iraq did not possess any weapons of mass destruction or have meaningful ties to al-Qaeda…”

Well, that’s a definitive statement!

They obviously neglected to read more than the first paragraph of a Senate select committee on intelligence report headed up by democrat hack, Senator John D. Rockefeller that was released that same year.

Rockefeller began by stating, “In making the case for war, the administration repeatedly presented intelligence as fact when it was unsubstantiated, contradicted or even nonexistent.”

Again, that sounds pretty definitive and quite damning. But further in the report one might notice the following regarding Saddam’s nuclear program: The president’s statements, “were generally substantiated by intelligence community estimates.”

What about Bush’s claims of biological and chemical weapons? Again: The president’s statements “were substantiated by intelligence information.”

Okay, what about Bush’s bogus claim that Saddam supported and provided safe haven and training for terrorists? Rockefeller reported: “Statements that Iraq provided safe haven for Abu Musab al-Zarqawi and other terrorists with ties to Al Qaeda were substantiated by the intelligence assessments.”

Alright, so maybe all that intelligence was wrong. Why rehash this all these years later?

Well, it seems the terror group ISIS, who have been rampaging through Iraq on their way to Baghdad has made a discovery.

They have taken over a military complex containing a “stockpile” of old chemical weapons left by Saddam.

The al Muthanna facility is said to contain mustard gas, Sarin, Taban, and VX. These weapons are stored in two sealed bunkers at the facility in the desert approximately 50 miles west of Baghdad.

The geniuses at the U.S. State Department said they “believe” the terrorists will “NOT” be able to make use of the weapons.

I, for one, believe them, for they are not just demonstrably brilliant but trustworthy, as is every government department.

U.S. officials said they wouldn’t have left the chemicals there after the 2011 pullout if it represented a security threat.

I feel better … how about you?

So the United States left behind large stockpiles of chemical weapons and bulk agent. Great! And now it’s in the hands of possibly the most ruthless, American hating terrorist gang on the planet.

But Obama is on the case so what could possibly go wrong?

As for an apology from all you who were “certain” there were no WMD in Iraq… I won’t hold my breath waiting.

Attribution: Fred Hiatt, Umberto Bucchi

Read more at http://godfatherpolitics.com/15980/still-waiting-wmd-apology/#3Wqz4J0MfvIALXQ1.99