Author Topic: TEXAS APPROVES BORDER SECURITY SURGE  (Read 1101 times)

Offline wolfcreek

TEXAS APPROVES BORDER SECURITY SURGE
« on: June 19, 2014, 11:32:28 am »
http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Texas/2014/06/18/BREAKING-Texas-Border-Security-Surge-Imminent

UPDATE: Texas Governor Rick Perry, Lt. Gov. David Dewhurst, and Speaker Joe Straus today directed the Texas Dept. of Public Safety (DPS) to immediately begin law enforcement surge operations on the Texas/Mexico border. The DPS will attempt to combat the flood of illegal immigration into the state in the absence of adequate federal resources to secure the border. State leaders have authorized approximately $1.3 million per week to fund border security operations.

HOUSTON, Texas—State Representative Debbie Riddle (R-Tomball) told Breitbart Texas she spoke with Governor Rick Perry’s (R-TX) Office and they confirmed the surge to deal with the Texas border crisis is about to begin. Details are not available at this time, but Riddle said, “It is going to happen.”

Riddle spoke with Governor Perry’s office about the issue and was assured it “is going to be coming soon.” She said Governor Perry’s office is working very closely with Lt. Governor David Dewhurst’s office along with the office of House Speaker Joe Straus.

“They are gathering together everything they need to begin this right away,” Riddle said. She told Breitbart Texas that she could not divulge any information about exactly when, how long, and where the surge would be for reasons of operational security. She also could not disclose what the operational objectives would be at this time.

snip

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
Re: TEXAS APPROVES BORDER SECURITY SURGE
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 01:08:14 pm »
Here is Gov. Perry's statement on this:

"The responsibility for securing the border rests exclusively on the federal government. The federal government’s failure to secure the border has created an incentive for families to send their children on a dangerous, and sometimes fatal, journey. Until the federal government fulfills its duty, it falls on the State of Texas to address those obligations."

http://twitchy.com/2014/06/18/texas-governor-rick-perry-orders-border-surge/

I'm glad to see this.  The states are going to have to step up and start taking the reins more - we cannot let the Fed abuse this kind of power.  I wish Rick Perry was our president right now!

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 01:23:59 pm »
Here is Gov. Perry's statement on this:

"The responsibility for securing the border rests exclusively on the federal government. The federal government’s failure to secure the border has created an incentive for families to send their children on a dangerous, and sometimes fatal, journey. Until the federal government fulfills its duty, it falls on the State of Texas to address those obligations."

http://twitchy.com/2014/06/18/texas-governor-rick-perry-orders-border-surge/

I'm glad to see this.  The states are going to have to step up and start taking the reins more - we cannot let the Fed abuse this kind of power.  I wish Rick Perry was our president right now!

I agree. We would be a much more prosperous and secure nation.

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 01:58:22 pm »

Of course, should the States actually do this, the Federal response will be to mobilize the U.S. military against the States and in protection of the illegals...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 02:06:58 pm »
Of course, should the States actually do this, the Federal response will be to mobilize the U.S. military against the States and in protection of the illegals...

I can easily see that happening.  It's at the point where we either sit back and let them destroy us, or start taking it back.

Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 04:12:05 pm »

Someone has to take a stand. It just seems right that Texas will be the one.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2014, 03:00:26 am »
Gourment Dan wrote above:
[[ Of course, should the States actually do this, the Federal response will be to mobilize the U.S. military against the States and in protection of the illegals... ]]

You can count on this happening.

Texas' response to any order from the Obama administration to "cease and desist" their border protection operation should be met with a very public statement (which would have to come from Perry), to the effect: "come down here and STOP us!"

If I was Perry, I'd also say (very publicly), how are things going to look on tv when the soldiers of the federal government fire on Texans trying to defend their borders and their state from an alien invasion ??

I sense that at that point, there would be quite a few VERY uncomfortable officers in the United States military.

Honest question to anyone here (and that may include former military officers):
Who wants to go down in history as the first officer to order that his troops fire on fellow  soldier/Americans ??

My prediction is that if Texas displays the gumption to really do something at the border (of which as yet we have seen no hard evidence), it's going to play out like the Cliven Bundy episode up in Nevada. There, it was ordinary citizens against the feds. But Texas will be different, with the full power of the state (perhaps with citizens, as well) vs. the federals.

Who's gonna back down now?

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2014, 02:04:25 pm »

Who's gonna back down now?

Texas would.  The federales might let Texas and their politicians 'talk tough', but in the end the Texas pols would back down and submit.

You have to remember that politics is coordinated at that level.

They want you to think it's real, but it's not...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2014, 06:24:53 pm »
Or Texas could secede. ;)

Oceander

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2014, 06:43:47 pm »
May get knocked down based on the Supreme Court's ruling in Arizona v. United States.

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2014, 07:29:20 pm »
May get knocked down based on the Supreme Court's ruling in Arizona v. United States.

Texas didn't pass any laws.This was an EO.

Offline flowers

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2014, 07:41:32 pm »
this is going to be sorta interesting to watch. The mere fact a the state will do anything  will be a bit surprising to me. I agree with  GourmetDan with this.

The federales might let Texas and their politicians 'talk tough', but in the end the Texas pols would back down and submit.

I would be extremely delighted to see Texas fight the administration, but i just don't see it being done.

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2014, 08:26:37 pm »
this is going to be sorta interesting to watch. The mere fact a the state will do anything  will be a bit surprising to me. I agree with  GourmetDan with this.

I would be extremely delighted to see Texas fight the administration, but i just don't see it being done.
I would even like to see AG Abbott file a suit against the regime for dereliction of constitutional duty to get the process rolling.

Offline Ford289HiPo

• Don't take life seriously; No one gets out alive
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2014, 02:32:35 am »
Texas would.  The federales might let Texas and their politicians 'talk tough', but in the end the Texas pols would back down and submit.

Perry backed down from the EPA and TSA. He would back down on this too.
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.

Offline Ford289HiPo

• Don't take life seriously; No one gets out alive
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2014, 02:34:16 am »
Or Texas could secede. ;)

Only if I get to be King of Bandera.  :tongue2:
I wonder when the lies will stop and truth begin, even as grim as the truth may be. And then I remember that for 70 years, the reign of terror in Russia called itself "the people's government." We have so far to fall, yet we are falling fast and Hell yawns to receive us.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2014, 02:50:30 am »
flowers wrote above:
[[ I would be extremely delighted to see Texas fight the administration, but i just don't see it being done. ]]

Then the state of Texas is doomed.
Or to put it more correctly, the future of Texas -as a red state- is doomed.

This has the potential to "turn Texas blue" -- exactly why Obama will try to stop Texas from defending itself.

If the states AREN'T willing to take the initiative in the face of federal refusal to enforce the laws and protect the border, what does this portend for the country?

Unless Texas "resists", there will -be no- "border" any longer.

I posted in another topic, I'll say it again. This is a "Cliven Bundy" confrontation, on a larger scale. If Texas (the state government) "resists", along with enough citizens, I sense the federals will be forced to back down, as they did in Nevada.

Particulary if there's enough media coverage at the actual "points of confrontation"...

Offline wolfcreek

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2014, 04:11:45 pm »
Perry backed down from the EPA and TSA. He would back down on this too.

Maybe he wants to go out with a bang?