Author Topic:  (Read 662 times)

Online rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
« on: June 19, 2014, 06:21:31 AM »
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 08:05:02 AM »
The NSA has everything we need.

Subpoena them.

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 08:50:09 AM »
The NSA has everything we need.

Subpoena them.

Nah, they only keep the stuff they'll really need - like our phone calls, emails, etc.  I guarantee the NSA has already "lost" Lerner's emails too. 
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 09:06:11 AM »

Email is stored on the mail server, not on the individual C: drives of the user.  The mail server is backed up, usually to tape and usually forever.

If the IRS doesn't have Lerner's emails, it's because they deleted them...

I'm sure that Issa understands that.  This is just theatre...

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 09:14:34 AM »
Email is stored on the mail server, not on the individual C: drives of the user.  The mail server is backed up, usually to tape and usually forever.

If the IRS doesn't have Lerner's emails, it's because they deleted them...

I'm sure that Issa understands that.  This is just theatre...

That's the thing.  I'm getting a little tired of "going to the theatre" myself.  That's all I ever see my gov't do anymore, is theatre.  Both sides.  What they're doing is running the clock out while they look like they're actually doing something. 

What's happening increasingly, is that these "actors" are not putting out Oscar-worthy performances anymore - they're rich and fat and hardly have to try very hard - because they know that they will get away with it, time after time. 

Online Bigun

• The income tax: Root of all evil!
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 09:25:33 AM »
That's the thing.  I'm getting a little tired of "going to the theatre" myself.  That's all I ever see my gov't do anymore, is theatre.  Both sides.  What they're doing is running the clock out while they look like they're actually doing something. 

What's happening increasingly, is that these "actors" are not putting out Oscar-worthy performances anymore - they're rich and fat and hardly have to try very hard - because they know that they will get away with it, time after time.

We already KNOW what the problem is and we know what the solution is so why are we screwing around with this kind of crap instead of implementing the solution!

http://fairtax.org

Offline alicewonders

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2014, 09:31:03 AM »
We already KNOW what the problem is and we know what the solution is so why are we screwing around with this kind of crap instead of implementing the solution!

http://fairtax.org

Exactly Bigun.  This whole hearing is a joke - and the IRS is treating it as a joke.  The IRS is picking it's nose on camera and flinging the booger at us!  (Sorry for the visual - but that's what they're doing!)

The IRS has become an agency with too much power and no one to hold them accountable.  Where is the leadership to start the process of abolishing the IRS once and for all - and creating a fair method of taxation - and that all-important accompaniment REPRESENTATION?

Offline Fishrrman

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2014, 11:11:34 PM »
alice wrote above:
[[ Nah, they only keep the stuff they'll really need - like our phone calls, emails, etc.  I guarantee the NSA has already "lost" Lerner's emails too. ]]

I wouldn't be surprised if the NSA (under orders from Obama or Valerie) actually provided IRS with the destination of every email sent from Lerner's computer.

This way, IRS could trace down every document, and get the word to those who had the emails, that if they knew what was good for them, they'd better delete their copies, and any backups of the copies they had.

I sense, however, that somewhere, a few individuals in possession of incriminating emails decided that maybe they'd better tuck away a copy of same safely. Kind of like "Monica's dress".

The hard task will be tracking those few people down, and perhaps even harder, persuading them to come forth with what they know...
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 11:12:50 PM by Fishrrman »

Online Bigun

• The income tax: Root of all evil!
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2014, 11:16:42 PM »
The worst part of the IRS scandal is that unless you watch Fox News you don't know a thing about it!

The Networks and the AP REFUSE to cover it!

SPQR

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2014, 03:24:41 AM »
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 03:25:25 AM by Trigger »

Offline GourmetDan

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2014, 09:59:52 AM »
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline PzLdr

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2014, 10:32:23 AM »
The dog ate her hard drive?
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

SPQR

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2014, 12:37:04 AM »
Yep, this is exactly correct.  Whether her computer crashed or not is irrelevant to the issue.

The IRS is lying and 'Con'-gress knows it...

:beer:

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf