Author Topic: Jesus Christ Did Not Believe In Tolerance And Peace, But The Punishment Of Evil Doers And Evil People  (Read 7694 times)

Offline wolfcreek

http://shoebat.com/2014/06/14/jesus-christ-believe-tolerance-peace-punishment-evil-doers-evil-people/

esus Christ did not believe in tolerance and peace, but the punishment of evil doers and evil people.
I never accepted the modern perception of Christianity, as a sort of peace loving religion. Christ Himself said:

Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. –Matthew 10:34

Christ is “The LORD strong and mighty, the LORD mighty in battle.” (Psalm 24:8)

The Divine Law strikes, and the heretics scatter, like wolves without a head. Now is the hour of darkness, now is the hour of the savages and their leader the wicked one, “given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them” (Revelation 13:7)

But with the hour of persecution, comes the time for the shepherds who, worshiping the Eternal Shepherd, strikes the lion and the bear to rescue one sheep, and then slays the mighty hunter who defies “the armies of the living God” (1 Samuel 17:26).

The Two Swords, the Spiritual and the Temporal, lie in the hands of the Church, and yet they remaine unused, rusted and ignored by indifferent hearts. These are the Swords of the Church Militant, who rises, confronts, and destroys the bastions of darkness that advance against the Kingdom of Heaven.

When the Holy Sepulchre and holy places of pilgrimage were tainted and desecrated by the Muslim heathen, tell me, did Christians stay still, and say amongst themselves, “We must accept that Christian lands are now belong under the law of Islam. We as Christians should condemn what they are doing, but we must not wish harm on anyone or be militant, because we are under the New Covenant, and Christ never declared war on anyone”?

Never.

snip

Christianity in under siege and many of those who claim to be Christians ignore basic principles.

Is it time to fight back?

Offline sinkspur

For every one of these militant-sounding quotes, there are counterbalancing quotes that indicate Jesus' kingdom was not of this world, that he advocated his followers turn the other cheek and, with his own life He showed that He would not strike back at his enemies. 

Christianity is not a violent, war-mongering faith.  Selective reading of Scripture is always a dangerous and self-serving thing to do.

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline wolfcreek

For every one of these militant-sounding quotes, there are counterbalancing quotes that indicate Jesus' kingdom was not of this world, that he advocated his followers turn the other cheek and, with his own life He showed that He would not strike back at his enemies. 

Christianity is not a violent, war-mongering faith.  Selective reading of Scripture is always a dangerous and self-serving thing to do.

Hey sink, how ya doing?

We, as a group, didn't learn and he's going to come back.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Matthew 5:9 Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called the sons of God.

Now get out there and kick some evil doer ass!
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline NavyCanDo

Jesus did not enter the World to punish anyone.  For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. John 3:17

Does anyone not think that if his purpose here was to punish the wicked that he could of called a legion of angels to squash those crucifying him? Really, we don't have to look any further than Saul, who by his own wickedness many of the early Jesus followers were tormented, and even killed.  If Jesus came to punish the wicked, if that was his purpose, Saul would have been on his short list.

But I'm not arguing that he was a pacifist either. In the Book of Luke, Chapter 22 verse 36, Jesus told his disciples that: “He that has a purse, let him take it, and likewise his bag: and he that has no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.”

Sell the shirt of your back if necessary…but make sure you are armed.  That’s the Gospel right there.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!

Ezekiel 25:17.

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

...Jules Winnfield
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
...Jules Winnfield

Ezekiel?

I didn't know you were Jewish!

Oceander

If one buys this, then one is committed to accepting that the religious-based violence committed by militant muslims is also permissible.

Offline wolfcreek

'Permissible' to whom? To God, Allah or whoever? Each religion does it their own way.

I think this speak more to Christ's return but, just as much did he not want us to harshly judge, love one another and to turn the other cheek, he warns us of the consequences of sin.

Offline PzLdr

I am not a religious man. But one quote from the Bible, I remember. "Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's" I used it once in a brief I wrote on a criminal appeal, in response to the defendant's plea for mercy. I prefaced the quote with a recap of the defendant's argument. I followed it with "His a*s belongs to Caesar". He got justice. 
Hillary's Self-announced Qualifications: She Stood Up To Putin...She Sits to Pee

Oceander

I am not a religious man. But one quote from the Bible, I remember. "Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's" I used it once in a brief I wrote on a criminal appeal, in response to the defendant's plea for mercy. I prefaced the quote with a recap of the defendant's argument. I followed it with "His a*s belongs to Caesar". He got justice. 

sounds like an interesting brief

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
Actually, Christ taught redemption and grace for those who have fallen away, he himself was not the punisher but the redeemer. Punishment was a natural result of falling away, not something instigated by Christ.

To take it one step further, Christ made it a point to associate and be kind to those who fell away, often eating with them. He reached out to those who needed redemption.

The one place we do find his anger and punishment was not against what one would consider 'evil doers' but the church itself when he threw the money changers out of the temple.

It seems to me one of the main messages is to be a light to those who need it and keep your own house in order.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Jesus did not enter the World to punish anyone.  For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. John 3:17

Does anyone not think that if his purpose here was to punish the wicked that he could of called a legion of angels to squash those crucifying him? Really, we don't have to look any further than Saul, who by his own wickedness many of the early Jesus followers were tormented, and even killed.  If Jesus came to punish the wicked, if that was his purpose, Saul would have been on his short list.

But I'm not arguing that he was a pacifist either. In the Book of Luke, Chapter 22 verse 36, Jesus told his disciples that: “He that has a purse, let him take it, and likewise his bag: and he that has no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.”

Sell the shirt of your back if necessary…but make sure you are armed.  That’s the Gospel right there.

BUCK NAKED and armed, if I'm reading that right.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
So much of what's wrong with the world today is centered on this notion of righteous violence in the name of a God. I detest Hell and Brimstone religion and fear mongering in the name of God.

Jesus' message to us was rather simple: if you live a good and exemplary life and you follow me, you will achieve entrance to My Father's House. If you've erred and sincerely ask Me for forgiveness, I will grant you that forgiveness and you will achieve entrance to My Father's House.

In other words, not achieving entrance to Heaven isn't Jesus punishing us, but rather a failure in our parts to achieve something that He has made accessible to all.

This idea that Jesus believed in punishing evil doers is absurd and Neanderthal-like in nature. If all sin is evil, and sinners can be forgiven through Him, how does that translate into Jesus believing in the punishment of evil doers?

Offline NavyCanDo

BUCK NAKED and armed, if I'm reading that right.

Not that I would want to see Gunny R. Lee Ermey in his birthday suit, but that's the image in my mind now, thanks to you.   
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Oceander

So much of what's wrong with the world today is centered on this notion of righteous violence in the name of a God. I detest Hell and Brimstone religion and fear mongering in the name of God.

Jesus' message to us was rather simple: if you live a good and exemplary life and you follow me, you will achieve entrance to My Father's House. If you've erred and sincerely ask Me for forgiveness, I will grant you that forgiveness and you will achieve entrance to My Father's House.

In other words, not achieving entrance to Heaven isn't Jesus punishing us, but rather a failure in our parts to achieve something that He has made accessible to all.

This idea that Jesus believed in punishing evil doers is absurd and Neanderthal-like in nature. If all sin is evil, and sinners can be forgiven through Him, how does that translate into Jesus believing in the punishment of evil doers?

well put

Offline Dexter

• User banned for personal attacks. --CL
The word of God is supposed to be beyond the comprehension of any human, so why is it so hard to believe that maybe everything in the Bible should not be taken literally? I think it is entirely possible that some of it is wrong/misunderstood. There are so many contradictions throughout the Bible one starts to lose count.
"I know one thing, that I know nothing."
-Socrates

Offline wolfcreek

The word of God is supposed to be beyond the comprehension of any human, so why is it so hard to believe that maybe everything in the Bible should not be taken literally? I think it is entirely possible that some of it is wrong/misunderstood. There are so many contradictions throughout the Bible one starts to lose count.

This is why we must also rely on logic and natural reason.

Homosexuality is neither logical nor natural.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
This is why we must also rely on logic and natural reason.

Homosexuality is neither logical nor natural.

To YOU, so you would never engage in it.

I don't think that vegetarianism, penile piercings or tattoos are logical or natural, but I'm not running around demanding that the government forbid people from being vegetarians or getting piercing and tattoos.

My fight begins when someone engages the force of government and tries to force me to become a vegetarian, get a Prince Albert, or a tattoo because that's what they think I should do.

My fight also begins when someone engages the force of government and tries to STOP me from being a vegetarian, getting a Prince Albert, or a tattoo of my mother's name across my chest because they disapprove of my doing those things.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2014, 08:22:16 pm by Luis Gonzalez »

Oceander

I don't think that vegetarianism, penile piercings or tattoos are logical or natural, but I'm not running around demanding that the government forbid people from being vegetarians or getting piercing and tattoos.

My fight begins when someone engages the force of government and tries to force me to become a vegetarian, get a Prince Albert, or a tattoo because that's what they think I should do.

My fight also begins when someone engages the force of government and tries to STOP me from being a vegetarian, getting a Prince Albert, or a tattoo of my mother's name across my chest because they disapprove of my doing those things.

That's about all we need to know about you and your Prince Albert!   :silly:

Offline wolfcreek

What you are NOT DOING is confronting sin in this world. Pffftt passing laws, you're not doing it on a personal level.  You accept sin because you don't have the gumption to challenge it.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
What you are NOT DOING is confronting sin in this world. Pffftt passing laws, you're not doing it on a personal level.  You accept sin because you don't have the gumption to challenge it.

I don't need to confront the sins of this world. If I did, I'd be too damned busy to actually have a life.

What you are doing is selectively confronting sins, and accepting a greater number of sins because those sins are committed by that part of the population that you are a part of. You'd rather "confront" the sins of a minority because they are easier to control.

LONG before you get to that minority, you should be spending most of your time and energy on that percentage of heterosexuals who are A) cohabitating (3 out of 4 women in their 30's have lived, or are living with a man without the benefit of marriage), B) having children out of wedlock (almost 50% of all births in the US are now happening out of wedlock), and C) divorcing at an increasing rate again (there is one divorce for every two marriages performed in the US today... for those people who bother getting married.

The minority is easier to control than the majority, but it's the majority who has marriage and families in crisis, not the minority.

So, if there's a lack of gumption on anyone's part about facing and confronting sin, it's in the part of those who point at the speck in their brother's eye while ignoring the beam in their own eye.

Confronting a selected sin while ignoring the greater sin is just a way to feel like you're doing God's work, while actually doing nothing.

Offline wolfcreek

You don't know what I'm confronting. You don't have a clue.

You're making excuses for sin and sinners while disparaging the religion you yourself claim.

You make the same points as Leftist do on other sites. I'm calling out your disingenuousness.

Offline sinkspur

The only sinners Jesus ever seriously confronted were the self-righteous Pharisees of his own Jewish belief.  And he confronted them precisely because they made it their business to condemn and denounce their fellow Jews who were not keeping the 613 Jewish laws.

Jesus was about doing good, not condemning sinners. 
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.