Author Topic: Jesus Christ Did Not Believe In Tolerance And Peace, But The Punishment Of Evil Doers And Evil People  (Read 7771 times)

Oceander

Judging the sins of a person is judging the person. You cannot judge the actions of another person and try to say you're not actually judging that person, just their actions. That's kind of ridiculous. How about we all do the best we can to live good lives and allow God to do the judging after we are all dead?

Not entirely.  One can judge the sins of another without also judging that other to be beyond redemption and, therefore, capable of stepping beyond those sins.

Offline wolfcreek

Perhaps, but it is not your duty to decide what does or does not save/condemn people. Leave it to God.

Please direct me to where it says that in the Bible?

Let me help.

Ezekiel 33:7
"Son of man, I have made you a watchman for the people of Israel; so hear the word I speak and give them warning from me.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 07:19:49 pm by wolfcreek »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
I think you guys should keep on beating this into the ground.

Maybe someday you'll get to the bottom of it.....

:smokin:

Offline wolfcreek

I think you guys should keep on beating this into the ground.

Maybe someday you'll get to the bottom of it.....

:smokin:

Comes down to those who will be watchmen and those who could care less.

Offline GourmetDan

Comes down to those who will be watchmen and those who could care less.

Or those who don't want to hear...

Luke 14:34-35 - "“Salt is good, but if it loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again?  It is fit neither for the soil nor for the manure pile; it is thrown out.  Whoever has ears to hear, let them hear.”

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
This place is going in the same direction as TOS; e.g. Bible quotes ad infinitum, and that trumps all other intelligent discussion of politics.

I suppose that is more interesting, to a narrower, and narrower group. If you happen to be in that narrow group.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online DCPatriot

This place is going in the same direction as TOS; e.g. Bible quotes ad infinitum, and that trumps all other intelligent discussion of politics.

That will be the frigging day, TS.

But like most, the scandals and daily updates are geared to overwhelm.  And it's successful.

Many of us have tuned out...just focusing on surviving and caring for their family.   

We're overloaded with bullshit...seemingly hourly, that's sole purpose is to depress us.

That said, I find religious debates a complete waste of time and energy.

I live according to HIS commandment.    Treat your neighbor as yourself.   If everybody followed that simple rule, we'd all be much happier and content.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
I live according to HIS commandment.    Treat your neighbor as yourself.   If everybody followed that simple rule, we'd all be much happier and content.

And God help anyone living next door to teenagers!  :laugh:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline wolfcreek

I suppose that is more interesting, to a narrower, and narrower group. If you happen to be in that narrow group.

The discussion and thread are about JESUS. Of course there will be scripture.

Online DCPatriot

The discussion and thread are about JESUS. Of course there will be scripture.

It's not that, Wolfcreek.

It's that some people bust their rear ends posting articles for us to peruse, and to see them drop down off the screen page with ZERO replies or comments, while a couple of religious threads refuse to die because nobody will say, "uncle". 

Offline GourmetDan

It's that some people bust their rear ends posting articles for us to peruse, and to see them drop down off the screen page with ZERO replies or comments, while a couple of religious threads refuse to die because nobody will say, "uncle".

I suppose you could post to the 'zero articles' if it really bugs you to see them drop off the screen page and you've certainly done your share to keep this thread going, so...

Why do you do the very thing you detest and then complain about it?  Just askin the obvious question...

« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 09:24:48 pm by GourmetDan »
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Online DCPatriot

I suppose you could post to the 'zero articles' if it really bugs you to see them drop off the screen page and you've certainly done your share to keep this thread going, so...

Why do you do the very thing you detest and then complain about it?  Just askin the obvious question...

It doesn't "bug me", Dan. 

Furthermore, 3 posts....one on page 1 early on.....and two on page 3....one of which is "sigh", hardly doing my "...share to keep the thread going"....as you say.

Offline GourmetDan

It doesn't "bug me", Dan. 

Why focus on whether it 'bugs' you and avoid the point about complaining about it?

Furthermore, 3 posts....one on page 1 early on.....and two on page 3....one of which is "sigh", hardly doing my "...share to keep the thread going"....as you say.

Hmmm, by my count you're up to 5 posts now.  How many is 'doing your share to keep the thread going', anyway?

Offline katzenjammer

I think that it has a lot to do with what you mentioned upthread.  So many of us are pretty much burnt out on the endless cycle of "bad news" that is generated (primarily) out of DC (no offense, lol) every day of the week, that continuing to comment on them has lost a lot of its appeal.  I mean, how many "Amens," thumbs up, or "damn, I hate these bastids" can one make before it starts to just seem like it isn't worth the keystrokes....

I think that threads like these give folks a chance to try to make some points and provide an avenue for some self expression that just isn't there in many of the others.  Just my thoughts...

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

I do get incredibly depressed about that from time to time. Try to hunt out good stuff for the World News sub forum, and it gets blanked, while some thread about the Redskins gets massive views and responses.

Offline NavyCanDo

I do get incredibly depressed about that from time to time. Try to hunt out good stuff for the World News sub forum, and it gets blanked, while some thread about the Redskins gets massive views and responses.

Gonna start me a thread. Red headed Cheerleaders cause more than one Redskin to sin.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
Gonna start me a thread. Red headed Cheerleaders cause more than one Redskin to sin.

You'll get a million views within the day.  :whistle:

Offline wolfcreek

After years of posting on the Net, I understand your angst but, perhaps religion is more important than incessant politispeak. Lately it's been the same crap everyday.

Online DCPatriot

After years of posting on the Net, I understand your angst but, perhaps religion is more important than incessant politispeak. Lately it's been the same crap everyday.

Can't disagree with that, Wolf! 

Depressing as hell.