Author Topic: George Clooney set to follow in Arnold Schwarzenegger's footsteps and run for Governor of California  (Read 386 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist

Offline raml

There are a lot of women who don't think Clooney a hunk. I never have and I clearly don't like his politics. There are women with brains in California I hope and vote not about looks but about issues. Even Brad Pitt turns my stomach these days and he unlike Clooney is a hunk. I do like Brad's mom though his dad not so much living in Missouri we know what his father and Brad were like and it isn't pretty.

Offline speekinout

Whoops - where did I get the idea they said Reagan, not Schwartzenegger? Forget I said anything.  :chairbang:
« Last Edit: June 21, 2014, 05:32:52 PM by speekinout »

Offline Carling

Brad Pitt is a closet Republican.  It's why he had to spend ~$100m of his own money on WWZ.  He's being Mel Gibsoned. 
Trump has created a cult and looks more and more like Hitler every day.
-----------------------------------------------

Offline raml

I was talking about his old drug habit and he had one both he and his father. I live in Joplin and know people who are very close to them. I wasn't talking about his politics he and Angie are a lot more conservative than they play at. He is pretty straight now but when he was younger and still with Jennifer he wasn't.

Offline rangerrebew

• America defending Veteran
  • TBR Contributor
There are a lot of women who don't think Clooney a hunk. I never have and I clearly don't like his politics. There are women with brains in California I hope and vote not about looks but about issues. Even Brad Pitt turns my stomach these days and he unlike Clooney is a hunk. I do like Brad's mom though his dad not so much living in Missouri we know what his father and Brad were like and it isn't pretty.

In this day and age, its all about name recognition and how you look on TV.  Today, Abraham Lincoln could not get elected.
"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim tribute to patriotism who should labor to subvert these great pillars of human happiness -- these firmest props of the duties of men and citizens. . . . reason and experience both forbid us to expect that national morality can prevail in exclusion of religious principles."
George Washington

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters."
Benjamin Franklin

Offline Chieftain

• AMF, YOYO
  • Your what hurts??
There should be no wonder left as to why Kallyfornea is so dysfunctional.  When someone like Clooney has a real chance among the voters of being elected Gubnor the problem is made crystal clear.....

:smokin:

Offline mountaineer

A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf