Author Topic: Hillary: Second Amendment supporters ‘terrorize the majority of people’  (Read 466 times)

rangerrebew

Hillary: Second Amendment supporters ‘terrorize the majority of people’
By Rusty Weiss on June 18, 2014 at 8:29 am 

Hillary Clinton believes that opponents of gun control ‘terrorize the majority.’  In a town hall-style event televised on CNN, the 2016 Presidential hopeful, made the argument that a ban on so-called “assault” weapons and high-capacity magazines would help reduce gun violence. Then, this happened…

The full quote, via Truth Revolt:

“I’m well aware that this is a hot political subject. And again, I will speak out no matter what role I find myself in But I believe that we need a more thoughtful conversation. We cannot let a minority of people – and it’s, that’s what it is, it is a minority of people – hold a viewpoint that terrorizes the majority of people.”

Last month, Clinton painted a scene where gun owners were going to overrun America and start shooting people who chew gum too loudly in a movie theater. In other words, they were going to terrorize the majority.

“I think that we’ve got to rein in what has become an almost article of faith that anybody can have a gun anywhere, anytime,” Clinton said at a speech in Maryland on Tuesday. “I don’t believe that is in the best interest of the vast majority of people.”

She argued against concealed carry laws by referring to a case in Florida in which a man was shot during an argument over cellphone use at a movie theater.

“At the rate we’re going, we’re going to have so many people with guns everywhere, fully licensed, fully validated in settings … [like] a movie theater. And they don’t like someone chewing gum loudly or talking on their cellphone, and decide they have the perfect right to defend themselves against the gum chewer or cellphone user by shooting,” said Clinton.

A 2013 poll from Rasmussen Reports indicates that 65% of Americans believe the right to bear arms protects them from tyranny.  In other words, it protects from those that would “terrorize.”

Watch the video clip:

Read more at http://libertyunyielding.com/2014/06/18/hillary-second-amendment-supporters-terrorize-majority-people/#ZDvCv0RgyVVUGkqJ.99

Offline xfreeper

Yep gun owners are terrorists. The mere mention of the word gun gets these gunphopic clowns all waded up. Politicians like to play into it and promote the hysteria whenever they can

Offline musiclady

And she plans on being elected and swearing to uphold the Constitution??

They're not even pretending any more, are they?
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline GourmetDan

“I think that we’ve got to rein in what has become an almost article of faith that anybody can have a gun anywhere, anytime,” Clinton said at a speech in Maryland on Tuesday. “I don’t believe that is in the best interest of the vast majority of people.”

She said as she enjoys the full-time protection of armed secret-service agents...

« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 08:30:26 pm by GourmetDan »
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." - Ecclesiastes 10:2

"The sole purpose of the Republican Party is to serve as an ineffective alternative to the Democrat Party." - GourmetDan

Offline evadR

And she plans on being elected and swearing to uphold the Constitution??

They're not even pretending any more, are they?
Nope, they're totally open about it.
All tyrants are scared to death of the 2nd amendment....and the people.
November 6, 2012, a day in infamy...the death of a republic as we know it.

Offline musiclady

Nope, they're totally open about it.
All tyrants are scared to death of the 2nd amendment....and the people.

And with good reason.

It's the main obstruction to their absolute power.

It's probably killing Obama that he hasn't been able to discard it yet.   You know he would if he thought he could get away with it.

And maybe before his reign of terror is done, he'll think he can.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline aligncare

musiclady, if you don't want a visit from NSA, FBI, SS, etc, I would be cautious about your choice of words:

It's probably killing Obama that he hasn't been able to discard it yet.

Putting those two words together in the same sentence could be problematic.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 09:00:11 pm by aligncare »

Offline NavyCanDo

musiclady, if you don't want a visit from NSA, FBI, SS, etc, I would be cautious about your choice of words:

Oh oh, you quoted musiclady. Now it's in your post too.   
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline musiclady

eh....................... they have my number already.  I'm ready for anything they can dish out.

Even a FEMA camp.   :dx1:

Offline Atomic Cow

• High Yield Minion
If liberals have their way, anyone who owns a gun (except for the special people, aka liberals, the government allows to have a gun) will be liquidated.
"...And these atomic bombs which science burst upon the world that night were strange, even to the men who used them."  H. G. Wells, The World Set Free, 1914

"The one pervading evil of democracy is the tyranny of the majority, or rather of that party, not always the majority, that succeeds, by force or fraud, in carrying elections." -Lord Acton